Bug Reports 8.7.x: Gameplay [READ INTRODUCTION BEFORE REPORTING!]

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    READ FIRST: For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
    1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
      Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
    2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
      Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
      Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!

3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
      There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
      Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!

4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
      The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
    ----

Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) Error

1) When you get a so called 'CoQ' (Continue or Quit) error in SINGLEPLAYER, please do the following
    a) Exit the game (click QUIT or ALT+F4)
    b) go to this folder: C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\
    c) watch for the folder name with the highest number and open it
    d) Find the Client.log which has been changed recently right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it
    e) Open your Email, attach the compressed copy of the log & write what happened BEFORE the CoQ and send to:

[email protected]

The QA team will pick up your issue and decode or ask back more info.

2) IF YOU RAN A COOP SERVER, you
    - need to send in the Client.logs for all players that were affected
    - need to send in the COOP server and COOP-client logs

The COOP Client logs are in the SAME folder on the PC which started the session.

Look for
    a) logs that start with 'Client_AsPf_'
    b) log that starts with 'Dedicated_'

Send in both COOP Client and Server logs to the same Email address

3) IF you are running a DEDICATED SERVER,
    go the the /LOGS folder, zip the whole thing (in case you do not know what are the latest files) + ADD an info on which playfield and WHEN (time stamp) the issue happened...and send it to the same Email address as well.

-----

GLOBAL ADVICE ON REPORTING!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE FOLLOW 'Continue or Quit' instructions as written above

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-----

KNOWN ISSUES
    - TERRAIN reappearing sometimes (should resolve by a reconnect. Please re-report if this happens AND in which way it resolves)
    - Selection tool copy & paste does not maintain settings f.ex of Sensor range settings, LCD screen text or symbols, Spawner settings, Light settings, Door codes etc
    - Autominers do not deplete Voxel Deposits
    - Center of Mass Visualization doesn't appear until you enter the cockpit of any vessel.
    - O2 used up in a vessel on a breathable atmosphere planet
    - Large Blueprints (max size) are broken in 2 parts or do not spawn completely.
    - AI vessel RespawnDelay Timer not working
    - Drones stop spawning after the drone base regenerates
    - Trying to enter a vessel cockpit at high altitude can kill the player.
    - Not possible to texture some faces on "Beam" shape
    - Lettering symbols out of alignment
    - Symbol + and double+ are off about 1px in some directions
    - Symmetry plane left/right variant of thin hull blocks orientation is not mirrored correctly.
    - When POI's with the 'BP flattens ground' box is checked the structures can get displaced & terrain can become deformed
    - HV/SV still produce "Smoke" when grounded and all thrusters and hover engines are off
    - HV hover engines are not reacting to on & off signals until the CP is reopened.

- After changing playfields the weather is not displayed in the HUD or showing visually until a reload is done.
    - When de-selecting the checkbox for "Symmetry Plane" and re-checking it it does not go back to the plane that was set
    - Going down a steep hill with Player bike can break view (step off the bike should resolve this)
    - Player falling through the world when getting of a motorbike on uneven/mined terrain
    - Drones falling through terrain in MP (> We need a repro case for this still!)
    - Waypoints are not finding the quickest route through polar region
    - PC working when the active toggle is off (Switch the button 2x will fix this as a workaround)
    - Landing a vessel on a repair bay with 'Automatic mode' on the vessel can be repositioned away from the bay.

- [Edge case] HV's sinking & losing speed over water.
    - Issue with renaming auto grouped groups being placed out of order.
    - Docked vessels that have the waypoint option enabled take the name of the vessel they are docked to

Should be fixed now, but plz observe:
    - Parts of structures morphing/appearing on other structures.

=====================================

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Captain

I think this one has been already fixed. I tested a few minutes ago. The save game is from 6 September, if it means anything.I always delete the relevant cache folder after a build is introduced to public. The SV was first spawned on 8.6.2

3. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

Seeing lots of terrain generation bugs.
    Ground at the wrong level etc Landing gear doesn't seem to react to the ground

4. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you show this at all ?
    If I was to load into your save game would it reproduce ?

5. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

I'll try and get some screen grabs. Another issue was that previously hollowed out terrain needed a moment to render properly.
    It seemed to be somewhat random though.
    -save attached

6. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

*save was too big - is there a drop box I can upload to or something?

7. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you upload it to a file host & send me a share link ?

8. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

9. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Ok so what is it I need to do to see the issue you mention trigger ?
    I spawn in here when loading into your save:
    NewGame_0-181023-1902_2018-10-24_22-00-26.png

Can you show some video of it happening ?

10. Grizzly

Grizzly Ensign

Should be fixed now, but plz observe:
    - Parts of structures morphing/appearing on other structures.
    I am seeing this since latest patch. I warp to a new system and the SVs docked in my CV mix parts until I relog. When this happens I cannot interact with the SVs until relogging which fixes it. HWS NA server

=====================================

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: HWS NA server
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor

Type: Global

Summary: Since latest patch game freezes up/pauses for less than a second every so often for no apparent reason.

Description: Random pauses

Steps to Reproduce: Play game

11. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Captain

Sorry for this isnt a 'crash bug report'.

I repaired my HV to template.
    It had a custom color - overwriting 'pink'.

After it was repaired, the custom color became pink again.
    EDIT : /* Also, all the groups and Signals were deleted. */

Please understand that I had changed the Color from pink to 'custom' before I used it.
    Also, up to the point I had to repair the HV, the template was saved at least 5 times with the custom color applied.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  12. Black Widow

Black Widow Ensign

Hello!
    Since 8.7 all new spawned CV's/BAs have some sensors not working and some times it fixes it self and don't know what fixes it.
    All new spawned or already docked SVs/HVs (if undocked on 8.7) don't dock again unles we relog (and since the reloging takes sometimes 10mins or more in some servers, its not very friendely).
    So resuming if we load a game with docked ships on a previous ver. and undock them, they wont dock again unless relog.
    If we spawn a new SV/HV it wont dock unless relog.
    Hope this can help to solve it.

Edit: if the relog fixes it but we undock the sv in space and goto planet and return it wont dock again. Have to relog again.

Cheers
    BW

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  13. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you provide a save game setup before where it will reproduce atleast 'Sometimes' preferably 'Always' with steps to repro ?
    I haven't seen any of the issues you describe.

14. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi a use case is needed to check this.
    So far docking for me in MP & SP has been fine.
    I need something I can trigger on my end to have this looked into.

15. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Captain

I'm sorry, but it was online.

If there are files on the server you could use/need, please let me know which one/s.

At best i can give you a server save game backup which is several hours older, have to bug owner though.

16. jtgmerk

jtgmerk Lieutenant

Mode: (Creativel)

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Building )

Summary: Missing half of ship

Description: Working on a new ship in creative mode. Part of the ship is not recognized. Tried saving the blueprint and respawn in creative mode and only part of the ship will spawn. Missing parts of ship didn't show up on the control panel and parts of the ship say there was no core.

Steps to Reproduce: Created a new game in creative mode and spawned in the saved ship. NewGame_0_2018-10-25_21-37-08.png
    Build of ship.

NewGame_0_2018-10-25_21-36-43.png
    Respawned ship in new location.

17. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Captain

Uh and a Question:
    What is that 'waypoint Option enabled', in regards of a docked ship - where do I change that please?
    But then again, i had set a waypoint on the 'Pentax', but the issue occurred on the 'Panic Titanic' as well, which has had no waypoint set on it.
    Is the effect like this - or less extreme: ?
    20180927202642_1.jpg 20180927203129_1.jpg

Just asking because by the text i understand it so that only 1 docked vessel would get the effect.

18. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    I have been trying to trigger it going of what you have said in MP & SP but every time the repair completes the custom color is maintained.
    Can you trigger this issue away from the server ? SP or on your own local dedi or maybe coop mode ?

Same for this also I need to know how to trigger this.
    When testing the circuits & signals I have setup were maintained after the repair completes.

19. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you supply the save game from the screenshot with the before & after vessel present ?
    SP saves are found here:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Right click on the save file & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it then drag & drop a copy in your reply box or use the upload a file option.
    If the file is too large use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive then add a share link to it.
    Thanks.

20. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    It is the waypoint option in the registry
    1.png

Disable it for any docked vessel & the issue should go away.
    No ETA on a fix for this just yet maybe A9.

Sephrajin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.