Fixed Base Collapsing on Lava Planets [4507]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by yhossarian, Apr 11, 2019.

1. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID:global seed 122169. playfield seed 501798 - not sure which is needed

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: has happened 3x on lava planet. spawn base from blueprint, either over lava or land. wait. ... portion of base collapses.
    Severity: Major-ish? i still have my CV to live in, but it's puzzling that this is happening

Type: Player base issue (research base 9.6)

Summary: Base is collapsing on lava planet.

Description: see repoducibility

Steps to Reproduce: see above

link to save folder. it's the whole folder...
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X6Ok71H8RDvLhDc_z90l_MifnBQKg72g?usp=sharing

The active game is "Current Game 9602307"

Here's what's happened:

I actually did spawn the first base over a lava lake. There's a brewery sitting over one, so I thought I could get away with it. I landed my CV on the landing pad, and shortly after parts of the base collapsed.
    Then I spawned one over land, though this one was partially buried. I had just cleared the ground off the CV landing pad and was adding a railing to part of the base, and a similar portion of the base collapsed.
    Finally, I spawned the based a third time, also over land, and made sure all of the usable space was spawned above ground. Landed the CV on the landing pad, and the base was stable. I started to add a railing again, and the same end of the base collapsed.

I went back to a previous arid planet and looked at the base in the structural integrity view and I don't see any glaring weak points.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. When you activate the view Structural Integrity overlay (before the base collapses) are parts of the base red (as in bad structural integrity)?

3. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

No, I checked that. And, it only has this problem so far on the lava planet. I went back to an arid planet where this base is also located, landed my CV on its landing pad, and added the railings with no problem.

4. Your OP only says that you went back to look at the structural integrity on a different planet, and that doesn't mean anything at all. You need to check structural integrity every single time you place a base from blueprint because it could be your placement that causes it to fail.

So you haven't checked the SI overlay on the lava planet before the base fails?
    There are many ways it could fail just based on where you placed the base.
    For example, the first time you spawned it over lava, did you also have supports that went all the way through the lava to touch the ground under it?

Spawning a base too deep into the terrain so that part of the base actually sticks below the bedrock layer will also cause SI issues.

5. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

Yeah, I didnt think about differences in gravity per planet. Support for the building should be fine, and deep enough, it was originally built over water and need to have a pier foundation sunk pretty deeply to support the structure and reach the lake bed.

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Lava lakes on the default lava planet can be up to 30 meters (15 large blocks) deep, depending on seed.

7. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    @yhossarian do you have a blueprint of the base before the SI issue appeared ?

I load into the save & can see the base has already collapsed in some areas I would need to setup before this happens & trigger it to see what happens so I would need a blueprint of the base where there is no SI damage already done.
    There is a fix done for A10 already to address some SI issues which were identified so this may already be fixed in the internal build but I would like to check it.

8. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

I can upload it to the steam workshop, or its called "research base 9.6" in the blueprints folder of the save folder I uploaded to google drive. Maybe this is the problem, the size class is listed as 7 and it's red. Is there a limit to base size class? This a rebuilt version of a base I created on a much earlier version of the game.

google drive > saves > blueprints > 76561197992009563 > research base 9.6

9. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

@Pantera

.epd is in the zip folder from the base in question

Attached Files:

10. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

What should I be looking for after I download and install this?

11. Pantera

• Developer
    I spawned in your base & no SI issue happened when testing it out on different playfield types.
    In A10 there is SI improvements coming. I think the issue here is how the base was spawned in in the current public release if you spawn a BA blueprint right underneath your avatar (take you avatar up high enough with godmode enabled) & spawn it in the SI should be ok but when you spawn a base not directly underneath the avatar sometimes SI issues can appear which is fixed in A10.

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  12. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

Ok, great, thank you for the update!

13. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Fixed in A10 EXP. Please Try it out

ravien_ff likes this.
  14. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

Great to hear, thanks! Looking forward to testing it out.

ravien_ff likes this.
  15. yhossarian

yhossarian Lieutenant

So far no problems, nice job guys!

16. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks for confirming.