boss arena idea for endgame

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by The Tactician[ Λ ], Oct 18, 2017.

1. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

hey guys id like to share my idea to buff pve endgame, here is my full concept;

the replacement of the alien outpost to something harder!

https://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Alien_Outpost

as it stands 1 CV and 1 SV can take down this endgame "boss" if you will as seen here

forgive our language

as you can see i love all the fire it throws at you so its very hard to deal with it, but what if it was more difficult?

i present to you my idea:

instead of the station we have a CV boss armed to the teeth my first CV to test this idea out will me this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1160094605 it will continuously spawn up to 5-10 heavy drones till the ships core is popped! tho the weapons will all be alien like the alien outpost, still very hard to take on since it will be aggressive and wont run like freighters it will charge you if that feature is in the game.

for killing it grand prize is its hull to dismatal and 3 asteroids, 1 pantaxid and 2 sathium that the boss was guarding.

comments? questions?

2. Malekh

Malekh Captain

I don't have a problem with bosses, but aside from the combat 'fun' what's the reward? I'll give you easier pentaxid, that stuff is a pita to gather. But the rest of it? By the time i have a ship capable of doing bosses, i already have the rewards banked up. The combat could be fun though, good pve cv battles are lacking atm. And if it was designed well enough, it might bridge the gap a bit between pve and pvp builds. It's not something that'd i'd do constantly at endgame, but yeah it wouldn't hurt to have this in i think.

3. The Tactician[ Λ ]

as for now not much i can give for rewards since its still a alpha game this itself is testing so

4. Malekh

Malekh Captain

Yeah i appreciate that. But pretend you were a developer - what would you give out to encourage fighting them? Epic loot, weapon kits? That sort of thing. Enough pentaxid alone would be a good reward in my books, though. Anyways, just my random thoughts.

5. The Tactician[ Λ ]

well i can do that easy ill put loot on the ship that will make it worth while