As-of-yet-to-have-a-real-title Emyprion Original Content Roleplay Thread.

Discussion in 'Role-playing' started by Brokenshakles, May 21, 2015.

1. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Hello Empyrion buffs! I, head of DSC corp/clan, have promised a thread for RP, but I wanted to include more than my own corp. So I have decided to dedicate a thread for roleplay between our currently forming Empyrion server group.

The rules are simple: All roleplay must be original, or based in official Empyrion lore. No crossovers from other works of fiction, but similar but distinct derivatives from other fiction is allowed. All ideas will be subject to general veto of all participants. No idea here posted is final or Canon with respect to Empyrion lore, nor to our local server group lore. It will however, serve as a platform to experiment with ideas that will eventually become official canon for this particular server group.

I will post a followup here once I go over the Offical lore in a bit more detail. From this post on, OOC discussion MUST be tagged with <OOC></OOC>. All further discussion is IC. Please use the <CHARINFO></CHARINFO> tag to give a Dossier about your original Empyrion character(s) when you are introducing them. Please note that anyone may have as many characters/alts as they like, as long as they properly claim them. All mains/alts should have unique names, and each forum member may reserve his forum handle for a single main/alt.

EDIT: We really need an official name for our server group. I'm taking suggestions.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  2. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Incoming message, open broadcast]

This is *static* Min*static*ing outpost *static*89! We've lost the defense team! *static* All base defense are down, requesting evac'! *static* *cutout*
    [message end]

[Incoming message, open broadcast]
    *static* This chef of operation for *static* outpost 89! Outpost is lost, no one is left. DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT! send evac' *static*

The Bereisige can have the d*static* planet.

[message ends]

3. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[AMS Supervisor Jay's LOG]
    [Date 22-05-2473-07:18]
    Log-1

"This is mobile log one I guess, according to the Cryo-Screen crash landing systems were iniated a few hours ago, I guess we touched down but I can't see anything through the glass, power must be out, lucky these things have batteries. From the last readouts the planet had a breathable atmos but no radio signals detected so probably low tech or uninhabited, scans were incomplete though. The cryopod hasn't opened automatically so I am going to attempt to use the emergency exiting system to blow off the door..."

[END]

[Date 22-05-2473-08:24]
    Log-2

"The ship's a mess, huge sections just gone, I found some hand held laser drills still mounted inside the cargo bay lcoker area, most of the cargo bay is burnt to a cinder though, must have busted open on re-entry, luckily some of the drills still worked, I used 3 batteries up on them just digging the graves, I have kinda grown numb to it in the last half hour, but when I first got out I dont mind telling you I threw up for ten minutes straight at least, nothing left in me now, I burnt the cryopod numbers on stones I found and put on each grave, its all I can do, the computers are down I dont know who they were, never got a chance."

[END]

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  4. Brokenshakles

[Date 22-05-2473-10:13]

ERROR: Terrestrial Impact Detected!
    ERROR: Cryopod malfunction!
    Executing emergency protocols.
    Emergency life support active and online.
    Checking patient................Done.
    Patient is stable, executing situational awareness protocol......
    Checking for nearby military assets...........No assets detected.
    Checking atmosphere.............Inconclusive.
    Quarantine Protocol activated, manual door latch disconnected.
    ERROR! Internal Processor sanity checks returned invalid output, sensors reclassified as unreliable.....
    Detecting Beacon Radio...........Check Failed, Retry.
    Detecting Beacon Radio...........Check Failed, Retry.
    Detecting Beacon Radio.......Check Successful, transmitting encrypted distress beacon.
    ECHO beacon message:
    TO ANY DSC OR AFFILIATED PARTY:
    THIS IS AN ULTRAVIOLET LEVEL PRIORITY DISTRESS BEACON! All DSC officers are to gather all DSC members and are to immediately cease all activity and execute a search for this beacon. THIS OVERRIDES ALL OTHER CONCERNS.
    Repeating Message.....
    Repeating Message.....
    Repeating Message.....

5. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 22-05-2473-10:09]
    Log-3

"After much seaching around I have concluded the Helios is definately a gonna, I have come back to the cryopod section but cant stand the thought of staying there overnight if noone comes to find me, it might take a while to locate the wreckage I guess. I got my cybernetics online again, no radio signals atall not even from the ship, that means serious damage, no power either."

[END]

[Date 22-05-2473-10:15]
    Log-4

Amazingly I just got a radio signal, seems like a distress beacon, according to signal strength its a good 10K away so I am getting a backpack together with some medical supplies and some of the rations I have found, also saw some weird critter running around earlier so taking the captains pistol from his cabin too, and one of the mining laser guns with 2 of the last few batteries, stashed everything else I have scavenged in the captains cabin, after all he aint using it. Heading for the signal now, maybe they can help me get off this rock."

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  6. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

@Brokenshakles
    This is OZ from the Drifters, you sent out a beacon message about a gathering. Is there something you need help with?

7. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

DSC do your read me?

8. Brokenshakles

<OOC> Object, please put a tad more effort into narrative crafting, one-lining it just seems like phoning it in. Also, lets presume your character is operating under limited information, you don't know yet what is going on or why a distress beacon has been sent out or who has sent it, and you have your own problems to deal with in the interim. <OOC>

[Date 22-05-2473-11:39]

Attempting AI Core reboot.... failure, retry in 15s.
    Attempting AI Core reboot.... failure, retry in 15s.
    WARNING: Patient activity detected.
    Attempting AI Core reboot.... AI Core bootstrap protocol initiated.
    AInit Executing.....
    AI reasoning subroutines loaded.
    Loading AI personality profile.... ERROR: Profile corrupted.
    Searching for backup profile.... ERROR: All available alternatives corrupted.
    OVERRIDE: Loading corrupted profile.
    Scanning files and determining best candidate....
    Loading AI personality profile.... Done.
    WARNING: AI personality is based on corrupt data, may exhibit aberrant and/or dangerous behavior.
    AI Working....
    Emergency beacon override initiated, beacon deactivated.
    Patient sedation protocol initialized.
    WARNING: Dosage of anesthetic is outside of safe parameters for patient. Proceed? Y
    Patient sedated.
    WARNING: Patient vital signs weakening...

9. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

<OOC> it's called build up <OOC>

[Date 22-05-2473-11:40]

DSC do you read me?

DSC I'm picking up a lot of beacons going up now. Something seems to be.

*computer* Navigational error

Uh what? You have got to be kidding me, set in course correction.

*computer* Navigational error, Navigational error, Navigational error

What still? Set in course corrections you piece of junk.

Manual over ride full stop!

*computer* over ride failure, Navigational error, Dropping out of FTL, impact in 3 seconds

Oh sweet mother of Mary Joe.

*computer* port thruster damaged, impact with planet surface in 16 minutes.

DSC this is OZ from the Drifters there is something wrong with the fleet, beacon have gone up all over them place. The computer dropped me out of FTL right in the path of this planets moon. I’ve lost my port thruster and what left of my ship is being pulled in by the planets gravity. I’m making my way to an escape pod.

10. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 28-05-2473-06:21]
    Log-5

"Hello logbook, Reminder to write NavComms systems a complimentary note about the sturdyness of this peice of crap, but a nastier one saying it can't triangulate for sh*beep*, Censor, seriously.... Whatever.... anyways I am still searching for that Beacon call, and I got another contact scream over head a little while ago, crashed a few K's away, loads of bits flew off it on its way across though, going to search it out, see if I can find something like a portable antenna, maybe I can get better triangulation. Whatever crashed the first time is days old now, I hope its beacon batteries hold out until I can get a better fix on it."

