BP Authors

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Shadex Demarr, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Shadex Demarr

Shadex Demarr Lieutenant

Is there a way to know who has created certain in game BPs? I have found certain ones so incredibly phenomenal I would really like the opportunity to tell the authors and thank them for their work.

Thank you.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It lists the original author's name in the bottom left corner of the statistics tab of the control panel.

3. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

It lists the name of the person that put down the core in the bottom left corner. If you re-core a ship the person that does the re-core is now recorded as the author. This could become a major issue if re-coring is the only fix for the problem of flight characteristics introduced with A11.5.

See this thread https://empyriononline.com/threads/sv-turning-greatly-diminished.91683/#post-380537 including @Hummel-o-War implied suggestion that the re-core might be a fix.

4. No, it lists the person that placed down the original starter block. Replacing the core doesn't change that.
    If you are seeing otherwise then it's a bug ,100% guaranteed, and should be reported.

5. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

No, it does not. It is not a BUG in that things are working the way they "should". Before I knew about clearpivot to fix where the marker was I did a new core on a ship my daughter built and after doing this I became the author of the ship. Why you may ask? Because it became a brand new ship on a brand new core, a core I placed down. I have done this twice now. It also explained how a faction mate got authorship of a highly modified casadore.

6. Sorry, but you are incorrect. The creator of the ship can't be changed, and that's intentional. If you are seeing it change then it's 100% a bug. The only way to trick the system is with copy and paste it onto a new starter block you did place (unless you found a bug as you are claiming).

Here's the developers words if you don't believe me. https://empyriononline.com/threads/changing-the-creator-name.91381/#post-376686
    Keep reading the thread.

Here's some screenshots I just not took as well that prove it. SV is the Arrow prefab created by JMCBum.
    First screenshot is before removing the core. Notice the creator name.[​IMG]
    Second screenshot is me about to place my own core after removing the original.
    [​IMG]
    Last screenshot is after placing my own core. Notice the creator again. Also notice the one less core in my hotbar.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2019
    ravien_ff likes this.
  7. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

Yes exactly cut and past onto a new starter block that I placed. That is the fix to the incorrect performance of the blueprints that are from before A11.5. Did you not read the thread I referenced or the words I typed. I do not mean re-core as in pick up a core and put down a new one as that is not what I understand to be the fix, what I understand to be the fix is copypasting to a new starter. Perhaps I do not understand the fix

this is the specific post from the thread where it is reported that re-coring/re-starter blocking, a bp fixes the problem.https://empyriononline.com/threads/sv-turning-greatly-diminished.91683/#post-380461
    but as we both obviously know that gives you a new author for the ship because it has a "new" core, not a "replacement" core

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  8. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Most of them should have their author listed on the stats page, as ravien_ff mentioned. Some of the older ones may not.
    There's a subforum here that lists / showcases the new and updated prefabs for A11+. However, on the off-chance the BPs you're talking about aren't listed, you could post a pic or two here and I could probably tell you who built them (and more than likely, point you to their workshop as well).

9. I did read the words you typed and that's what started all this. Copy and pasting onto a new starter block isn't re-coring at all, and it was specifically you mentioning this below that started it all. The words you typed made it sound like re-coring a ship, not copy and pasting an entire ship on a new starter block. Two totally different things.
    Re-core would be replacing the core, not copying the entire structure onto a new starter block.
    It was this lack of distinction that started all this confusion. Sorry.
    I wasn't trying to start an argument with you at all. Your original statement just was confusing I guess.

By the way that supposed "fix" in the thread you linked doesn't fix anything, at least not in any of the cases of that bug I am experiencing.

10. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

I see a difference between re-coring and replacing a core.

And in my second post "Why you may ask? Because it became a brand new ship on a brand new core, a core I placed down." this is clear to me as a new core is the same as a new starter block. I am sorry it did not read that way to you.

Sorry to hear that, I think. Perhaps it is for the best.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Re-coring means the same thing as removing the core and placing your own core.

What you did was copy and paste the entire ship to a new starter block, which is very different from merely re-coring. Sounds like it's just a communication mishap. :D

krazzykid2006 likes this.
  12. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

So is there a place where this is defined? When I was told about the method as a way to fix the offset marker issue (I have since found out about the clearpivot command) that person called it re-coring.

Is that person with general knowledge incorrect and you guys with general knowledge correct. If so how is someone to tell?

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Well it's just a term, so it can mean different things to different people. It's not like there's an official Empyrion terms dictionary. But in general english, to re-something, is to do said something again.

So re-heating food, means to heat the food again.
    Re-reading means to read the book again.
    Re-coring means to place a core again.

For example, if you said you re-cored an enemy base, that means you destroyed their core and replaced it with your own.

But again, English is very fluid and there's no official terminology for the game mechanics. :D

Kieve likes this.