PLZ Retest and Re-Report Blocks somehow off-center

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by MikeCobalt44, May 28, 2021.

1. MikeCobalt44

MikeCobalt44 Ensign

Hey everybody, Eleon :) Anybody know how these happened? I do know there was an error msg during that session; it's just really unthinkable of any blocks *Not lining up.

Attached Files:

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This looks like one set of blocks is attached to a different structure.

Germanicus likes this.
  3. MikeCobalt44

MikeCobalt44 Ensign

Hmm? Both pictures are the 2 views of the same ship. The railing I created today (For that ship) do not match the existing hull somehow.
    It's Fixed now. I deleted the ships block to the far left (For which all the railing were based on) logged out then back in and the second time now everything is lined up perfectly. That was really weird though, I never expected that would happen.

Attached Files:

Germanicus likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

That is really weird.

Can you do something just to double check, if you can?
    Use the di command, and then look directly at the blocks that weren't lining up before and take a screenshot, and then do the same for the blocks that were lined up correctly. This will show the structure ID and make sure they really are, for sure, the same structure. You can look at any block actually and see if any have a different ID.

The reason I ask is because this would be the strangest bug I've ever seen in Empyrion. :D

5. MikeCobalt44

MikeCobalt44 Ensign

Sure, first off those "Off-Center Blocks" I deleted and that was a few Log Ins before by now. I did do the process on the structure (Hull) in the first pic here and then on the replacement that is lined up correctly. These are maybe useless as everything seems ok now though.

Attached Files: