Base CPU numbers needed to go up not down

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Boba Brett, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba Brett

Boba Brett Lieutenant

I'm not really understanding the logic behind increasing CPU numbers for everything except bases, which actually went down... They were 'okay' where they were but I think a rise somewhat proportionally to what CVs get makes a ton more sense.

All this talk of specialization... isn't a base supposed to be the one place where you can do everything?

All in all though, I am finding it fun to try to build within the confines of the CPU limits... it's just (at least higher tier) bases need more.

EDIT: I'm not asking for 10 million CPU... just maybe a bump back up at least to where it was before for T1-T3

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. Liang

Liang Captain

The biggest issue with CPU that is being ignored by Eleon which is going to harm the games sales in the end is summed up perfectly by JRandall in his newest video.

Poll shows most will not use CPU, feels pressured into still making designs for it, Workshop already flooded with tiny ships, making them is not fun, feels greatly disappointed in how the game has lot depth. Sad voice is sad. May end up still making vehicles non-CPU complaint to still have some fun.

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Small ships will obviously flood the workshop at this stage. It's a case of supply and demand.
    You use small ships first, then work up to big ones. The big ones take longer and you never start off by building a huge ship. Once everyone has a small ship for every kind of playstyle and situation, you'll see more big ships coming onto the workshop as players move onto them.

Not that any of this has anything to do with the OP and base CPU values.

Frigidman likes this.
  4. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Thanks for defining how we should all play the game...

I build in survival, never use the workshop. I start building a big CV the moment I can put a core down, and add blocks while doing other stuff.

Is this "allowed", Master ?

5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Exactly. Stay on topic people ;)

Speaking towards that topic: Bases dont need thrusters and rcs, so thats a huge gap in cpu there... maybe its why they lowered bases?

I see no reason to be offended or snarky in response to an off topic mention of what the 'general public' does (not everyone dives straight into Creative mode and builds massive things).

Vermillion likes this.
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

That is your problem, not mine.

Raswayare and stanley bourdon like this.
  7. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I don't care.
    Liang's concern was about the workshop filling with small earlygame ships and the OPs was about bases having lower CPU than CVs.
    And you? You came in here to whine about how you're so amazing that you don't use the workshop and build CVs from scratch in survival. At no point in this entire thread is there an aspect that concerns you or your playstle.

It's been so nice with you gone for the last week. But good things never last...

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

Your " I don't care so here is my reply" is perfectly ignoring what I wrote, and in-line with what I think you are doing here.

Why don't you write the player's manual ?

For all the players who do have a life outside this game and its forums, your suggestions and opinions show you don't care much about other's playstyles. That makes you a very bad advisor regarding features, and a complete fanboy.

While I would gladly avoid you, I can't, because you persist in hammering your view of how the game should be played on everyone.

I could also write this: you seem happy now with CPU because it requires more time to make simple things, and since we don't live in Empyrion like you, you will have a good chance of being the sole author of content at some point. I still remember other "contributors" who left the game and seeing you here trying hard to be "helpful" despites a feature almost unanimously decried by the playerbase by showing us noobs "how to play" is nothing but despicable.

I did not buy Empyrion to get "taught" how to play by a volunteer contributor happily applauding bad features just for the sake of licking boots. I did not buy Empyrion to see its content made mostly by zealous players. I wish Empyrion had "procedural POIs" and creatures, so the Galaxy will not be full of the same things copy-pasted, and incidentally to get rid of your particular circus. If I want "custom content" I will make it myself, or choose it myself.

Sorry if you're not "my superstar"... lol...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  9. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I adapted to the new system. You didn't. Instead you attack anyone anyone, not just me, that supports CPU.

This is the developer's game, not yours and they're not going to remove a feature because half the playerbase either doesn't like it or won't adapt to it. It'll take time and more development work to get it balanced, but the CPU system will be accepted.
    The fact is that I am being helpful in trying to get players to adapt to the CPU system, because I adapted and know where the problems lie in playing with it. If you don't want to use the CPU system, that's fine by me. That's your choice, you play that way and enjoy your time without CPU. That was always an option and I accept your choice.
    Because that's your choice to play the game that way and you can continue to play that way and post about how much fun you're having. But if you don't use the CPU system and provide negative feedback on a feature you don't even try to use, attack others who do use the system or don't like, or worse: decry it to others based on your feelings and your experience you are nothing more than a blight on the game, the forum and the community.

