Awesome designs You May Have Missed!

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Morrigan, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Morrigan

Morrigan Lieutenant

The Empyrion community continues to be avidly active, creative, and in general just awesome. But with the tidal wave of new content coming out, especially creative and innovative designs sometimes get missed. As such, I'm thinking of starting a weekly update of Awesome designs you may have missed.
    This post will be my first entry, and the Hangar Bay seemed like the appropriate board for a thread like this. If this thread gets a good reception, I'll continue the practice, otherwise, if nobody likes it, I'll just let it fade away... fade away... fade awaaaayyy...

AHEM!

So, for my first entry into Awesome Designs you may have missed, I present: Mobile Post Goliath, by Steam user 22SAS-Wimp!
    [​IMG]
    This design is a mobile base, complete with watchtower, high set turrets, and infantry fighting positions. As utility goes, it's a very useful HV. It's fairly large; a necessary concession to what it provides. However, it isn't the mere utility of the design that boggled my mind.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The mobile base has 8 bunk beds, a bathroom, a shower, a computer with glowing keyboard, and a food prep station, all inside an HV, made decoratively because the actual decorative blocks that provide these can't be placed in a CV. Ammunition and O2 have clear and well decorated feed systems, ladders lead up bunks and up the wall to the watch tower, the entire design has a genuine military feel to it with its aesthetics both in block choices and texture/color selections.
    [​IMG]
    The descriptor of the design has deployable walls, and the block and texture choices paint a vivid image for the mechanically inclined as to HOW the walls deploy outward from the vehicle, and likely how they would be stowed when the vehicle is in transit. The only disappointment in this build I've found is that the game engine will not enable all the features the design should have... but good LORD did this person make a hell of an effort. This design has impressed me with its creativity and the dedication that went into it. Hopefully, it will impress all of you, too.

22SAS-Wimp, you have created an incredible build, and it's on my favorites list.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    MathiasAdemar and rainyday like this.