Fixed Automing device (T2 and T3) doesn't requiere a auto miner core.

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by kp13, Apr 24, 2020.

1. kp13

kp13 Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Crafting

Summary: Automing device (T2 and T3) doesn't requiere a auto miner core.

Description: "Removed Devices from other device's recipes and substituted with their components instead. " T2/T3 auto miner not included auto miner core in imput items.

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Should be re-added in one of the next updates.

Question: were you able to upgrade T1>2>3 without issues anyways?

3. Luzillus

Luzillus Commander

Hm, if i remember true, T2 and T3 need no MinerCore. If you Produce the T1, you need them. For T2, you need a T1 Miner and for T3 you need a T2 Miner. Or i am wrong?

Germanicus likes this.
  4. kp13

kp13 Ensign

I can't upgrade autominers with multitool. Message: "Upgrade: No upgrade exists or must be unlocked in Tech Tree first". The thech tree is unlocked. I can craft autominer T2 and T3 with constructor.

5. jbrown

jbrown Commander

The auto miner core is only for T1 auto miners . To make a T2 you MUST have a T1 in the constructor's resources, so, technically you have a core, since it's in the T1. To make T3, you must have a T2 in the resources. You don't upgrade these with the multi-tool . You make them with the constructor. The build/upgrade path is similar to building the advanced constructor, in that it requires the previous device to have also been constructed and uses it in the recipe. Similar too with the CPU extenders.

6. kp13

kp13 Ensign

Alpha 11.5 : it's like you say.
    Alpha 12 experimental: you don't need the previous tir.

Germanicus likes this.
  7. jbrown

jbrown Commander

Oh, wow. I hadn't gotten around, yet, to auto miners in my solo game (been mostly building in creative ships to meet the new space gameplay challenges). In fact, I've raided six Zirax bases so far, (all level 1 only thus far) and found no auto miner cores. All loot is "less" than in 11, but not in a bad way, I suppose. Just, in a normal 11 game, I'd have 5-8 cores by now. So not tried to make one. I just tested,and you are totally right. I can make a T3 WITHOUT having a T2 or T1 or auto miner core.

I suspect this is a mistake, since the whole point of the auto miner cores was to push you to raiding to obtain them. I apologize though, for "correcting" your post when I had not checked myself. You are totally right. I'd classify that as a bug, since it makes no sense to require a hard to obtain item for the lowest tier, but allow you to bypass it entirely for higher tiers. Perhaps the ability to upgrade with the multi-tool is new? I never tried that in 11, so can't swear to it. If it is, perhaps that is why this happened? If using the multi-tool, naturally you have the previous device as a target. But that may create essentially two build paths. One with multi-tool, one with constructor. Dunno.

8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    thx. This is possibly the underlying issue (but yes, we also removed the Upgrade-needs-lower-tier-device as well)

9. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: (N/A - singleplayer)
    SEED-ID:
    global: 267320, playfield: 278581

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No (everything vanilla)

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Crafting
    Summary: T2/T3 autominers do not need autominer core

Description: With the changes to crafting that lower tier items are no longer required, the T2 autominer no longer requires the T1 autominer. However, when the list of materials were copied over, the autominer core was left off. You can craft the T2 version without it. It looks like the same error was made on the T3 version as well.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. unlock T2 (and T3) autominers
    2. setup a constructor with lots of materials to craft - enough to make all the other (non-autominer core) components of an autominer
    3. make sure there are NO autominer cores in input
    4. notice that T1 autominers cannot be crafted, because they require the core
    5. notice that T2 and T3 autominers CAN be crafted
    6. put an autominer core in the input box
    7. craft a T2 (or T3) autominer
    8. when the crafting is complete, notice the core is still in the input box
    9. craft a T1 autominer
    10. when the crafting is complete, notice the core has been used to make the T1 varient

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: ( Note: for more complex reproduction usecases that require quite some "setup", please create a savegame and upload it to a service.

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Jep, checked and fixed that already for the next update. ;)

Pach likes this.
  11. SamuelPatre

SamuelPatre Lieutenant

The Autominer construction has been fixed to require Autominer Cores for T2 and T3, but the upgrade of existing Autominers is still broken.
    Is this going to be fixed in the next patch / Phase IV?

12. Warmonk

Warmonk Ensign

Yeah, could we please get this marked not fixed? It's frustrating not being able to upgrade.

Pach likes this.
  13. Gary NZ

Gary NZ Ensign

Build 12.6.2.2938. Autominer T1 can still not be updated. But, however can create a T3 miner straight from an unimproved base core.

14. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    I just upgraded the T1 to T2 (also from T2 to T3) with no issue

7335 - Plant test_2020-06-15_10-11-36.png 7335 - Plant test_2020-06-15_10-11-42.png