Bug Reports 8.7.x Unity2017: Gameplay [READ INTRODUCTION BEFORE REPORTING!]

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    READ FIRST: For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
    1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
      Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
    2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
      Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
      Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!

3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
      There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
      Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!

4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
      The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
    ----

Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) Error

1) When you get a so called 'CoQ' (Continue or Quit) error in SINGLEPLAYER, please do the following
    a) Exit the game (click QUIT or ALT+F4)
    b) go to this folder: C:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs\
    c) watch for the folder name with the highest number and open it
    d) Find the Client.log which has been changed recently right click on the client log from when this happened & place your mouse cursor over 'Send to' create a compressed copy of it
    e) Open your Email, attach the compressed copy of the log & write what happened BEFORE the CoQ and send to:

[email protected]

The QA team will pick up your issue and decode or ask back more info.

2) IF YOU RAN A COOP SERVER, you
    - need to send in the Client.logs for all players that were affected
    - need to send in the COOP server and COOP-client logs

The COOP Client logs are in the SAME folder on the PC which started the session.

Look for
    a) logs that start with 'Client_AsPf_'
    b) log that starts with 'Dedicated_'

Send in both COOP Client and Server logs to the same Email address

3) IF you are running a DEDICATED SERVER,
    go the the /LOGS folder, zip the whole thing (in case you do not know what are the latest files) + ADD an info on which playfield and WHEN (time stamp) the issue happened...and send it to the same Email address as well.

-----

GLOBAL ADVICE ON REPORTING!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE FOLLOW 'Continue or Quit' instructions as written above

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-----

KNOWN ISSUES
    - TERRAIN reappearing sometimes (should resolve by a reconnect. Please re-report if this happens AND in which way it resolves)
    - Selection tool copy & paste does not maintain settings f.ex of Sensor range settings, LCD screen text or symbols, Spawner settings, Light settings, Door codes etc
    - Autominers do not deplete Voxel Deposits
    - Center of Mass Visualization doesn't appear until you enter the cockpit of any vessel.
    - O2 used up in a vessel on a breathable atmosphere planet
    - Large Blueprints (max size) are broken in 2 parts or do not spawn completely.
    - AI vessel RespawnDelay Timer not working
    - Drones stop spawning after the drone base regenerates
    - Trying to enter a vessel cockpit at high altitude (just before changing from atmosphere to orbit) can kill the player.
    - Not possible to texture some faces on "Beam" shape
    - Lettering symbols out of alignment
    - Symbol + and double+ are off about 1px in some directions
    - Symmetry plane left/right variant of thin hull blocks orientation is not mirrored correctly.
    - When POI's with the 'BP flattens ground' box is checked the structures can get displaced & terrain can become deformed
    - HV/SV still produce "Smoke" when grounded and all thrusters and hover engines are off
    - HV hover engines are not reacting to on & off signals until the CP is reopened.

- After changing playfields the weather is not displayed in the HUD or showing visually until a reload is done.
    - When de-selecting the checkbox for "Symmetry Plane" and re-checking it it does not go back to the plane that was set
    - Going down a steep hill with Player bike can break view (step off the bike should resolve this)
    - Player falling through the world when getting of a motorbike on uneven/mined terrain
    - Drones falling through terrain in MP (> We need a repro case for this still!)
    - Waypoints are not finding the quickest route through polar region
    - PC working when the active toggle is off (Switch the button 2x will fix this as a workaround)
    - Landing a vessel on a repair bay with 'Automatic mode' on the vessel can be repositioned away from the bay.

- [Edge case] HV's sinking & losing speed over water.
    - Issue with renaming auto grouped groups being placed out of order.
    - Docked vessels that have the waypoint option enabled take the name of the vessel they are docked to

Should be fixed now, but plz observe:
    - Parts of structures morphing/appearing on other structures.

=====================================

REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Mr.Мозголом

Have no more player's starting gear (gun,combinator, chainsaw...) when starting singleplayer game since the engine change. all items pined to shortcuts panel disappeared. Other backpack stuff is on the place.

Have no mods or other game or .ini changes. just simple vanilla clean game installation
    File Verification passed. All right
    No third-party configs only 3 standard ones as stated above
    Game reinstallation effect = 0
    difficulty changes = same

HELP!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  3. jtgmerk

jtgmerk Lieutenant

Mode: (Creative)

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Base Building )

Summary: Unable to place 15 solar panels on base. Only 14 allowed.

NewGame_0_2018-11-01_20-30-29.png

4. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Please attach the save game.

5. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Looking at the screenshot...dies out rye with mirror mode off?

6. jtgmerk

jtgmerk Lieutenant

Yes, you were right. Turning off the mirror solved the problem. Sorry.

7. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Mode: Survival/All

Singleplayer or multiplayer

O2 bottles are supposed to have a value of 75. When you use the extra ones to dump into your base/ship- each bottle only adds 35 oxygen (Emergency 02 containers with a value of 35 correctly add 35).

