Bug Reports 8.xx : Controller & Keymapping

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    This thread is for bugs related to either CONTROLLER and global KEYMAPPING

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Device: (Controller, Keyboard, Mouse)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: ( Button not working, not assignable etc )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots: (Please click on the console dropdown and make a screenshot of the ERROR log!)

2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
  3. Bollen

Bollen Commander

First of all thank you, thank you, thank you!!! What a treat it is to fly a ship with a joystick! Especially with Auto Break Off!

Device: Thrustmaster T.16000M and TWCS Throttle

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: (not assignable)

Summary: Look left/right/Up/Down cannot be assigned, however most settings like strafe, roll axis, etc work fine.

Description: If I click on the --- nothing happens, it does not select and certainly it does not accept the controller's input. I have assigned almost every action in Empyrion to a controller button or axis, the majority works, but I cannot fly i.e. control pitch or roll with it (I still have to use the mouse).

Steps to Reproduce: Plug it in, go to controller menu and click on the assign --- button for either primary or secondary.

Ballard likes this.
  4. mmccaslin13

mmccaslin13 Ensign

I agree - having the same issue. I use Pinnacle Game Profiler for my mappings. So I cleared all of the new native mappings in Empyrion's control panel>options, but the game gets confused when I'm dragging and dropping inventory items. Starts scrolling when I try to pick-up/place stacked items, cursor seems to be vibrating between two different positions a couple pixels apart, my back button (B) always seems to register as a "hold" command (which brings up System command overlay). The biggest thing is that we can't assign press & hold commands using Empyrion's mapping interface. If we could do that, I think I could replicate according to my customizations and stop using Pinnacle altogether. I tried playing last night for about 45 minutes, but had to declare the game unplayable until I find a workaround. The real irony is that I once wrote a note to Empyrion devs begging for controller support. Be careful what you wish for I guess! Hope it's short-lived, as I do love this game!!

5. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Sometimes the assigning process takes a second. I think you tried this already.

Questions:
    1. You are trying to assing a button OR an axis?
    2. Which tab in the Options do you use? (Keyboard or Mouse?)

6. Bollen

Bollen Commander

Either, it doesn't even select. All the other functions work well, if I click on them they turn yellow and I hear a sound/click, but when I press the --- on the look left/right, etc nothing happens at all.

Hope this helped!

7. DaveLister

DaveLister Ensign

Device: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

Severity: Minor

Type: Not Assignable

Summary: Cannot assign joystick inputs for "Keyboard" commands.

Description: Similar issues to Bollen here. Not sure if bug or WAD, but I would like to assign controller axes as the secondary input for rotation commands under the Keyboard tab. Before Alpha 8 this worked just fine, but now when I hold back the stick, even for several seconds (or try any other axis with the joystick) nothing happens. When under the controller tab, I am able to assign joystick axes to commands, but none of the commands seem to correspond to what I want, which is essentially to be able to pilot a ship with a joystick.

Steps to Reproduce: Attach controller, attempt to assign joystick axis to a rotation command under the Keyboard tab.

simplicity likes this.
  8. CMBeast

CMBeast Ensign

Device : Mouse, Tt esports commander
    Type: Uncontrolled Scrolling of drop down menus
    Summary: When opening a drop down menu it will scroll as soon as I move the mouse pointer over the menu example : P menu of a ship .
    Steps to reproduce: tried logging on too different games and web sites only happens on Empyrion

grg3d likes this.
  9. deathtospam10

deathtospam10 Ensign

Couldn't find a thread for Controllers/Keyboards for hot fix from today 6/17... so, here it goes. - EDIT: moved from original posted thread to here - (Once I found it, lol)

I used to be able to map pitch and yaw for piloting. Now I have to rely on auto "O" to balance out my ship. It works ok I guess, but I still cannot perform a Turn Left/Right when I need to squeeze in to a tight spot.

I only use kb and mouse and cannot assign any key to do just these things.

10. WHM DaddyStu

WHM DaddyStu Lieutenant

I had a lot of controller issues in experimental now i'm down to just the one. I cant seem to arrange my bindings /inversion so that my look up and down when in ship is same as when I get out. Its reversed, so when i get out of my SV i'm looking all over the place like a day1 noob :)

11. Bollen

Bollen Commander

We will definitely need Deadzone and sensitivity settings for controllers, otherwise it's almost impossible to stay still...

