Filed / Tracking Base Power/Fuel Statistics questionable [7836 - 00634]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by japp_02, Feb 21, 2021.

1. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

No matter how many generators I put in a base, the 'Current Output' is always higher than the 'Maximum Output'. This cannot be true, at some point by adding generators the current output should become way smaller than the maximum one.
    I have upgraded a T1 base into T2 by adding a T2 extender, I removed the 2 small generators and installed 2 large ones. I've added 3 medic stations and 1 armor locker as for now. My CPU is 88525 out of 200000 which is plenty. No matter what combination of higer than 2 small generators I install, the above discrepancy occurs which is erroneous.

As a result, I cannot reliably tell when my base is over- or underpowered with its generators.

My Power/Fuel statistics currently show this:

Fuel-based energy
    Generators: 2
    Max Output: 50,0 kPU
    Current Output: 52,5 kPU
    Consumption: 161 PU
    Fuel Tanks: 2
    Fuel: 658 / 2400
    Solar:
    Current Output: 0,0

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  2. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Let me guess - you have solar capacitor too?

3. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Your generators gain a small efficiency bonus from being under CPU, similar to how they lose efficiency when you are over CPU. Hence your current output is higher than the "max" output. If you are concerned about going over, make sure that your usage never exceeds your "max" output and then you won't have to worry about it when you get closer to your current CPU cap.

Germanicus and Kassonnade like this.
  4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Thank you for your replies. I have a solar capacitator I think, but it's switched off with no solar panels.
    Efficiency Bonus, aha, I must remember this.