Bug Reports 9.1.x - Gameplay [READ INTRODUCTION BEFORE REPORTING!]

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SifVerT

SifVerT Lieutenant

By the way, if you run the scenario you need to create a portal with target: [email protected] - Alien Base:Instance 2 - Alien Base because I have a building placed into the game with the portals on the live server.

2. SifVerT

SifVerT Lieutenant

It's not a new bug, but why must the drone base attacks break permanently if players take out the drone base?

3. CrazyZ

CrazyZ Commander

Not only PVP builds are affected by this. I had to rework the whole cockpit layout on my actual project and it almost ruined my whole design! And I didn´t know that that change was on purpose. I first thought it was my fault and that I´ve missed something. I don´t like it this way, yet another bunch of my blueprints probably unusable.

SilentSooYun and Pear78 like this.
  4. ASTIC

ASTIC Commander

... duplicated Entry in the Localization.csv ... "Start Game," ... ok EWA fix to handle it 1.9.2

5. Daveroski

Daveroski Lieutenant

First let me clarify.
    It doesn't "Break Off."
    It simply is not installed but takes away the one in inventory as though it had done so.

If I am the only one to report this, perhaps I am the only one experiencing it. In which case, I should be looking to home for where the problem lies. I may need a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game.
    I will wait a while to see if anyone else reports this problem or similar.

Regards

D.

6. Javarox87

Javarox87 Commander

Server: Transcendence

Mode: Survival - Build 2137

Weight/Volume: True (at time of this bug report - now turned off)

Custom Playfields: Yes

Report #1)
    Reproducibility: Always

Type: Repair

Summary/Description: Repair Station set to public on all admin structures will not allow input of light armor or T2 drill when Volume/Weight is enabled True in multiplayer.

——————-

Report #2.)
    Reproducibility: Random

Type: Terrain

Summary: CoQ near player filled or drilled terrain.

Description:
    After the 9.1 update several players received a CoQ repeatly when approaching drilled or filled terrain on several different Playfields.
    -Planets were not wiped previosly.
    -Deleting cache on server/client had no effect
    -Attempted Ground Wipe of a planet with issue, no effect.
    -Planets did not have this issue previous to 9.1
    -Terrain will appear to be black where it was altered.
    -Most common occurrence is in/around water.

Reproducible: Unknown - Occurring frequently.

Logs, screenshots Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gpyoAYJkiJ8Tr2q5sFpifHj1wcBcv0z4

-From Console:
    Mesh.normals is out of bounds. The supplied array needs to be the same size as the Mesh.Vertices array. IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range

-From Dedicated Log
    09-20:35:29.318 14_35 -WRN- ClientExc from CId=65, EId=1335012, *****************/=/'********': IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    c2137_at Assembly-CSharp.SelectionSettings.JoinAspect (Assembly-CSharp.LineStackFileContext`1 , Assembly-CSharp.LineStackFileContext`1 , Assembly-CSharp.LineStackFileContext`1 , Assembly-CSharp.LineStackFileContext`1 , Assembly-CSharp.LineStackFileContext`1 , UnityEngine.Mesh , Boolean )

——————-

Report #3.)

Reproducibility: Random

Type: Weight/Volume

Summary: Dropped items can not be picked up in certain situations.
    *most common occurrence: Raw Pentaxid

Description/Reproduce: *Random - V/W on only
    -Player makes mistake by attempting to place item without enough w/v available in backpack or cargo storage.
    -When Player has appropriately connected to WiFi with ample space in cargo storage they still cannot pick up the item.
    -Once the item is picked up by an Admin and re-dropped, the player can then pick up the item.
    -Has occurred now several times.

——————-
    End... *Our save is now very large. Taelyn should have a near current link with enough of the save to examine.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  7. Satyir

Satyir Ensign

Alien containers are still not openable in alien POI- about 40-50% of the time. This happens in all worlds- going back to them later- several days real or game time) seems to sometimes fix it. Another universal problem is the floating debris- usually windows in a diamond shape- or alien containers, or alien gunsa and fuel tanks. None can be opened, but they will obstruct travel

8. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Build and seed 2137, Survival, no other changes.
    Did commands "gm iv" and "map", found some drones. They miss the HUD label to show distance and such. Without it is very difficult to spot. Same in a couple of games started in build 2099 (were OK then). F6 (multiple times) did not switch it on.
    S2137_Drone_Label.jpg

9. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Maybe see it as a bug since space enough for many more POIs, relative to how close some are placed. So seems the "find a spot" algorithm need improvements.

10. Pach

Pach Captain

I could be mistaken, but I believe that's intentional, not a bug.

You used to get a message when you took out the drone base core that the attacks would stop, but not always anymore.

