Bug Reports 8.6.X - EXPERIMENTAL

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Pantera, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    READ FIRST: For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
    1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
      Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
    2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
      Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
      Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!

3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
      There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
      Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!

4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
      The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
    ----

Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) Error

1) When you get a so called 'CoQ' (Continue or Quit) error in SINGLEPLAYER, please do the following
    a) Exit the game (click QUIT or ALT+F4)
    b) go to this folder: C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\
    c) watch for the folder name with the highest number and open it
    d) Find the Client.log which has been changed recently right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it
    e) Open your Email, attach the compressed copy of the log & write what happened BEFORE the CoQ and send to:

[email protected]

The QA team will pick up your issue and decode or ask back more info.

2) IF YOU RAN A COOP SERVER, you
    - need to send in the Client.logs for all players that were affected
    - need to send in the COOP server and COOP-client logs

The COOP Client logs are in the SAME folder on the PC which started the session.

Look for
    a) logs that start with 'Client_AsPf_'
    b) log that starts with 'Dedicated_'

Send in both COOP Client and Server logs to the same Email address

3) IF you are running a DEDICATED SERVER,
    go the the /LOGS folder, zip the whole thing (in case you do not know what are the latest files) + ADD an info on which playfield and WHEN (time stamp) the issue happened...and send it to the same Email address as well.

-----

GLOBAL ADVICE ON REPORTING!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE FOLLOW 'Continue or Quit' instructions as written above

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-----

KNOWN ISSUES
    - Selection tool copy & paste does not maintain settings f.ex of Sensor range settings, LCD screen text or symbols, Spawner settings, Light settings, Door codes etc
    - Autominers do not deplete Voxel Deposits
    - Center of Mass Visualization doesn't appear until you enter the cockpit of any vessel.
    - O2 used up in a vessel on a breathable atmosphere planet
    - Large Blueprints (max size) are broken in 2 parts or do not spawn completely.
    - AI vessel RespawnDelay Timer not working
    - Drones stop spawning after the drone base regenerates
    - Trying to enter a vessel cockpit at high altitude can kill the player.
    - Not possible to texture some faces on "Beam" shape
    - Lettering symbols out of alignment
    - Symbol + and double+ are off about 1px in some directions
    - Symmetry plane left/right variant of thin hull blocks orientation is not mirrored correctly.
    - When POI's with the 'BP flattens ground' box is checked the structures can get displaced & terrain can become deformed

- After changing playfields the weather is not displayed in the HUD or showing visually until a reload is done.
    - When de-selecting the checkbox for "Symmetry Plane" and re-checking it it does not go back to the plane that was set
    - Going down a steep hill with Player bike can break view (step off the bike should resolve this)
    - Player falling through the world when getting of a motorbike on uneven/mined terrain
    - Drones falling through terrain in MP (> We need a repro case for this still!)
    - Waypoints are not finding the quickest route through polar region
    - PC working when the active toggle is off (Switch the button 2x will fix this as a workaround)
    - Landing a vessel on a repair bay with 'Automatic mode' on the vessel can be repositioned away from the bay.

- [Edge case] HV's sinking & losing speed over water.
    - Issue with renaming auto grouped groups being placed out of order.
    - Docked vessels that have the waypoint option enabled take the name of the vessel they are docked to

Should be fixed now, but plz observe:
    - Parts of structures morphing/appearing on other structures.

=====================================

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

This is still not fixed and is 100% reproducible in a brand new Exp 8.7.0 Single Player game.

Steps to reproduce
    1. Start repair to template process.
    2. Back up out of render distance.
    3. Return and see that the repair process has stopped itself.

Screenshots
    Damaged SV with multitool
    [​IMG]

Started repair process
    [​IMG]

143 m away and still working as intended
    [​IMG]

4.40 km away and it has now failed due to the structure unloading from DSL.
    [​IMG]

Proof of failed repair process upon return.
    [​IMG]

Nothing was repaired to template, it just simply stopped the repair process. I can repeat this over and over by simply flying away until the structure unloads. It happens with every structure type. If I stay in render distance then it will progress as normal and complete the repair.

3. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Strange the use case I had when testing is now repairing fine when moving far away or to another playfield then returning.

Please attach the save game with your character left next to this structure.

4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Here's the save folder
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DvvvKEZkqaPomTWG8DP1a2pVF8FIPq1_

Activate GM straight away as the character isn't even wearing a suit yet and is in space, ;).
    If you back up into the planets atmo (changing playfields) then it doesn't fail (maybe because the planet is still in render distance). If you stay in space though and just leave render distance then it fails every single time. The same thing happens if I repeat the test on a planet but stay in the same playfield and just leave render distance.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  5. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks.
    Have you also tried this in MP with & without a lock code on a vessel ? exp server is updated btw.

6. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

I have not but can possibly test that for you.

Edit
    I'm just getting constant "Ship Type cannot be repaired" errors on the exp server. I tried three different blueprints that were just working for the test outside the server no problem, all damaged in the same way and parked on the same base used in the save I linked to you. So unfortunately I cannot test this on the MP server for you. Either way it's 100% reproducible in SP.

