Block/part rotation properties (to mod)

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by MindDrive, May 5, 2019.

1. MindDrive

MindDrive Ensign

Hello all,

I was wondering where the location that controls the rotational aspect of blocks/parts is located and how I would be able to modify its properties.

Specifically, I am looking for the property that would allow the full directional rotation of hover engines/thrusters that would allow them to be placed vertically as well as horizontally.

There is a person that is building a hover train *(Jamie McDonald on the facebook). I think a great solution to his build would be the availability of lateral hovers that would assist in keeping the cars on the track.

Plus, having hovers that could be placed at all angles would open builds to do something like the Nebuchadnezzar from the Matrix.

2. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

3. MindDrive

MindDrive Ensign

It may not be in the "config" file, but the ability to adjust rotation is within every placeable block/items property somewhere (the reason you can rotate certain items on all 3 axis vs some only 2)

4. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Sure, but it's something only the devs have access to at present; they've not made that something players can change.

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can probably use the creative mode selection tool to copy and paste hover engines into different orientations, but they may not function as expected and you'd have to use console commands to cheat your HV into a survival game.

6. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Ah, that's probably true; I stand corrected.