12. DataSchmuck

DataSchmuck Ensign

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: unknown

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Minor

Type: Controller Mapping

Summary: Can't map joystick buttons to direction movement, only axis'

Description: In the joystick tab, there are no bindable actions for move forward, move backward, strafe left, or strafe right. The only actions available are "walk" and "strafe" and those only work properly with axis inputs. We need the option to do individual keys as well as a single axis, exactly like how the "roll" action has both "roll left" and "roll right" bindable, but also has an action for "roll left/right" for use with an axis. This was all possible in alpha 7.6.

simplicity likes this.
  13. TE5LA

TE5LA Lieutenant

Version: 8.1.1 1743 Multiplayer
    Device: keyboard
    Type: not assignable
    Mode: Survival
    Map: Tallodar, dedicated server
    Reproducibility: always
    Severity: major
    Steps to Reproduce: Open keybinds, try to assign a key.

Summary: keybinds are blank --- and I am unable to set a keybind for:

Rotate Up
    Rotate Down
    Rotate Right
    Rotate Left
    Control Panel
    Creative Menu
    Primary Action (wouldn't this be left mouse click by default?)
    Secondary Action (wouldn't this be right mouse click by default?)
    Lower Blueprint
    Player Shoulder Light
    Open Radial Menu

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  14. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

same as all the above, Black widow XE SL-6640 unable to bind steering control axis to controller mapping.
    Several options unavailbe for click and map.

Was able to bind roll but not simple turn left and right as done with mouse or arrow keys.

Thrust lever works but pushing it forward goes backward and backward goes forward XD need an invert for that.

Glad to see the controller mapping getting on though, was only aware today that I could use my flight stick.

15. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

I've noticed that I can't even set keyboard/mouse keybinds for functions that have had their binding removed. I can only set a bind to a function that already has another key/button bound to it.

Furious Hellfire likes this.
  16. Furious Hellfire

I had this exact problem also, after say removing the left and right arrow bindings for keyboard, I was not allowed to reassign the original keys or any other, I had to click reset to default.

I had removed them in the hope that it would allow directional control from the stick.

I was happy to find that setting the controller "Walk" function to a thruster handle fully works as a linear thruster control & cruise control allowing choice of speed.
    This makes my boats sooo much better :D

17. chrisu02

chrisu02 Ensign

Hello

Version: 8.5.0 1852

Device: Joystick: Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2

Type: main Axis inverted

Summary: - main axis of the Joystick at the game are inverted, at windows they are correct.

Description: when i move my HV it does move to the opposite sites

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  18. chrisu02

chrisu02 Ensign

Hello

Version: 8.5.0 1852

Device: Joystick: Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2

Type: general wrong Assignment of Joystick ?

Summary:
    The joystick does replace the keyboard instead of the mouse.

Description:
    when Flying at games, normally you have the Keyboard on the left hand and Mouse or Joystick on the right hand.
    But at Empyrion you can not replace the mouse by the Joystick, which would be the correct way to controll a 6DoF vehicle.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Frigidman likes this.
  19. DataSchmuck

DataSchmuck Ensign

Device: Xbox One Wireless Controller

Severity: Major

Type: bindings reset to defaults

Summary: Controller bindings reset to defaults after game restart

Description: After changing controller bindings in the options menu, and then quitting the game, letting the controller disconnect, restarting the game, and turning on the controller, all controller bindings get reset to default. If the controller is turned on right before starting the game, the bindings are remembered. It is only when turning on the controller after the game has been started that the bindings are reset.

I use a combination of mouse/keyboard for on foot, and controller for vehicles, so I don't always remember to connect the controller when I start the game up. This issue did not exist in previous versions of the game. I have always been able to connect the controller after the game had been started and have it remember my custom controller bindings. I think this started after the update that fixed not having to rebind keys after game updates.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Start Game
    2. Turn on Controller
    3. Go to options and set custom binds for controller buttons
    4. Quit Game
    5. Wait for controller to disconnect/shut off
    6. Start game
    7. Wait for main menu to show up
    8. Turn on Controller
    9. Go to options, check custom controller binds
    10. All controller binds are now set back to default.

20. Furious Hellfire

guh i posted in wrong area