You claim i'm "hammering" my view of how the game should be played? No, i'm instructing CPU users how to use the CPU system. If you're making a post about CPU, you are implicitly a CPU-user.
    Can you find anywhere where i've said that players must use the CPU system? Where i've told anyone that they need to play with CPU? That choosing to play without CPU is wrong? Go through my post history if you want. You'll find absolutely nothing. Because I never ever tell anyone how they must play the game.

So of you or any of your contemporaries feel the need to attack me for helping people who have chosen to use the CPU system, or worse still telling those people not to use it: You are the ones guilty of the crime.

SifVerT likes this.
  10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

You can waste all the time in your life telling players to adapt to an ever-changing game, it's still you telling players how to play the game your way. Here someone says "base CPU should go up" and gives his opinion, you counter it with your perception.

The only thing I read in all your interventions is that whatever change is done, you will accept it, trying to position yourself on your perceived "good side" , the "guy who can adapt vs the noobs", contradicting the root of Eleon's pretense that "they listen to players". And you defend that.

What more needs to be said ?

Another "flaw" in your pretenses : if "CPU is here to stay" but a majority of players disable it, who are you to say that "players need to adapt" ?

Are you "adapting" to player's will to get things differently than your own view of the game ? You're not even relevant to the OP and admit it, so why in the first place did you chime in with your "Players start with small ships, then go to bigger ones" BS ?

11. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Did you even read the thread? No. You saw that I made a post and went after that.
    I didn't counter the OP, I didn't even respond to the OP. I responded to Liang. In fact, my first post clearly said that both my and Liang's post were off-topic.
    To placate the growing number of small ships and decreasing number of large ships during these early days of CPU. To assure him and others, that big ships will return when the earlygame niche of small ships has been filled. In the same way that an empty game's workshop will always fill with the earliest-needed builds, then the big builds come later.
    At no point in that post did I say anything that would facilitate this coming argument, that could possibly be considered offensive. @Frigidman (a bystander) in this case even told you so.
    No, you came into this thread, ignored the content just to unleash a tirade of personal attacks on me.
    As you say, i'm a volunteer contributor, I give up MY time to make POIs and Prefabs for others to enjoy the game. I do it for free and despite what you may think, I have absolutely nothing submitted on the workshop, except for the MS Titan that's only there because Hummel asked me to put it there. I'm no workshop superstar, I don't put my stuff out there for upvotes and likes. I do it to help others, to improve their game. Not an opinion or feedback on the forum; Actual, real contributions to your and everyone else's game.
    And here you are, attacking me not only for my assistance and opinions but for my unpaid contributions.

Anyone that reads this thread start to finish will clearly see that you are in the wrong from your first post and the only reason you came here was to attack a poster, not a post. So my suggestion for you is this:
    Use the Ignore Function on your personal settings so you never see another one of my posts ever again and get on with your life. Be an ass to someone else until you run out of people.

12. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

And if you read then surely you saw I don't care about the workshop, and never mentioned anything regarding the fact you might have posted there or intended to, because I couldn't care less.

As to what you wrote :

Small ships will obviously flood the workshop at this stage. It's a case of supply and demand.
    You use small ships first, then work up to big ones. The big ones take longer and you never start off by building a huge ship. Once everyone has a small ship for every kind of playstyle and situation, you'll see more big ships coming onto the workshop as players move onto them.

Not that any of this has anything to do with the OP and base CPU values.

Now if that's not telling others how to play, I wonder what is. Irrelevant, as Liang refers to a poll where players expressed feeling "pressed to build small", to what you responded that it was "normal to have small ships in the workshop". Haaa...

I understand now that you are giving another meaning to your post : you are giving instructions on how to fill the workshop. Cool. Good to know the rules. Maybe you could clarify the usage of the word "use" in your sentence "You use small ships first" ? "You" is for "builders" or "players" ? "Builders" will "use" small ships first ? Or "Players" ? And what about the last sentence of that paragraph ? You clearly "presume" what players will do, don't you ? Not "builders" : players.

As for your generosity, I already addressed that : I did not buy Empyrion to see its content made by players, and I really don't enjoy the perspective of having a Galaxy full of copy-pasted content I already saw in details on the forums.

Now you tell me that you're helping someone here in the present thread ? In what aspect ?

Edit : just in case this eluded your comprehension : if "building" is such a fun and big part of Empyrion, and it gets wrecked by CPU, going exactly the opposite of "more and bigger", I can hardly see anyone defending this without any reason, and posts abound as to the lack of reasons behind the CPU circus now. But you, in your great generosity, you will "build" for us, right ? So kind of you...

Hard not to laugh.

Edit : I throw you back your suggestion : why don't YOU ingore me, so I can quote you without having to deal with your fake sympathy for "noobs" that don't want to "adapt"...

13. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.