Bug Reports 9.1.x - Gameplay [READ INTRODUCTION BEFORE REPORTING!]

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dramegno

Dramegno Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 696969
    Playfield-seed: 696969

Reproducibility: 100%
    Severity: Severe

Type: Reputation

Summary: Rep loss for harvesting plants.

Description: Harvesting plants at least from Growing plots instantly puts you at unfriendly status and subtracts rep from Polaris -99, Talon -10 and add reps to Zirax +25 even if Honored. In the rep menu, there is no entry for harvesting plants under the Polaris section. My theory is that it is registering as block destruction. Also, the normal warning for rep loss is not appearing either.

Steps for Reproduction:
    Load linked save: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TvWHL2l83BnpvzpW80EKwOIYDllVPfuc
    pick plant in front of you.

2. Pach

Pach Captain

It takes 3 points to determine a plane. The fact that your 4th point happens to be close to the same plane doesn't mean a whole lot. :)

I suspect when you start looking outside that plane, you will discover the rest of your asteroids/POIs are scattered randomly in a sphere around the planet (mine always are).

The shape and orientation of the visible/background asteroid belt is completely irrelevant (other than for where it's harder to see the resource asteroids pop up...)

3. Mad Vic

Mad Vic Lieutenant

Update

sp survival temperate starter planet

on reentering the moons "atmosphere" same result. Black screen with small square of surface, on reaching surface roughly 50m of terrain then black with what I assumed were asteroids dotted about. Moving caused terrain to form in front of me although at the same useless range but when the blue dots joined the 2asteroids" I realised these are the stones and pentaxid deposits on the surface of the moon. Any idea whats going on?

4. Mad Vic

Mad Vic Lieutenant

update

reentered again to get you a screen shot

upload_2019-1-11_15-44-23.jpeg

5. CaptKaspar

CaptKaspar Ensign

It needs to be set to: True

6. CaptKaspar

CaptKaspar Ensign

It may not be a bug, but every planet humans have been able to observe IRL has their rings (belts) located around their equator (plane of rotation). So it would make sense to have the ring (asteroid belt) around the equator and not 80 degrees off and near a polar orbit. We know of no planets IRL that have belts around their poles.

A suspension of disbelief may be needed since this is a sci-fi game, but adhering to some aspects of realism would be more immersive IMO.

Tommyk likes this.
  7. Mad Vic

Mad Vic Lieutenant

Another change ?bug is the behavior change in alien insect.

They used to ignore you unless attacked, now Im minding my own buisness often mining with the drone, when Im attacked and I have been killed before I could respond (early in the game). comments

Tommyk likes this.
  8. Echo

Echo Ensign

Mode: Survival

SEED-ID: Any, nothing specific

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility:
    Always

Severity: Major

Type:
    Small Vessel, Hover Vessel, Motorbike

Summary:

AI foot soldiers won't shoot at or engage SV, HV or Motorbikes at all even while the player is driving it.

Description:

With hostile with any faction (tested mostly with Zirax), the foot soldiers won't engage vessels at all making taking over their bases a complete steamroll when piloting an armed one.
    They treat the vessels as if they are invisible to them.

Steps to Reproduce:

Approach a hostile (Zirax tested) foot patrol with any vessel or motorbike.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 4:11 PM
  9. spacebuilder

spacebuilder Lieutenant

Actually Taelyn is correct it should be set to false. The weird thing is in the yaml file it IS set to false, but when I look at the Difficulty settings, Blueprint Spawn Limit is set to True which is causing the problem. I set it to False & spawning now works. I went thru all my backup copies of the yaml file & nowhere is it set to true, yet it shows up as True in Difficulty settings.

Definitely a bug.

10. Dramegno

Dramegno Lieutenant

I have noticed this as well. It appears that the character using any tool/weapon in its range it will get mad and attack don't know if it is intended or not.

11. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Commander

Going to put my 2 cents in this. If this is a standard single player survival game. Then this sounds more like, when you started a new game and set up the Difficulty Setting page You have turned on Blueprint Spawn Limit which is a slider control. Not something you have to edit in a file.
    Edit Disregard I see that you had found the problem :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 4:28 PM
  12. EvilDave

EvilDave Lieutenant

Yeah it's super broken color and texture today even the small mode won't color a single block

13. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    You will need to pick up any Armor locker that is having this & replace them back onto the structure.

The logs you have uploaded do not show anything for this

09-20:35:29.318 14_35 -WRN- ClientExc from CId=65, EId=1335012, *****************/=/'********': IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

All of the folliwing logs in your link do not have anything in them:
    Dedicated_190110-143944-74
    Playfield_190110-143954-10
    Playfield_190110-143957-14
    Playfield_190110-144020-62
    Playfield_190110-144249-12
    Playfield_190110-145614-85
    Playfield_190110-150305-69
    Playfield_190110-160053-10

Please make sure when supplying log files that they have atleast been opened 1 time or you shut the server down first then make a copy of them.

Is this error in the Dedicated_190110-143944-74 log on your end ?

Concerning your save game what Steam id do I need to load into or can it be triggered by loading in with a new character ?
    Is there atleast 1 location (planet name & coordinates) where this triggers if I go there ?

Edit: when trying to do any mining or go near any deposits or water or POI's & other player bases in the save game I was sent which is from 30/12/2018 nothing happens.

Can you send me a new copy of where the save is upto now & tell me where this can atleast sometimes happen (planet name & coordinates) & what I need to do when I am there.
    Thanks.

Javarox87 likes this.
  14. Gadher

Gadher Ensign

We decided to build a base inside a mountain. On random we get teleported fair up in the air above the base. Parachutes NOT included. Never experienced this before.

15. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Oi! o_O
    Seems the "King under the Mountain" does not like off-Worlders:D

Pach likes this.
  16. Gadher

Gadher Ensign

Tried to clear the server cache, didn't work. Our base is a random catapult into space. The first few times it was funny. 10 broken legs later, not so much :p

Germanicus likes this.
  17. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Please supply the save game with your character left close to the base this happens with & a note to say which is your steam id in the players file for me to look into it.
    Thanks.

Germanicus likes this.
  18. Javarox87

Javarox87 Commander

@Pantera Apologies for the bad link. When I do the next server backup tonight I will get the current save to you with the logs and scenario. It is happening to multiple players on multiple planets in multiple locations. The screenshots from one of our admins was on Lumus.

19. Gadher

Gadher Ensign

So, does that mean zip down the game folder on the server and send you or? It's not something unique to just my character on the server, happen to my friends too.

20. Politary

Politary Ensign

New cockpit change works really bad.
    After exiting a ship on flat surface, i clip inside blocks so i have to enter the ship again, exit it, and only then i appear on free space near my ship's cockpit. On elevation or in space it's even worse and nearly impossible to exit the ship without jetpack manipulations and moving the ship to flat surface.
    To be honest, i don't see any problems with the way it worked before.

Tommyk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.