It's so you *can* stop the drone attacks, if you are strong enough to take out the drone base. After a while, they are just annoying...

11. Pach

Pach Captain

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 475312

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow (I add planets; don't know if that counts)

Severity: Trivial

Type: Water

Summary: You can see clearly underwater at the right spot

Description:
    When swimming at/near the surface of the water, it is possible to have a completely clear view of everything underwater, without the "underwater" tint. See screenshots below.

EDIT: It's then possible to swim around at this level, being able to clearly see the bottom, to find specific underwater resources quite easily.

EDIT: I found this in experimental, but the thread was closed before I could post it.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Swim underwater.
    Tap the spacebar to come back to the surface in small increments.
    Just at/near the surface, there is a spot where you are still looking mostly underwater, but it's all clear, as if there were no water there at all.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Screenshot of the "bugged" view:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1620884284

Screenshot of the same view, with one tap "down" ( C key) to get underwater view, same spot:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1620884296

12. spacebuilder

spacebuilder Lieutenant

SEED-ID: 407603

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Major

Type: Blueprint Spawn

Summary: I've been unable to spawn blueprints since 9x

Description: Try to spawn blueprint - get error "You must spawn this object on a Base or Capital Vessel"

Steps to Reproduce: Happens every time when trying to spawn HV or SV

Screenshots:
    upload_2019-1-10_18-30-18.png

Download links: Save Game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZccAMVwcAX7dsmJ_-HfC_wqAzKGswgAf/view?usp=sharing

13. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Not a bug. The error says already what u have to do.

U have GroundedStructureSpawn on

### Enable or disable whether blueprints must be placed on a base or capital vessel when being spawned
    # GroundedStructureSpawn: true

Put it on False > problem solved

CaptKaspar likes this.
  14. spacebuilder

spacebuilder Lieutenant

From the gameoptions.yaml:
    # EnableVolumeWeight: False # default value
    # EnableCPUPoints: False # default value
    # AutoMinerDepletion: True # default value
    GroundedStructureSpawn: False
    # TurretUndergroundCheck: False # default value
    # OriginDefault: Neutral # default value

As you can see it is set to false. I've never touched that parameter/

15. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: Our Grid
    SEED-ID: 1011345

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes - issue occurring on vanilla playfields tho.

Severity: Major

Type: Instances / Gameplay / ... )

Summary: Passengers or "second person to sit down" can't use the Mining Turret, get error message "Weapon Malfunction: Firing Direction Blocked."

Description: Only the "first person to sit down" can run mining turret on CV. If all people get up, then sit again, first to sit down can run mining turrets, other player receive the error.

Steps to Reproduce: Use CV with more than one mining turret. Fly to asteroid, first person begin mining, no problem, second person try to begin, receive the error. Players switch places, always second player cannot use the mining turret.

16. Mad Vic

Mad Vic Lieutenant

new bug.

Having produced my second sv L10 warp capable blueprint, to replace my original tier 1c sv, it took it for a quick spin to Abator's moon.
    On entering the "atomosphere" was greeted with a black field with ?spaceship in the distance.stopped checked instruments I was where I thought I was. descended further altitude dropped still black then a small square of srface appeared along with 3 drones on the radar I started to leave atmosphere a got a POI discovered message for the crashed DSE - was this the ship I saw?. Returned to Abator entierly normal rentry. Havnt yet tried ti repeat Im having lunch.

17. Dramegno

Dramegno Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 696969
    Playfield-seed: 696969

Reproducibility: unknown
    Severity: Disorienting

Type: Playfield Generation

Summary: Asteroid belt is ~80 degrees off of playfield level (when O is pressed) and seemingly everything else

Description: The asteroid belt is almost perpendicular to everything else that I have found. It wraps around near the poles of the planet but the 3 poi's and the one resource asteroid I have found so far seems to orbit at or near playfield level.

Tommyk and CaptKaspar like this.
  18. CaptKaspar

CaptKaspar Ensign

Same problem we are having on our dedicated server. Our issue is also occurring next to water.

19. Pach

Pach Captain

I don't believe this is a bug.

Space around any planet is 360 degrees (and has been for some time, since... A7 or A8?). POIs and resources can be anywhere , not just limited to "the belt". There is also a spherical asteroid belt. It's all random.

It's too easy to find resources if they are always in the same plane!

20. Dramegno

Dramegno Lieutenant

That makes sense to a point though. in the visible asteroid belt, I have a total of 0 resource asteroids, but the 4 points I have discovered so far that I mentioned are pretty much on the same plane approx +/- 1-2 km along the centerline of the planet as viewed when even with the orbital plane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.