[END]

[Date 28-05-2473-06:33]
    Log-6

"Update on supplies, getting pretty low now, only 2 packs of rations left, and gotta find water, only 2litres left, Been looking at the plantlife but gotta..... WOW... I just seen a Dinosaur, not big or nothin but it looks similar to those museum ones, could be good eating, gonna see if the captains pistol is actually any good, try for a smaller one, should be easier to take down..."

[END]

11. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Log entry - 1]
    [Date 29-05-2473-08:45]

Well the ship is gone what was left of it after hitting moon, busted up or burned up when entering this planets atmosphere. I have no clue where I drop out of FTL at but it most defiantly not the place I wanted to be.

I made it to the escape pod in time, but the landing was rough to say in the least. Emergency supplies seem to be ok, but my suit took damage. The scrubbers are work but can’t clean to pure O2. That means if I don’t find a new suit or fix getting back in and working in space is going to be a problem.

So far so good I guess, the emergency beacon is running ok from what I tell right now. But the com’s seem to be damaged. I’ll have to get out of the pod to figure out why.

I still haven’t figured out what cause the navigational error.

[Log entry - 2]
    [Date 29-05-2473-09:45]

Had a chance to look around seems I’ve manage to crash in to what looks like the only puddle of water on this ball of dirt. Water got in to the battery chargers for the pod. I had to pull the beacon apart for its battery and solar panels to make a make shift charger for my suit and tools. Looks like I’ll be roughing it for a little while.

Managed to find a rifle in the pod, too bad the ammo wasn’t with it. I can get the weapon charged I just have nothing to shoot out of it, for now.

[Log entry - 3]
    [Date 29-05-2473-15:45]

I’ve managed to get what was still working off the pod or whatever I thought I could use. Sensors are telling me I can take my helmet off but I’m not pushing my luck today, at least not any further. Food wise I seem to be ok about a week of rations two if I push it. Water is the one up side. I have my little puddle and the filters are working.

I’m going to move to higher ground see if I can’t get my bearings. I’ve also spotted some large animal tracks near the water. I’m not staying around to see what they belong to.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  12. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 29-05-2473-07:01]
    Log-7

"The night down here are bloody freezing, my suit energy switched off during the night, the batteries just aren't getting enough charge from the solar-patches, gonna have to get to that beacons last location quickly, It stopped sending a while ago but I know roughly where it was.... That other crash is along the way too, just a few K's away to the right on my heading for where I hope that beacon is, Stupid NavComm is useless for accurate triangulation, But it bounces off rocks without a scratch.... repeatedly.... and still works, Joy... Anyways I got that Dino I went hunting, Took all the bullets I had in the captains Pistol, seriously 10 bullets to take it down, well worth it though, Cooked all the flesh and bagged it for the journey, Bled the beast too into the water filter, I figured it might work, and it did, an extra 5 litres of drinkable water, not exactly tasty but I can't complain, Only got one filter insert left though so gonna have to keep on rations for the time being still. Should get to the wreck in about 2 hours so if this is my last entry you can safely assume whoever crashed there is hostile. I hope they're not and that they can help me get off this rock."

[END]

13. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 29-05-2473-16:22]
    Log-8

"Had to take a longer route to that wreck, a massive herd of those dino things were being attacked by some freaky looking humanoid things, I managed to keep out of sight but they were literally trying to bite and scratch the dinos, the dinos won and only two of the humanoid things ran away from the ten or so that tried attacking. When i got to the wreck it was almost burned out, nothing of any use left really, used a nice thick tree branch and some of the scrap metal to make myself a good speer and a handy machete like knife just in case those things come looking for something else to attack. I climbed up onto the wreck and could just make out a lot of smashed trees over towards what looks like a lake, Heading that way, I can't say for sure but the beacons location should somewhere between me and that lake and the smashed trees. It will have to wait until morning though, gonna stay here at the wreck tonight, found a nice hole under the belly that I can climb inside and be out of site so setting up a fire outside to keep warm and make me a bit safer. I should find whatever was broadcasting the beacon signal sometime tomorrow."

