Bug Reports 8.2.x: Gameplay [READ INTRODUCTION BEFORE REPORTING!]

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    READ FIRST: For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
    1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
      Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
    2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
      Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
      Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!

3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
      There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
      Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!

4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
      The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
    ----

Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) Error

1) When you get a so called 'CoQ' (Continue or Quit) error in SINGLEPLAYER, please do the following
    a) Exit the game (click QUIT or ALT+F4)
    b) go to this folder: C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\
    c) watch for the folder name with the highest number and open it
    d) Find the Client.log which has been changed recently right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it
    e) Open your Email, attach the compressed copy of the log & write what happened BEFORE the CoQ and send to:

[email protected]

The QA team will pick up your issue and decode or ask back more info.

2) IF YOU RAN A COOP SERVER, you
    - need to send in the Client.logs for all players that were affected
    - need to send in the COOP server and COOP-client logs

The COOP Client logs are in the SAME folder on the PC which started the session.

Look for
    a) logs that start with 'Client_AsPf_'
    b) log that starts with 'Dedicated_'

Send in both COOP Client and Server logs to the same Email address

3) IF you are running a DEDICATED SERVER,
    go the the /LOGS folder, zip the whole thing (in case you do not know what are the latest files) + ADD an info on which playfield and WHEN (time stamp) the issue happened...and send it to the same Email address as well.

-----

GLOBAL ADVICE ON REPORTING!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE FOLLOW 'Continue or Quit' instructions as written above

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-----

KNOWN ISSUES
    - Autominers do not deplete Voxel Deposits
    - Center of Mass Visualization doesn't appear until you enter the cockpit of any vessel.
    - O2 used up in a vessel on a breathable atmosphere planet
    - Large Blueprints (max size) are broken in 2 parts or do not spawn completely.
    - Issue with structures using the max distance from the center of a structure
    - Parts of structures morphing/appearing on other structures.
    - AI vessel RespawnDelay Timer not working
    - Drones stop spawning after the drone base regenerates
    - Vessels can get repositioned when placed on a area of terrain that has been dug out
    - When a AI Turret reloads on a vessel the mounted weapons will be forced to reload when in use.
    - Docked vessels Tags shake when flying the vessel they are docked to
    - Going down a steep hill with Player bike can break view (step off the bike should resolve this)
    - Player falling through the world when getting of a motorbike on uneven/mined terrain
    - Drones falling through terrain in MP (> We need a repro case for this still!)
    - Waypoints are not finding the quickest route through polar region
    - Publicly shared map markers appear in the markers list in other playfields.
    - PC working when the active toggle is off (Switch the button 2x will fix this as a workaround)
    - Trying to enter a vessel cockpit at high altitude can kill the player
    - [MP] When a player gets into a passenger seat the mounted weapons of a vessel lose the loaded ammo.
    - Landing a vessel on a repair bay with 'Automatic mode' on the vessel can be repositioned away from the bay.
    - Solar capacitors are not being charged by solar panels when in space.
    - HV's can sink under water when approaching a structure that is loading in

- Sometimes when returning to docked vessels they can be positioned incorrectly above or below where they previously were but still docked.

Should be fixed now, but plz observe:

- NPC's when spawned on the spawner block can get stuck stuck on top of it
    - HV sink in water (SP and MP)
    - Dronebase attacks

=====================================

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Update: July 22, 2018 - Alpha 8.2.3: Build 1787

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: added possible fix for captured POIs vanishing when player returns

Please note that, unfortunately, this will not bring back captured POIs that have already vanished AUTOMATICALLY. There is a way you can retrieve those lost bases in SP and MP: https://empyriononline.com/threads/help-topic-how-to-recover-lost-or-stuck-vessels.38357/

========

Update: July 21, 2018 - Alpha 8.2.2: Build 1786

Changes:
    - Temporarily removed SHIFT-F (Needs to be redone for 8.3 in a proper way so exploits and issues with picking up backpacks are avoided)

========

Update: July 21, 2018 - Alpha 8.2.2: Build 1783

Bug Fixes:
    - DSL: Structures/Vessels use many times more fuel than loaded (SP and MP)
    - AI behaviour exceptions
    - After returning to a CV with docked vessels sometimes the docked vessels are not visible until a relog is done [edge case]
    - CropYield display was not always correct

