Fixed Broken terrain around the player start position. [7010]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Jollificator 2, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Seen this before?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jollificator 2

Jollificator 2 Lieutenant

Mode: (Creative)
    Mode: (Single player)
    Reproducibility: (Always)

1) When resuming a Creative game I get a 'white plane' below my build at bedrock level.

WhitePlane.png

I found out that as long as this white plane is there I can’t place/add blocks at surface level (above or below is not a problem). I also found out that I can get rid of this white plane by flying (God Mode) a fair distance away from it and back, which resolves the block problem.

2) Texturing/Coloring blocks that are below ground (buried) is mostly not possible (white plane or not):
    No spray beam, spray beam but without effect, and very rarely (from close range) it kinda works (although often not repeatable).

3) And lastly and possibly related: The ‘Connect’ function in the N-menu doesn’t work (white plane or not). I can select it (even though it says “Connect not available”), but to no avail.

EDIT: Same problem happened in Survival mode: 'white plane' at bedrock and unable to add blocks to build at ground level. This time not reproducible though.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  2. dww0065

dww0065 Ensign

Dear Empyrion,

After copying my save from another computer I am unable to build in the "raised square" that is generated in the area around the save.

Screenshot;

[​IMG]

This raised square has been generated around the entire structure that I saved in...

Thanks.

3. dww0065

dww0065 Ensign

4. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    When I load into your save game nothing like shown in your screenshot happens when I check the area around this location

View attachment 69290

Germanicus likes this.
  5. dww0065

dww0065 Ensign

Thanks, must be a local issue then. But I would appreciate some more people to test this one out. I appreciate the prompt feedback.

Germanicus likes this.
  6. dww0065

dww0065 Ensign

Have reconfirmed bad at my end. This is my local save, (which may be corrupted on load), so use this for testing.

https://gofile.io/?c=m83VV9

Can you confirm this error?

7. dww0065

dww0065 Ensign

[​IMG]
    This has just occurred in the new save, different game, cannot place anything in the area, but can outside the "slightly raised" area

Tried deleting my cache, but this did nothing...

8. It keeps happening to me as well around POI's. Reloading the save usually fixes it for a short time. It always comes back though.

When it happens if you place a constructor or another terrain placeable right on the edge of the outline then it moves and changes shape.

9. Pantera

• Developer
    Is there any pattern to making it always happen or is it randomly appearing ?

10. My usual order of events when I notice it;
    Start a new game, usually always Arid start planet.
    Follow Robinson Protocol - Survival (Arid Planet) quest to the section "LootWreckage".
    Place down portable constructor, emergency water/O2 condenser, and tent right near the edge of the wreckage POI.
    Unload my stuff I've gathered along the way in the portable constructor.
    Dismantle some or all of the upper portions of the POI for steel plates for later, leaving the ground level blocks at least to stand on.
    Somewhere in there I would have used the tent to sleep through the night once or twice depending on how long it took, and picked the tent up afterwards.

At this point I usually go and mine some of the nearby copper and silicon deposits, coming back between them to drop off ore and start processing it.
    It's usually at this point in time that I will notice the strange terrain just like @dww0065 showed in the pictures. There may or may not have been a game reload before this occurs.
    I can't place any new terrain placeables within this new slightly raised terrain, only on or outside the edge of it.
    A game reload at this point sees it go away but it may or may not come back again later.

11. I started a brand new game just now and was able to reproduce it. It was there every single time I reloaded the game, as you can see towards the end of the provided video.
    Unfortunately after exiting back to desktop it's no longer 100% reproducible like in the video. It still happens, just not every time.
    I can still get it to trigger though.

Here's the steps to trigger in the provided save:
    1 Load the save as me and see if it allows you to place the portable heater/cooler in your hotbar near the POI (but don't actually place it yet). It may trigger for you here on the first time or it may not. Move around the POI with it in hand and see if there are any places like in the provided video.
    2. If it didn't trigger in step one for you then go ahead and place the portable heater/cooler back where my character was on the original load.
    3. Pick it back up and switch to an empty slot on hotbar.
    4. Exit to main menu, not desktop, and reload the game again.
    5. Try to place it down again like in step one. Usually by this step it will trigger somewhere. Maybe not where you were originally standing but somewhere close by. Run around with it in hand and wait for the blue outline to disappear.
    6. If it's still not triggering then go back to to the original location, place it down and pick it back up, and reload again.

It always triggers for me eventually doing those steps at this POI now. It may take a couple reloads but it always triggers somewhere.
    I can exit back to desktop and start at step one again and still eventually get it to trigger.