Also, I thought ships/bases deplete oxygen at a lower rate than the suit- doesn't seem that way. Seems the same or higher.

8. Germanicus

Germanicus Captain

I was informed a while ago that the reduced O2 amount is intended: "....they do not really fit on the valves of the O2 Tanks and so some amount is lost"... or so it was told me when I pointed out that issue

9. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

What nonsense. Couldn't the constructor just build an adapter?

This really sucks because I'm try to create "The Martian" and it damn close to works. I give Empyrion credit for *almost* being able to do something like this, there is no other survival game that can come close:

Solar panels provide power for grow lights, which provides food, and plants and you require oxygen. Portable O2/Water condensers CAN produce oxygen on a moon, but are slow and it takes a while to grow enough plant fiber to create biofuel.

From what I've done so far: You need 10 plots of fiber to make 4 biofuel per half hour. That means two portable O2 condensors can make two O2 bottles, and 2 water bottles in a half our. IF it was working correctly, that's 210 O2 in a half hour. The base consumes 105 O2 in ten minutes (roughly clocked it) or 315 per half hour. Which means you'd need 20 fiber plots to make 410 and be sustainable.

But, with this "feature", you're only getting 140, or 280 per half hour. So you'd need 30 plots of just fiber plants (while only 1 pumpkin to make enough food if you use a light armor with two multi boosts).

I guess the solar can power enough, but running around collecting fiber and rushing to make biofuel so you don't run out of oxygen just doesn't sound fun.

Still a neat idea, I might continue with it.

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Germanicus

Germanicus Captain

I reported that O2 issue back in 8.6
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ion-before-reporting.43916/page-6#post-272746

I can follow your maths! And it sucks. I play on Arid Planets only so I know the need for O2.

Christianholmes likes this.
  11. RedBaron97

RedBaron97 Lieutenant

Mode: Creative

Reproducibility: Not tested
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Block coliders aren´t working proberly if to far from core

Description: Blocks placed to far from the core have missing textures and colliders (see screenshots)

Screenshots:
    20181102233859_1.jpg 20181102233915_1.jpg 20181102233921_1.jpg 20181102233954_1.jpg

12. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    This is known. For now try not to go over 110 blocks out from the core in all directions to avoid this.
    Thanks.

Germanicus likes this.
  13. RedBaron97

RedBaron97 Lieutenant

Alright. I guess this means i have to halt construction on my carrier for now :)

14. xcom_kill

xcom_kill Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: local net test server
    SEED-ID: 2018

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: 1. Trading system 2.Drone attack

Summary:

1.Malfunction of the trading system on the appearance of"desired".
    2.Incomprehensible reaction of drones to the power supply system of the player base.

Description:

1. In the trading system, when using the "GlobalPlayerToSystem" setting, players who are in different systems through the trading terminal do not see the list of the desired opponent. The list of the desired via the trading terminal is also not visible in the "All"mode.
    2. When used in the player base as a source of energy "solar panels" drones do not attack the player's base.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. New game
    2. Clear cache
    3. For case 1-all modes tested
    4. For case 2-transfer to energy tanks and back. Repeatedly.

15. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Can you make me a screenshot of the icons of the bottles you used? There are possibly still a few "legacy bottles" in the game.

PS: nevermind found it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  16. KuulKuum

KuulKuum Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: (n/a)
    SEED-ID: (any)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: (n/a)

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major) and very annoying (having to lift the mouse and repositioning it often)

Type: (Global)

Summary: Since the role back of game (Unity), I am having mouse cursor issue in that using the control panel (P) and using the back(return to control panel) screen the mouse cursor JUMPS to the center of the screen.

Description: I have validated/uninstalled/re-install game. Deleted save cache. I don't have any other device controllers (just keyboard and mouse). Tried different mouse. Tried creating new games in Creative, random worlds, etc. Reset game option to Defaults.

Steps to Reproduce: This has been an issue in the past with others. One example... https://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/0/1728701877521080762/

17. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Awesome. Hope this gets fixed, I can do my "The Martian" roleplay and live in a moonbase until Alpha 9 :)

18. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Just to get back to you for this @jtgmerk did you use any commands for this vessel ?
    What I mean is there is 2 vessels somehow together (2 different ship ID's) here which seems to be why this happens & I'm curious if you used the mergestructs commands at all with this ?
    Or did you build with 2 CV starter blocks in this location ?

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Captain

When using the CONSOLE Command Map I noticed that HVs that are docked to my Base carry the name of my Base. Is this intentional or would this be a bug? Picture shows Nameplates with Map-Command active:

Attached Files:

20. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Literally in the known issues in the first post,
    "- Docked vessels that have the waypoint option enabled take the name of the vessel they are docked to"

Lol, I forgive you.