Changes:
    - Blue AlienPlant07 now drops PlantProtein (to find sth to eat in Forest)

========

Update: July 19, 2018 - Alpha 8.2.2: Build 1780

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed: Exploit - using shift + F could give infinite loot
    - Fixed: NPC / Trader were dropping through the ground when DSL structure is reloaded
    - Fixed: Possible network problem
    - Fixed: Several internal exceptions

========

Update: July 18, 2018 - Alpha 8.2.1: Build 1779

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Resuming A8.1 save game leads to Personal Cargo Boxes become inaccessible in A8.2
    - Fixed: HV tilts and flips when transported from one planet to another with a CV
    - Fixed: Missing info for several blocks stats when hovering over them in Techtree
    - Fixed: Billboard of player growable Berry bush shows up too early

Changes:
    - Reduced XP gain when picking up player grown plants
    - Updated gameoptions_example.yaml with info about instant repair

========

Update: July 17, 2018 - Alpha 8.2.1: Build 1778

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Exception when hovering in TechTree or in Inventory over certain devices
    - Fixed: Exception when connecting as client with B1775 to a server running B1775
    - Possible fix for System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary
    - Fixed: AMD's are placeable in random locations on class 5 planets
    - Fixed: Missing rifle on Security Guard (Deco NPC)

Changes:
    - Added line break after Output Count in block info

EAH Tool Update:
    - Added: Discord: Ignore chat starting with certain characters
    - Fixed: Gameoptions Max Structures limited to 255
    - Fixed: Server Stop/Restart doing another SaveAndExit 4 after 4 minutes
    - Fixed: Another discord parse exception

========

Update: July 17, 2018 - Build 1777

Changes:
    - Reactivated DSL again
    - Added: Emergency O2 bottles to Survival Constructor (require 1 purified water)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that vessels sometimes disappeared when loading into a playfield on dedicated servers
    - Fixed: Problems with DSL (actually not a DSL problem but root cause was exception spam on pf server)
    - Fixed: AI drone detection not working in some circumstances
    - Fixed: Black side textures that sometimes occurred on snow planet (and others)
    - Fixed: Multiple Request_Player_AddItem remove former given items in quick access

========

Update: July 17, 2018 - Build 1776 (Server only update)

- Temporarily deactivated DSL on servers
    We are working on a fix for the problem with DSL on servers - sorry for the inconveniences.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  3. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    -tba-

4. shiz314

shiz314 Ensign

Mode : Survival

Bugs :
    - On Maiy planets, the ambient music is the same as the space one, i loved the maiy ost.
    - Problem with Thermica station, because of the gigantic Eilia, thermica belongs to the planet's atmosphear ( Same for the asteroids field that go through its moon ).
    - I don't know if it's changed, but last time, i couldn't accumulate Generators in inventory ( taking one slot each one ).

Thanks.

5. Tveohed

Tveohed Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: SilentK1tt3ns Playhouse (publiced viewed for friends to find, but passworded)
    SEED-ID: 21619

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes. Pegagus Galaxy

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Global)

Summary: Gameoptions. AutoMinerDepletion setting not being used.

Description: Game not using the config files setting for autominerdepletion when set to false.

New game option command line, let me see that the game wasn't reading or using the autominer setting from the config file. Been having issue with non voxel ores getting depleted when i had the setting set to false. But seems the game isn't reading it. Don't know if its just the custom scenario or a dedicated server issue.

Using Hosthavoc for my server.

Pegasus Galaxy steam page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1423793832

6. Laenole

Laenole Ensign

On ore label disappearing from view in experimental build, this occurs maybe at most 5% of the time. As I said I think it might occur after spotting a POI and/or getting shot at. It is difficult for me to tell if that is the actual bug initiator. I will try to keep better track.

7. PopeKael

PopeKael Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Talungs Galactic Park of Hugs
    SEED-ID: Unknown

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unknown
    Severity: Major

Type: CV Ship

Summary: I was removed from my cockpit while transitioning from planet to orbit.

Description: The ship had auto break off, I applied the break so the ship would stop. I was then able to position my avi to attempt to enter the cockpit again. I was given a warning that my ship belonged to another faction and was unable to enter my ship. I have contacted the admin to see if he can rescue my ship and avatar in space.