If you wish to check those on the official Exp server yourself, I left my character logged out in front of them.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  7. jlego

jlego Commander

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:
    n/a
    SEED-ID: 897149 (though issue apparently occurs on any seed)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:
    No

Reproducibility:
    Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Type:
    Terrain

Summary:
    Terrain often begins to glitch after playing for a period of time

Description:
    When game is first loaded, terrain appears normal when travelling in a vessel, but after some time (which can range from 15 minutes to several hours), the terrain may begin to glitch. Decorations appear where the terrain really is. Waiting for a few seconds causes the game to correct the terrain, leading me to believe this may be a terrain LoD issue. It appears to be a clientside issue, as other players are not necessarily affected at the same time. The issue does not appear to affect the actual save game, so exiting the game, reloading and reconnecting is a valid (if frustrating) workaround.

Steps to Reproduce:

No reliable repro case for triggering this issue is known at this time, so the only known method of reproducing it is to travel in a vessel continuously in one direction until the issue is triggered.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

• Verifying the game cache in steam and clearing the save cache do not resolve the issue, and the issue can happen on games started in the current build (1884 at time of writing) or previous builds.
    • Previously reported and confirmed by multiple people in the 8.6.x stable bugs thread. The following video demonstrating the issue was posted by myself in that thread:

elmo likes this.
  8. wildboy

wildboy Commander

Did some testing also, on the"offcial" Eleon studio branche test server same result as @krazzykid2006
    simple setup, base with T2 repair ... spawn a SV, save template right aware, removed some blocks of the sv
    repair time 6.33 fly away from base more than 1.2 km... (DSL range) wait a min or 2 flyback r2T stopped no repairs done.
    Second test in MP , start R2T go offline for about 2 min , go back online R2T still working, and timer still countdown,
    possible it take's more time to unload character from server..but think you know the answer better than me :)

I can do some more testing, and can provide video proof

Also did try your test @Pantera leaving the playfield (going to orbit) same result not working

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  9. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

So apparently the bug of getting damage inside a cockpit is not corrected yet?!?....

So, medium armor with 2 armor boost....
    20180928132436_1.jpg

Inside a cockpit and I get a Poisonous Bite, guys this needs to be addressed......
    20180928132446_1.jpg

Ho and I get killed over and over, it's not hard to test....
    20180928132343_1.jpg

But that's not all, apparently they so tough they managed to get trough combat armor and damaged devices inside the HV, without touching the armor..... Really?!?.....
    20180928132809_1.jpg

Frigidman likes this.
  10. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Next exp build should have a fix for it no eta just yet though.

wildboy and krazzykid2006 like this.
  11. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
  12. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

I just finished testing in another brand new SP game, same exact test as before. Sadly it's still 100% reproducible.
    I made a video this time instead of pictures.
    I started it and flew away the first couple times using god mode. Then I spawned in a SV and backed away at SV speeds (to rule out GM top speed).
    Every time the repair process had stopped itself as soon as the structures un-rendered. Staying within render distance sees the repair process complete as intended.

I don't have the time to test MP right now, maybe in a few hours. I would guess that if it's still happening in SP it's happening in MP too, since it's triggered in the exact same way.

Game Save https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jH-BdgqSImcA833HfulAthAnOQWgy704

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  13. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks. What happens when you place this SV on a base that is alittle bigger then the SV you show in your video ? make sure the SV is above some hull blocks.

14. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

15. wildboy

wildboy Commander

Ok did retest R2T in MP session

-When character in range of DSL =passed
    -going offline for > 7 min (repairtime was 7:05 min) but character in DSL range when you go offline =Passed
    -when exit DSL (more then 1.2km ) for less then 1 min = Failed
    -when exit DSL for more than 7 min (repairtime) =failed

sorry guys,
    btw server was only updated to new build not wiped and reset to new build.

16. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
  17. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

That is the correct saves. I changed nothing and stopped the game immediately after stopping the video. Clicking on the links I provided and navigating to the shared folder still shows me the correct structures listed:

BA_Player_1080, SV_Player_1081, SV_Player_1082
    That info was pulled directly from the link you just quoted and was done without being logged in. I'm not sure what the issue is?

18. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Here's a link to a compressed version of it. Sorry, that might be my fault because I forgot to compress before uploading.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=15l39Bi76W3yC3L799SkNE9JL9pK4tpL2

19. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
  20. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    CHANGELOG Alpha 8.6.3 (Build 1887):

Changed:
    - Repair-to-Template window: Allow shift-click to quick move ingots from bag to item drop
    - Repair-to-Template window: Increase timeout before updating Repair Data when adding ingots to 6s
    - SV Hitscan logic

Fixed:

- After changing the faction of a CV it is sometimes possible to fly through hull blocks with the vessels that become undocked
    - Repair-to-Template is not completed after moving away then returning
    - Harvest module info shows 'Harvest box missing' when box is placed on the vessel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.