Fixed Ask for materials but it is never enough to finish the repair

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by cmguardia, Aug 4, 2019.

1. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

Mode: Survival.
    Mode: Singleplayer.
    SERVER NAME: no.
    SEED-ID: playfield 53122.
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes (only modify config for solar panels).
    Reproducibility: Yes.
    Severity: Medium.
    Type: Repair bay
    Summary: Repair bay consumes more material than requested.Ask for materials but it is never enough to finish the repair.
    Description:
    Start ordering materials in X quantity. Start the repair, use all the materials and reorder one more unit leaving 99% repair. You will continue to order material in a unit while using all the ingots that are introduced and maintaining the repair at 99%.
    Steps to Reproduce: The ship was hit by drones and taken to the repair bay. I don't know if it's reproducible.
    Same case with a CV and I only use 1 more ingot although I didn't ask for it (iron 1/0 -> repair -> iron 0/0 no image for this case).

JuegoNuevo_12_2019-08-04_01-29-22.png
    JuegoNuevo_12_2019-08-04_01-30-04.png

2. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

It seems that the repair bay sees 99% and that 1% is missing. But the SV says 100%. Then the bay continues to repair the ship without updating that last 1% and continues to consume material.
    Entering the SV that is anchored to the bay and checking its console (P) to exit and enter the console of the repair bay will now mark 100% indicating that no repairs are necessary.

3. Bar0th

Bar0th Lieutenant

I've had the same issue once (on build 2545) on my dedicated server, which I decided to just toss in a bunch of materials and let it run.. 5 minutes later it was still trying to repair that 1% and was still eating up materials. I tried reconnecting to the dedicated server (in case it was client side), no luck. I then re-placed the console, which didn't help either. I removed both the console and repair bay, then re-placed them and it was fixed. I'm running the standard playfields.

In case it matters, I was using the CV T2 repair bay. It hasn't happened again since, but if it does I will try to get a save that has the issue (if it gets stored in the save, since I didn't restart the server to fix it - easier to try in-game things before doing an unscheduled restart).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    @cmguardia Hi how is what you reported now in the latest release B2654 ?

5. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

I will review the game tomorrow night and pass a report of what happens. I think I remembered that there were no problems, but I don't know what update I had.

Voy a revisar el juego mañana por la noche y paso un informe de lo que suceda. Creo recordar que no hubo problemas, pero no se que actualización tenía.

6. cmguardia

cmguardia Captain

Hello! @Pantera.
    Ready. Revised for version 2654 and all normal!
    It works very well!

Pantera likes this.