[END]

14. Magelon

Magelon Lieutenant

Arrival Log 1 29-05-2473-017:22
    Magelon AMS Search & Retrieval.
    Investigating Unknown Distress Beacon

Well , here I am again, sent out into the outer reaches of some long forgotten expanse , nothing unusual I suppose. 67 days in cryo, a new record for me, except this isn't where I' supposed to be. Apparently I have been awakened prematurely due to a distress beacon in the general vicinity, now I'm chasing down some other lost soul.
    Have been awake now for 2 hrs.' waiting for another hit from the beacon.Its close but just how close. Cryo stasis, a funny thing. Your not suppose to dream in cryo, or is it that you don't remember dreaming in cryo, but its always like there is some type of urgency or something not long forgotten when you wake, as if .... There ..... a signal from the scanner slightly weak and subdued but a signal none the less. A small planet , almost dwarf like but in a stable suitable orbit. I wouldn't have even notice it except for the beacon. I may as swing past it, still a day or so before I get there so I may as well do some prep work, never know what's down there, or who. Could be an old pirate base or some colonists that just got lost.
    Some strange pulses emanating from down there, no reply from my transmitions as yet, but something seems to be affecting some of the ship systems, it must have a huge iron core to get readings like this, or, just loose optical fibre. New ship old problems, but it is getting on a bit now I suppose, its not the years, its the jumps acceleration/ deceleration takes its toll.
    Ok, finally, starting approach for re-entry , gravity a little higher than usual but not unexpected. Setting attitude, setting vectors, weird weather patterns down there.........

" The ship suddenly lurches then nothing"

What the hell was that.................................

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  15. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Log entry - 4]
    [Date 29-05-2473-17:48]

The night cycle on this planet comes really fast it seems. The temp has dropped, but my suit is keeping me going if it wasn’t for the power assist on the suit I wouldn't be able to cover this much ground or carry this much. But it’s eating in to my battery. The panels I pulled off the pod are doing their job and pulling at least a low charge off of that moon I ran in to.

Seems I was smart to move on from the pod, I could hear some unfamiliar sounds coming from the direction of the pod. I’m going to keep on moving to higher ground.

[Log entry - 5]
    [Date 29-05-2473-20:30]

I finally made it to the top of the first hill and found a clearing. Too bad I got my first look at some of the native life forms. Some Dino looking things, I didn’t have to wait long to find out they’re not friendly. Three of them charge at me the moment they spotted me. Since the rifle is useless till I find ammo I had to use the mining drill for defense. Turns out that works pretty well, I killed the first one when it jumped to attack me and end up impaling itself on the business end of the drill, I pulled the trigger and cooked the sucker from the inside out. The other two stopped I their tracks when they saw me light up their buddy like a jack-o-lantern. They tried to circle around me, but I was ready now and the drill was all fired up. The larger one of the three tried to attack me from behind; I managed to swing around in time to burn half its face of with the drill. It let out a horrible shriek of pain when that happened. But it didn’t die, they seemed to at least get the clue now, I wasn’t something to mess with and One-Eye ran off with his buddy in to the night.

I was hoping I’d be able to pull something to eat from the one I killed. But the mining laser burned it to a crisp. It was a horrible looking site; with its blackened skin, eyes melted out and still smoking.

I decided to make camp near my over cooked friend, I figure the smell of death might keep them away for the night. I just hope nothing else here like the smell of overcooked Dino.

[Log entry - 6]
    [Date 29-05-2473-20:50]

I setup camp, I tried to get my bearings but it’s too dark right now. This planet does have a pretty looking sky at night, nice and clear.

A well turn out the sky is so clear at night I could make out parts of my ship that are still in orbit after hitting the moon. Using the scope on the rifle I could roughly make out my port thruster. Still in orbit of this planet, if I can somehow get to that thruster be for it orbit decays and it burns up in the atmosphere. I could use the FTL drive off of it to break free of this rock. That is of course if it’s still working. But it’s a plan I have a plan now.

