Australian Dedicated Server.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by piddlefoot, Nov 21, 2015.

1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Hi people,

I have started a constant universe dedicated server where we will be attempting to keep the same map for as long as possible.

This server will be password protected though it isn't at the moment.
    We will be keeping a private blacklist for people caught griefing others.
    You MUST film the offender if you expect us to ban them for anything, fraps is good.
    Video evidence is the only I will accept.
    We have 3 admins myself [piddlefoot game name] and stevenwesleysmith, if any of them catch you doing the wrong thing you can be permanently removed from the server at there discression.

I will require those who want to join the server to friend me [piddlefoot ] on steam and just ask through steam chat for the password when it is applied to the server.

Server spec is AMD 9590 8 core @ 4.7 ghtz, 16g system RAM, SSD drives, ASUS Sabertooth mobo, theres a video card too but it don't matter for dedicated.

Server set up

Seed.....230115 [random gen ]
    Ports.....16
    Password ...........yes.........Ask via steam chat..piddlefoot.
    Server Name........piddlefoot PvE Akua and Omicron Orbit
    Telstra Unlimited connection @ 1.4meg. [adsl]
    CAT 5 cable connection to server PC from modem.

This is a PvE Enviroment, war and battle must be organised/agreed to by both players.

The server is for people who like to focus on environment survival and building large structures.

A suggestion from a player we are going to try.

It has been suggested that we should make Ningues and Aestus open season with no rules.
    So the idea would be you still have to level up on Akua or Omicron [if it becomes a starter planet again ] before you can do warfare.
    But there will be no rules on the Ice planet Ningues, and the lava planet Aestus so you are open to griefers, thieves and general bad mofos, but they will have to level up to get to those planets so that should ensure that everyone has at least got decent weapons to defend themselves with.

So if you visit those planets to get ore, be aware there could be someone around planning to blow up your transport and kill you and steal your stuff......

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. eaglegundam

eaglegundam Lieutenant

i have set a frends request on steam

3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Accepted.

4. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Hi people,
    We will be wiping the server when the server control update comes in, in the not to distant future.
    If you have stuff on the map you want imported to the new map you can put a copy of the blueprint in here and I will just put it into the map randomly or you can catch me in-game BEFORE the new update comes and take me to your base and I will take a blueprint of it .
    We can organize a location for it to be placed then too if you are in-game at the time.
    Requires a server re-start is all.

5. Flermpick

Flermpick Lieutenant

request sent

6. Moedeb

Moedeb Ensign

Hi, have sent you a friend request

7. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Accepted.

8. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

We are currently testing Skybox effects, fog and other YAML. details, we have our skies set to different colours, fog is removed for people with rendering issues, makes flying smoother basically, also Omicron is set to MAX difficulty , sun lense flares are set to Purple, the sky box is different for all planets except moon.

Omicron orbit is untouched.

The map has not been started fresh because you an edit Yaml. files and just re-start server so its the same map.