The video covers everything I did to originally get it to reproduce, including starting the new game and all settings. Vanilla config.ecf.
    I don't know if it was triggered by dismantling part of the POI and letting it collapse with SI, or if it just triggered by the terrain placeables.

It first showed up after I collapsed the POI then reloaded the save. I collapsed the POI at about 18:40 and then reloaded at about 19:47 and it started triggering after that.

Attached Files:

12. Pantera

• Developer
    @dww0065 @krazzykid2006 thanks guys I have a way to trigger it now it will be looked at asap.

It also appears to be the same issue as what is reported here:
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/basebuilding-on-planets-not-possible.91552/
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/below-ground-god-mode-building-editing-problems.91326/

when the issue triggers if you look under the terrain you should see a hole & or a chunk anomaly coming up from the bedrock
    View attachment 69329 View attachment 69330

if you place a terrain placeable device close to where this happens it should resolve it temporarily.

13. SoDak

SoDak Ensign

Link for screenshots and savegame included

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

Server Name: N/A
    Seed-ID: Global Seed 574314, Playfield Seed 414806

Reproducibility: Often
    Severity: Major

Type: Terrain Blocking (Ice)

Summary: Terrain (Ice) keeps forming blocking base access

Description: I have a base inside a mountain. Several times now the terrain adds ice which goes through my base blocking equipment inside the base and/or access to the base. You cannot drill it to remove. I've had to go to GM and remove the ice from around the outside of my base (inside the terrain) to get it removed so I have access again. This has happened several times now in Project Eden but I've also had this happen on a standard playfield (I didn't try GM to fix that one).

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown. It's happened while in the game playing and happened when starting the save game.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wa7i5djo91h15pr/AADXGJ1x4CMRj1Q2SDWsxaLfa?dl=0

14. Qoonpooka

Qoonpooka Ensign

Apologies if this is already posted somewhere but all the search terms I could think of either didn't bring it up or were swamped with noise.

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 481247

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unable, but frequent
    Severity: Major, but can be worked around by repeatedly reloading your game.

Type: Terrain

Summary: Upon game load, or moments thereafter, a gigantic, mottled black cube spawns on top of and occluding most of my base.

Description: I have an underground base that I had just begun building. Upon loading my gameworld, I found most of said base occluded by a large black mass which my survival tool (in mining or salvaging mode) identified as "Container" and claimed the whole thing had 50 HP. The tool refused to interact with it, however.

Steps to Reproduce: Unable to reproduce, but error occurs with some degree of frequency.

I'm not sure if this is a function of an undergound base, or starting inside an airtight room in a deactivated base and then opening the door, or what all might be going on.

Video capture of the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TqNm8YIGlRtWrW8HmxrWtTSXYULZ2Gne/view?usp=sharing

15. Qoonpooka

Qoonpooka Ensign

UPDATE: The fix may not be as good as I thought. Upon further play, it seems the "container" object simply becomes larger on reload, not actually gone. You can't see it while you are inside of it.

16. Qoonpooka

Qoonpooka Ensign

Here ya go, before and after: Before.jpg After (Bug).jpg

17. Pantera

• Developer
    Can you attach the save game ?

For SP or Co-op:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games
    1. Right click on the save folder & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it (or use winzip or 7zip)
    2. Drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option on the forum.
    3. If the folder is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link to it

I take it from this in this location from the screenshots if you exit the game then load back in it can "sometimes" happen ?

18. Qoonpooka

Qoonpooka Ensign

Gamefile attached.

Sometimes you have to move around a bit to exhibit the behavior. I gather that frequently what happens is that you spawn in inside the container object and need to travel until you cross its boundary at which point it will appear. I have a recording of it happening, in mp4 if we can figure out how to send that to you. The forums won't accept it for upload because the file is too large.

19. Pantera

• Developer
    On google drive make it public or upload it to YouTube & add a share link or you can try using this site https://streamable.com/ & add a share link to it

When triggering it just now it looks to be the same issue as I linked to if you use godmode when it triggers go under the terrain to see it like shown in the screenshots
    NewGame_1-200508-1257_2020-05-08_18-59-00.png NewGame_1-200508-1257_2020-05-08_18-59-04.png NewGame_1-200508-1257_2020-05-08_18-59-07.png

20. Qoonpooka

Qoonpooka Ensign

Try this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TqNm8YIGlRtWrW8HmxrWtTSXYULZ2Gne/view?usp=sharing

If it is the same issue as the one you linked, it's presenting in different ways, than what those screenshots show. I don't know anything about being able to build in the area, because I'm unable to even enter the area whatsoever. But you got some good screenshots of it, so you probably know better than I.