Steps to Reproduce: This type of issue has occurred back in the 6.x days and was the main reason I stopped playing on public servers because I was not an admin and unable to recover assets when it happened. Admins helped sometimes but invariably not.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: None

8. xenjay

xenjay Lieutenant

I like to map Control Panel access and Auto-Rotate to the mouse. These settings often get deleted during updates. (Didn't notice thumbnail updates being listed but like most everything else, awesome improvement!)

9. JPA

JPA Ensign

SERVER NAME: Aftermath [EU/FI]

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Random solarsystem, some small edits.

Reproducibility: Always

Type: Structures invisible/missing/inaccessible

Summary: On two orbits (atleast) bases, capital- hover and small vessels invisible/inaccessible

Description: problem appeared after updating the server, at first showed core type none, after next reboot and update core type was back to player.

Steps to Reproduce: connect to server.

20180717182421_1.jpg

Repair pad base and CV in picture.

10. Garedicus

Garedicus Ensign

SERVER NAME: Halforums Empyrion Server
    SEED-ID: Unknown

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Type: Blueprint Factory, Ship Spawning

Summary: Ship spawned from blueprint immediately ceases to exist.

Description: I spawned a newly built SV_Prefab_Tier1c into orbit and the ship is didn't render graphically. I can see the name and its distance from me, but there is no graphical representation of the ship. I cannot collide with the ship by flying toward it, instead I pass right through. In the registry, I can access the statistics page for the ship, but not its control panel. Bringing up the statistics shows that it is size class -1, has -1 blocks, -1 devices, -1 lights, and -1 triangle count. Bringing up the devices list showed nothing until I autogrouped the devices, at which point it tells me that the core is missing, RCS is missing, generator is missing, fuel tanks are missing, cockpit is missing, and thrusters are missing. This blueprint was generated after the update from fresh ingots - it wasn't waiting in my completed factory list before the update. Relogging or restarting game client does not resolve.

Steps to Reproduce: Start a new ship build in your blueprint factory, attempt to place in orbit.

Negative 1 class ship.png Missing everything.png

11. Dandere

Dandere Commander

Update seems to have destroyed my save games with continuous continue or quit errors. I don't suppose there's a way to go back to 8.1? Having a month of play ruined is pretty depressing.

12. JPA

JPA Ensign

8.2.0 1777 fixed things on Aftermath [EU/FI], phew!

thx!

13. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    SP saves are found here:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Right click on the save file & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option.
    If the file is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive then add a share link to it.

Go to your steam installation of EGS:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs

Open the folder named by the highest number in the logs folder & right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box.
    Thanks.

14. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 226197048

Severity: Minor

Type: POI

Summary: Crashed Capital Vessel POI almost completely buried.

Description: I started a new game (for the new release) and found a Crashed Capital Vessel POI near the alien tower. It was almost completely buried with only a fin poking above the terrain.

Steps to Reproduce: Start a game with seed 226197048

20180717092402_1.jpg

15. Dandere

Dandere Commander

I assumed that creating a new game came before taking that step. I'll do that, thanks.

16. cgw 2

cgw 2 Lieutenant

Guys PLEASE increase functional game (craft) at least a minimum in 1'000'000 times.
    mods or DLC to make it even more interesting.

17. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    @Everyone having a "vanishing structure issue" > please update server + client and check again

Update: July 17, 2018 - Build 1777

Changes:

- Reactivated DSL again
    - Added: Emergency O2 bottles to Survival Constructor (require 1 purified water)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that vessels sometimes disappeared when loading into a playfield on dedicated servers
    - Fixed: Problems with DSL (actually not a DSL problem but root cause was exception spam on pf server)
    - Fixed: AI drone detection not working in some circumstances
    - Fixed: Black side textures that sometimes occurred on snow planet (and others)
    - Fixed: Multiple Request_Player_AddItem remove former given items in quick access

18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Crafting speed setting? We possibly plan to add an "instant" mode for game setup in the near future.

19. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Can you please upload the savegame and add a download for your report?
    If this is reproducible for the savegame we might find the reason quite fast :)

20. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    can you make as screenshot from this: go at that place, open console, type in "stats" and make the shot with the console open. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.