PLZ Retest and Re-Report BA not using fuel offline

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by rebuilthk47, Jul 21, 2020.

1. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated

SERVER NAME: Personal server
    SEED-ID:

Version: 12.2.3

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Player bases

Summary: BA not using fuel offline.

Description: Player spawned bases sitting idle with all items turned on do not use fuel when all players are offline. Not sure when this started. Cleared cache, verified files. Logged off with "Power Left 2:43". Logged in two days later and Control Panel said "Power Left 329,493:54".

Steps to Reproduce: Verified files, cleared cache. If save is used in EAH, power left may read correctly upon first log in. Log out of server, then log back in again. Second log in shows incorrect "Power Left" numbers. Base will only use fuel when logged in.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Save: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RKvlAPia2IQ-mMYJjvK0GYhBnHKMlgfV?usp=sharing

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This might be a bug, but I think it's a good change, or at least it should be an option for server owners to be able to halt fuel usage if no players are on the server. A lot of people run private servers for a small group of friends and having to ensure every ship has 60+ hours of fuel (and burning that much fuel) is a bit tedious if you only play a few hours during the work week.

stanley bourdon and Kassonnade like this.
  3. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

No. It wouldn't be a good change. It's a survival game. You don't play a survival game that has no survival features, especially the important ones. If you're worried about food in all the ships, that's what bases are for. And if you have that many ships, expect to have to take care of them in a survival game. You don't own a car or house/rent apartment and not expect to have to take care of it. If anyone is that strapped for time, then this isn't the game type they should be playing. If they want to that badly, then grab spare PC parts, make a private server, and customize the config. Otherwise, welcome to survival games.

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Pach

Pach Captain

I agree with ravien. This is a really nice feature for casual players, who might play only a few days a week.

Games are supposed to be fun, and played in leisure time. If I have no leisure time, I shouldn't be "forced" to log in repeatedly to grind fuel to run a base or ship when my life gets busy, or be forced to have to "give up" whatever I built just because real life happened.

Life is always more important, and I personally don't like games that require that you log in daily for maintenances.

If I'm online and playing, I expect to have to make sure there's fuel in the tanks while the base/ship runs.

But if I'm offline, I don't have to worry about my game when I have more pressing RL things to worry about. The game will be right there for me to relax when I come back to it.

5. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

Crying out loud. Every time I post about this...

First off, this is a bug report, not a suggestion/opinion thread. I'm reporting something that is not working as intended. They won't change it.

Second, I'll say it again: It's a SURVIVAL game. What part of that don't you get? It comes with the territory of playing on a server. Everything you both just said, describes what you get in SINGLE PLAYER. If you don't have time for a part of a game, you either don't play it at all, or play modes that you can.

Now, can we please stick to what this thread is and not derail/hijack this thread further?

Update/addendum: The BA will use power when players are offline when a constructor, food processor, deconstructor, furnace (only one of those or multiple) is being used to craft items.
    I used the constructor to craft some things the night of 21-7-20 and refilled the fuel tank to full before logging out.
    As of the afternoon of 22-7-20, I got on and the BA reported power having been used showing 2hr 53min power left. I logged off.
    The night of 22-7-20 I got back on 9 hours later and it still reads 2h 53min.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

stanley bourdon, Pach and Kassonnade like this.
  7. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's definitely not right.
    This isn't just a base not using fuel, this is the game giving the base an extra 329491 hours of run time upon login.

It's like the server bounced backwards hundreds of thousands of hours and then credited the base with that much runtime.

There is no doubt about it, something bugged out real bad.

rebuilthk47, Kassonnade and ravien_ff like this.
  8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Germanicus likes this.
  9. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

I didn't attach logs because there were no crashes. I uploaded the save game as the page with the "how to" says. If I misunderstood and they're needed, I will update the link.

And thanks for the reminder of the version. It was A12.2.3. I will update the OP accordingly.

Kassonnade likes this.
  10. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

Oh! I expected a moderator note here about it. Ha. Well then I stand corrected. Hmm, perhaps what seems to be separate issues are caused by the same thing, or at least related enough.

11. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

Updating my situation. I have started a fresh survival game on my server when 12.3 came out. Base used fuel when offline as intended. However at some point this stopped functioning. I did not keep a close eye on it to see exactly when it started. My assumption has been that it happens with any large update that comes (eg: 12.3.1 > 12.3.2). That has been when I notice it. With the fresh start, I do not get the incorrect "power left" number.

12. T-1000

T-1000 Ensign

1 day later after not logging in to official server - plants still not growing and solar capacitors are not charged:

[​IMG]

That is causing problem with online play.

13. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

Noticed that too. Usually starts happening after I start having problems with fuel not being used. Even in Civilian bases, plants won't grow unless I log out where the growing plots are.

14. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

Update: Bases are using fuel when offline again. I logged out with 22 hours left (approximately 1:30AM). 10 hours later I logged back in and it was down to 14 hours of power left. However the plants did not grow. In fact, before I refueled the base, it had ran out of power when I was offline, but plants didn't die. They were fresh sprouts.

So it would seem that plants are still being affected. In case anyone is wondering, I haven't done anything at all recently except spawn a couple new bases. One was after the game already had started using fuel when offline again.

But to reiterate, this is in 12.3.3. The save in this thread is NOT 12.3.3.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020