Bug Reports 8.7 - EXPERIMENTAL

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 17, 2018.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    READ FIRST: For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
    1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
      Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
    2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
      Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
      Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!

3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
      There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
      Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!

4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
      The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
    ----

Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) Error

1) When you get a so called 'CoQ' (Continue or Quit) error in SINGLEPLAYER, please do the following
    a) Exit the game (click QUIT or ALT+F4)
    b) go to this folder: C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\
    c) watch for the folder name with the highest number and open it
    d) Find the Client.log which has been changed recently right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it
    e) Open your Email, attach the compressed copy of the log & write what happened BEFORE the CoQ and send to:

[email protected]

The QA team will pick up your issue and decode or ask back more info.

2) IF YOU RAN A COOP SERVER, you
    - need to send in the Client.logs for all players that were affected
    - need to send in the COOP server and COOP-client logs

The COOP Client logs are in the SAME folder on the PC which started the session.

Look for
    a) logs that start with 'Client_AsPf_'
    b) log that starts with 'Dedicated_'

Send in both COOP Client and Server logs to the same Email address

3) IF you are running a DEDICATED SERVER,
    go the the /LOGS folder, zip the whole thing (in case you do not know what are the latest files) + ADD an info on which playfield and WHEN (time stamp) the issue happened...and send it to the same Email address as well.

-----

GLOBAL ADVICE ON REPORTING!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE FOLLOW 'Continue or Quit' instructions as written above

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-----

KNOWN ISSUES
    - TERRAIN reappearing sometimes (should resolve by a reconnect. Please re-report if this happens AND in which way it resolves)
    - Selection tool copy & paste does not maintain settings f.ex of Sensor range settings, LCD screen text or symbols, Spawner settings, Light settings, Door codes etc
    - Autominers do not deplete Voxel Deposits
    - Center of Mass Visualization doesn't appear until you enter the cockpit of any vessel.
    - O2 used up in a vessel on a breathable atmosphere planet
    - Large Blueprints (max size) are broken in 2 parts or do not spawn completely.
    - AI vessel RespawnDelay Timer not working
    - Drones stop spawning after the drone base regenerates
    - Trying to enter a vessel cockpit at high altitude can kill the player.
    - Not possible to texture some faces on "Beam" shape
    - Lettering symbols out of alignment
    - Symbol + and double+ are off about 1px in some directions
    - Symmetry plane left/right variant of thin hull blocks orientation is not mirrored correctly.
    - When POI's with the 'BP flattens ground' box is checked the structures can get displaced & terrain can become deformed
    - HV/SV still produce "Smoke" when grounded and all thrusters and hover engines are off

- After changing playfields the weather is not displayed in the HUD or showing visually until a reload is done.
    - When de-selecting the checkbox for "Symmetry Plane" and re-checking it it does not go back to the plane that was set
    - Going down a steep hill with Player bike can break view (step off the bike should resolve this)
    - Player falling through the world when getting of a motorbike on uneven/mined terrain
    - Drones falling through terrain in MP (> We need a repro case for this still!)
    - Waypoints are not finding the quickest route through polar region
    - PC working when the active toggle is off (Switch the button 2x will fix this as a workaround)
    - Landing a vessel on a repair bay with 'Automatic mode' on the vessel can be repositioned away from the bay.

- [Edge case] HV's sinking & losing speed over water.
    - Issue with renaming auto grouped groups being placed out of order.
    - Docked vessels that have the waypoint option enabled take the name of the vessel they are docked to
    - Not possible to access containers on structures (wreckage - crashed ships)

Should be fixed now, but plz observe:
    - Parts of structures morphing/appearing on other structures.

=====================================

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Luzillus

Luzillus Ensign

SEED-ID: 0 and above

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Global )

Summary: All Blueprints are Red and cant put to Fabrice.

Description: All Bluprints(Prefab´s also) are red in the new Version.

Steps to Reproduce: Start a Singleplayergame and look into the Blueprint List.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Robot Shark and spunkykneebiter like this.
  3. spunkykneebiter

Yep all bluprints are red. Except two The P.U.P. Flak and Repair- Station-42. not sure why those 2 but looking.

4. Neil

Neil Captain

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: n/a

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Gamestart

Summary: Program starts but never displays anything

Description: I execute the program the same way as always and while I see the game in task manager it never displays ANYTHING. Nothing has changed except the upgrade to the new test version. I did a Steam file validity check, but no problems were detected.

UPDATE! Uninstalling and re-installing fixed it.

Steps to Reproduce: Just start the game on my computer :D

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: n/a

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  5. TastyChickenLegs

TastyChickenLegs Commander

Can confirm Blueprints are all red.

SEED-ID: 262101 and all seeds that I tested

Summary: All Blueprints are Red and cannot be sent to factory.

Description: All Bluprints(Prefab´s also) are red in the new Version.

Steps to Reproduce: Start a Single player game and look into the Blueprint List.

I did notice that if opened a creative game and spawned the BP then saved it to new blueprint it would turn back to white.

6. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

My experimental game is "Alpha 8.6.2 0103", so it is a bit confusing... :)

elmo likes this.
  7. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Will be fixed soon.

8. elmo

elmo Commander

Mine is same and all blueprints are red

9. Kitet

Kitet Ensign

I uninstalled and deleted the Empyrion folder, then installed directly experimental version. Bug is in options menu. I launch options and it takes three seconds for the window to appear. Next several options, if not all, do not remember settings. I specifically lowered texture detail and LOD but everytime I see options this is still back to default Good profile. Because "Good" is too good for my machine even in 8.6.3, I have to lower settings or else unable to play due to low fps, like 5. So until that's fixed, c'ya. And restarts don't help.

10. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Ok, another small but BIG bug :D
    When you get to surface 'rock' it does not have any 'name', and when you get to the 'ore rocks' you get iron/copper/silicon "BEARING"??!!??
    ... is it some bad translation from german?

Why you don't call them 'stones'?
    (iron stone, copper stone, silicon stone,... and all the regular 'rocks' we use for stone dust you can call boulders :))

[​IMG]

11. Vampir2005

Vampir2005 Ensign

Seit dem neuesten Update ( Version Exp. 8.6.2 0103 ) funktionieren keine Blueprints mehr.
    und es geht noch besser, irgendein Config.ecf file wird nicht mehr geladen. ( falsche version )

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Captain

Hast du das Spiel vorher von STEAM verifizieren lassen?

Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
    Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data

13. Kitet

Kitet Ensign

Tried googling for "what is a mineral bearing rock"? Apparently in crosswords this expression is used as a clue for "ore". When I first saw it some months ago (this isn't new in 8.7) I didn't see any trouble with the expression. Trees bear fruit, rocks might bear ore, I think. Anyway, there's trouble launching the game for some.

Germanicus likes this.
  14. Vampir2005

Vampir2005 Ensign

Schon gemacht kein erfolg.

Siehe hier
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1541710459

15. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Issues with blueprints showing up RED will be fixed soon!

elmo likes this.
  16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Do you see the same behavior in 8.6.3 (Public) ?

17. Micahrm81

Micahrm81 Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: (NoMansLand)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Summary: Shooting Dancing Aliens placed on base destroys entire base

Description: Tried this bug out on the experimental 8.7 and the current 8.6.3 When placing the dancing robot alien, if you shoot him, your entire base and whatever is docked on said base disappears.

Steps to Reproduce: Place down dancing alien robot, shoot a few times and your base will disappear along with anything that is placed/docked on the base.

18. Kitet

Kitet Ensign

Today I switched to 8.6.3 and tested, it was OK. Switched back to 8.7 and also everything with the menu is OK. No delay anymore and switched options persist. Today "Good" profile doesn't kill my machine, gives me ca. 40fps on planets with some structures, although 100% GPU utilization.

EDIT:
    I need to update, because I've been playing on the official Eleon Experimental server today, and noticed there's an invisible POI (bald patch in the ground, radar indication but POI itself doesn't exist and doesn't register on the map). Maybe trivial, but since it's day one, I thought worth a mention. BTW my game freshly downloaded, so no cache or anything 'previous'. This POI is at 2363.0/54.0/1547.0 on the starter temperate planet

One more thing with graphics - there's some effect at dawn: sun rays can be seen rising over the horizon an hour and a half before the sun itself emerges. I was in the forest and the effect caught me there and framerate dropped to between 4 and 8 fps (normally 40-50, 35 in the forest). Half a game-hour later suddenly return to normal (3-5 minutes realtime?). Maybe yesterday I was experiencing the same thing and wrote that the performance was poor... don't know.

The "ground" problem we reported in 8.6.x bug thread was today at it's best. I just connected to the server and was immediately welcomed by the rain drops hitting some flat, invisible object four meters above the ground. I was walking in the air, of course. HV dives into the mountains and drives through them, showing me flora from unusual angles (bottom).

HV can't reach full speed over WATER. Ever. Mere 26, maybe 27m/s. When driving from higher terrain over water, or jumping over some terrain onto the water, HV frequently drops into the water instead of hovering over it. I had to carefully slow down before the water and continue over, checking if the nose doesn't dive. I tested two HVs today - one was the model I frequently use and one was tier 0 HV that could hover at 1,5M max. The latter, at full speed over the water suddenly went under and could not go back to the surface. Had to abandon the vessel, it was moving 1m/s while submerged. The one I am using now has the jump devices, so when it dives, it can jump back from the depths to the surface. You guys wrote this is a known bug, edge case and you can't reproduce AFAIR? Well, today this seemed like a feature. These things continued after quit and reconnect, so I just played like that. Tough.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  19. solipsist60

solipsist60 Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 908011

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: n/a

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: O2 in Rooms

Summary: O2 missing in blocks where it should exist

Description: I've encountered O2 warnings in areas where they shouldn’t be any. As example, in my oxygenated base when I enter the shower block or toilet block. Another example is when I enter a corner window block. When I stay in the block after the warning, my character eventually goes into distress. This is occurring when adjacent blocks have O2. This is still occurring after latest update – 8.7.0 1896.

Steps to Reproduce: Restarted game.

20. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

It is correct English, I think, you may just be reading it wrong because "bearing" has more than one meaning.

Bearing can be a noun, like a "steel ball bearing". In this sense, "iron bearing" or "copper bearing" isn't right.

But it is also an adjective, like a "load bearing column". In that sense, it means the column is holding a load (a beam, or the floor above it).

Calling something an "iron-bearing rock" is correct, it means is has iron in it. It is also OK, if maybe unclear/awkward, to list something like "Rock (iron bearing)", though for the latter maybe "Rock (contains iron)" would be clearer, or "Iron-rich rock".

As for "rock" vs. "stone", that has to be what country/region you're from. I hear it used in set phrases like something is "made of stone" or Medusa's gaze will "turn you to stone", or "don't throw stones in glass houses" but I don't hear "stone" in every day usage. Maybe it is used more commonly in Britain/Australia, not sure.

Space Beagle and Germanicus like this.