I’m going to try and get some shut eye for now. I have the suit set to wake me up in a few hours and sensors to warn me if something get to near.

[Log entry - 7]
    [Date 30-05-2473-04:28]

Well the suit woke like I set it to. But I don’t remember setting it to vibration. Not a fun way to wake up after your first night on an alien planet. The alarm caused me to jump up and fire off the rifle. Even without ammo the coil discharge still made a lot of noise.

Crispy was still there in the morning nothing seems to want to come near like I had hoped. But he’s given up his smoking habit now.

With day light and a clear view I could make out the landscape. I could make out my crash site and the pod I walked from yesterday. Further off looks to be another crash site about 12k away from my current location. From what I tell this far out it didn’t look like a livable landing. But with the tools and supplies from the pod I should be able to setup and small base and get to working on my plan to get off this rock.

I’m going to set off too the other crash site to see if I can’t find something to build a small ship out of or at least a small base. It’s got to be better than my other options.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  16. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 30-05-2473-16:27]
    Log-9

"Well I finally found that other beacon signal, well not the signal so much as an escape pod, Someone is inside ut the doors jammed, I can't seem to get it open...."

*Analysis complete - Escape Pod AI Core malfunctioning, Life support negative, Occupant heavily sedated, vitals falling, System controls locked down, Suggested course of action instigate immediate AA injection to occupant to slow and reverse sedative effects, disable AI from further actions.*

"Crap...Ok so disable computer and stab a needle in the guy inside, what could be easier....Except I have NEVER worked on a pod like this before... well better start looking, But I am gonna have to find something to pry open this pod soon or he's dead.."

*ALERT.ALERT. HUMANOID LIFESIGNS INCOMING*

"I forgot I turned that on since those skeletal humanoid things attacked those Dinos, these bushes should gimme some cover if its them again, *readies his machete* I know someone might have survived that other crash but further ahead, but it might still be those skely things, Gonna hide and see...."

17. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Log entry - 8]
    [Date 31-05-2473-18:30]

Took almost the whole day to get to the wreck, but I finally made it. My batteries are super low I had to sneak around a lot keeping to the shadows. That stupid one-eyed Dino kept giving me trouble. If it was just it I might be able to deal with it but he likes bring friends along. He never got near enough to hit him with the drill, just enough to make him a threat. Guess they're not a dumb as they look.

Supplies are still pretty good, I have enough food for a little while but if I don't start setting up some system to make more I'll be in trouble soon. I have the tools to make the setup but with my Dino friend I need to find a safe place to work I'll also go faster if I can salvage the supplies over trying to hunt down and mine them.

The suit is still in working order, but I've been living in it since the crash and it's starting to smell in here. The computer tells me the suits servos are fine but I can feel them getting weaker. I'm going to need to build a new way to get around or find new servos for my suit.

After getting to the wreck, I spotted a group of grave markers and one set of foot prints. I guess that means I might not be alone here. I found the cryo pods and figured the one that wasn't a bloody mess was the survivor. It almost took the last of my battery power to fire up the computer to try and find the persons ID. But in the end all I got was the release date 2*-5-2473 the rest of the data was corrupted.

I explored the ship a little more trying to find a nice hiding spot nothing of real note but lots of stuff I cam melt down to start building with, but I don't have the charge left right now so it'll have to wait till the next day when I can setup the panels in a better spot. For now I'm going to get some shut eye in my med room. Only one door in to it and I can block the door with stuff to buy me time if something does try to get in. Should be safe, I hope at least.

18. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 31-05-2473-18:47]
    Log-10

"Well it was those Skelys but they moved on through quickly, basically ignored the pod and me thank god, not surprising though as just as they got across the clearing there a herd of 4 Dino things came through after them, I guess they upset the herd when they attacked before but I wouldn't have expected the Dinos to be still in pursuit after this long, I guess they have a BIG feeding range being herbivores and maybe they are a bit more intelligent than I first though and have learnt that those skelys will keep attacking if they aren't driven away."
    "My suit also got notified from the cryopod back at the Helios that its fully charged now again, the sensors showed access to the computer too so someone intelligent must be back there, hopefully its someone from the DSC that this escape pod was calling for"
    "Unfortunately I had to fully disable the computer on the pod or I could send a message through it back to the Helios somehow, the pod was malfunctioning and administering sedative instead of wakeup stim so I yanked the control boards, The guy inside is still sedated and I couldn't get the door open, I did manage to burn a whole through the glass with my drill though and administer an AA injection, hopefully it helped, without the computer link I dunno what his vitals are but his suit seems intact and functional so all I can do is hope he is alright."

[END]

[Date 01-06-2473-04:49]
    Log-11

"I decided last night that the best course of action is to return to the Helios crash site and see if I can find anything there to crack this pod open, also to see who this mystery person is if they stick around that is, they didn't leave last night so I doubt they are from DSC since if it was a rescue ship or something they would have continued the search after finding noone there. I can only assume they're from that other crash site I found along the way to here. I hope they are friendly!. I made a sled kind of thing out of some of the smashed trees and vines that litter the pods crashsite so I can drag it back with me, its got solar panels on it and I ripped some of the computer core out for wire and rigged a cable between the solar panels and my suit, hopefully the added panels will give me some extra reacharge to the batteries, gonna need it to drag this pod all the way back Its gonna drain my suit badly dragging such a heavy load 15K. I plan to set out shortly when the sun comes up and if I walk in the sunlight all day I recon I should make it before sunset, walking in the sun all day is gonna be a killer to my water rations too but I gotta try."

[END]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  19. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

[Date 01-06-2473-05:30]
    [Log Entry – 9]

The night was rough I didn't get much sleep there was something else in the ship last night. It didn't sound human or like one of the Dino's. What ever it was was gone by time daylight started to roll around. Staying here is no longer an options.

I manage to pull the flight logs and the ship ID from the medical room computer. Seems the Helios had a Nav' error like my ship, but that's about all I could figure out. I still don't have a clue as to why. I'll think on it more later, after I get myself off this planet. But on the up side it's a DSC ship ID, so I might not have to worry about getting shot in the back of the head.

Well with the flight data from the Helios and the flight data from my ships crash. I was able to use my suits computer to project a possible location for usable parts. If I can find the engine section of this ship I'll have a way off of this rock even if it's not working I should be able to make something that will.

[Date 01-06-2473-06:45]
    [Log Entry – 10]

I cleared the door and on the other side of the door was claw marks. What ever made them isn't around right now and I don't plan on staying to find out what did make them. I grabbed what ever I though I could use, there wasn't much. I did spot the captains room, but with I couldn't risk wasting time to brake the lock and get the door open. I don't want to stay here long enough for the creatures to come back.

I head off West of the wreck, according to the computer I should be able to find more parts in that direction. I'm hoping along the way I find a better place to setup a base. Back on the road again.

20. JayCo

JayCo Commander

[Date 01-06-2473-06:51]
    Log-12

"Just got another comm from the Cryopod back at the Helios, looks like whoever stayed there over night is heading out somewhere, I climbed a tree a took in the view to get my bearings and I could actually just make them out on the highest zoom of my helmet cam, Looks like they walked around a bit searching around and then took off towards whats left of the starboard engine pod section, Maybe they figure on using the engine to get off this rock, Good plan. So now I am gonna head that way aswell, but first I need to get to the Helios and see if I can find something to open this pod."
    "The guy in the escape pod here is still unconscious, I just checked and their suit was getting low on power, breaking the computer stopped the recharge of their suit so I spliced in a second cable from the pods solar panels, its stabilised now and charging their suit, I am at 57%power, I recon I should be okay until the sun goes down, I will stop at the Helios for a half hour break then I can stop and recharge as sleeping beauty's suit should be charged up enough by then and my suit should be getting most of the extra charge from the pods solar panels.... Lets hope our new friend will actually be friendly."

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015