"Base nearby" restriction

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Precision94, Feb 16, 2020.

?

Has the change to this mechanic annoyed you?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Precision94

Precision94 Ensign

Am i the only one who thinks the change with 3.0 broke the base nearby mechanic?
    Trekking around a moon to mine a resource, but we cant mine any deposits we find because "base nearby".
    After searching around, we found an NPC poi a little way off, but even after destroying its core we can't mine. The fact that i also can't slap a temporary core on my SV that has had the core shot out is very frustrating. I just want to rescue the ship and take it back for repairs, but no, because "base nearby".
    Please find a way to remedy this, maybe make the base zone area waaay smaller or something, right now this is making this game not fun and rather frustrating.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The sentence "Base Nearby" also comes up when the Deposit is close or within the now invisible green Border - now marked as a yellow from one pole to the other running stripe.

3. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Yeah, the game has been doing this for years. Why can't they just "say what you mean." It has nothing to do with a base at all, yet that is message the game will pump out. Is saying "You are too close to the border" some kind of mortal sin? Do the developers think they will all be doomed for writing a seven word text warning?

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I believe this is due to the anti-grief settings of the server. You'd have to ask the server owner to lower the anti-grief distances.

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@ravien_ff
    @xerxes86 has his point. You get also this "false" message for "...having no Ammo" in your Ammo-Box while there is plenty of it, just because the LOS is Blocked for the Turret in Question at a certain time.

ravien_ff likes this.