Boldly introducing the -=Sephrajin Carrier=- (RED & Orange)

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by Sephrajin, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Hello everyone

After I tried to keep my CV's reasonable sized, as in size class 4-10, I figured its hard for me to build impressive in this size.
    Furthermore, many on the server I play on, spawned hughe ships, as in 20-60, and still kept complaining about the hangars beeing too small... and getting lost.

Now I'm presenting you 'how' I made this one

So I knew what I wanted, but not yet - how...
    So i started looking in the workshop for inspiration - and just that - inspiration.

I found some nice ships.
    For the hull, i like the Xen'Uan Carrier the most, you see similarities, but its not the same
    For the hull decoration, i liked the approach the SEV-Celestial has, its around - top bottom.. mines left right
    For the hangar, i liked the 021-Typhon the most, I liked the 'levels', I tried to make my own ones.
    For the farm, i liked the TDN Glacier Star the most, but since the part i liked was the 'lowering it'... that is pretty much the same.. but not the pipes above it.

So then I started drawing for a few days alongside regular gameplay, so it wasnt too much detail drawn...
    Some of the people in the TS wanted to have a look on the 'drawings', so here they are:
    20180328_090755.jpg 20180328_090806.jpg 20180328_090822.jpg 20180328_090841.jpg

Knowing my build style.. getting the draft/hull/shape done -> with all the thrusters in mind, then letting my mind get a feeling for the actual structure that is now in front of me, then start doing the rooms as such, before doing the decorations in an even later 'parsing'.
    And finaly, doing the last adjustments in the actual online gameplay.

But one can be surprised by the size a ship reaches.

The hull was done pretty quickly, as I could rely (count blocks) on the drawings...
    20180304014106_1.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Until finaly it got to the final textures and colors tryouts:
    [​IMG]

The best 'selling' (i love this view!) part of this ship, is its hughe hangar:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And i'm happy with how the production turned out too:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is not ment to use this ship for ore farming, it has the harvest boxes only to store the 'over-stock' of ores collected from autominers.
    I wanted to have the ultimate mobile home base.
    As a such, I tweaked it a 'bit', so this CV (red forum version) contains ATMs, Furnaces and Solar Panels.
    The tuned down steam version to not have these anymore, but still has an orange value of weapons, which to my 'feeling' such a hughe ship requires.
    Just so you know, I already removed like 100 weapons again :p

This said, see the attachment for the red edition (as i play it online), or visit the steam workshop for the orange version.

Steam:: -=Sephrajin Carrier=-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018