Bug Reports: Alpha 4.0.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    AHEAD of reporting ANY bug, please read through these two pinned topics:

1. READ FIRST - CLEAN INSTALL+ possible fix for blueprints not loading
    2. READ FIRST - Important for SERVER OWNERS, ADMINS and PLAYERS!!

=========================

Please post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

2. simplicity

simplicity Ensign

Mode: (Both)

SEED-ID: (759511631)

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Summary: Cannot change back to Survival

Description: Started a new game in survival, after crash landing, switched to Creative (so I could load my old base) - Decided to do something else before loading base so switched back to Survival. (yes I rebooted game between switching)
    Even tho it says "Survival" in the load game screen, when I get back into the game I am still in Creative.
    At this stage of the game I had only got the stuff out of the pod, nothing else.

Steps to Reproduce: Load new game in survival, switch to Creative, then try switching back to Survival.

3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

What do you mean with "switch" ?
    A) Trying to convert a survival game to Creative and back?
    B) Or just starting surival -> back to main menu -> start a new creative game -> back to main menu -> resume the survival game?

--> A) will lead to broken savegames as CREATIVE and SURVIVAL are technically different in many ways.

4. Perry

Perry Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

SEED-ID: 745432

If applicable:

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Crash)

Summary: Game has crashed numerous while hunting to training

Description: game freezes goes to white screen asks to get out or wait

Steps to Reproduce: launch game

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: I did do a complete remove and reinstall

5. simplicity

simplicity Ensign

Sorry yes, (A) - I used the "changemode" command to "switch" between them... - My bad... - Maybe for idiots like me you need a little warning "warning this will break your game" when using that command LOL
    Sorry for reporting something that wasn't a bug...

6. jccpsc

jccpsc Lieutenant

Hello
    From what i have read it seams to be a nice update, but I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT, and can't cause the game simply crashes to Windows all the time and it's random crashes. (With NO internal error message) It hapens on Multi player as on single player.
    The only crash that is not random is when i try to go to Player Setup from main menu, it crashes imidiatly, i even deleted the all game folder including the saved game folder and downloaded again from steam and the problem remains.
    I have a Core I3 2100 at 3100 GHz , 8 gbs of mem, graphics AMD Radion HD 6670, Windows 10 64 bits up to date and this game had no problems at all before this update 4.0.
    Please fix it fast cause i love this game.
    Cheers
    JCC
    Edit 01: I launched the previous verssion and there went to the player Setup and changed the charater to female and then on the 4.0 vertion, going to the player Setup will no longer crash, but in game still crashes randomly.

Edit 02: On a server HWS, the game crashed me several times , randomly, and the last time when i try to get back ther it crashes imidiatly before i enter the playfield.

This crash report i'm sending you was on single player.

Attached Files:

7. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

Three questions:
    1) What is your video card?
    2) Do you have the latest drivers installed?
    3) have you tried doing a clean install of the game?

8. 586rick

586rick Ensign

Mode: Survival
    SERVER NAME: None
    SEED-ID:160103 (Any seed I put will do the same thing)

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Crash

It happens when I press tab to see my inventory almost every time and sometimes when I get on the bike or Vessels.
    My Pc Might not be the best but since I bought the game I never have problem with it, its only with alpha 4. so here my DirectX info because when it crash it says that the display driver stop working.

Attached Files:

9. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

I'm afraid I don't know AMD very well, so I don't know if there are any issues with Empyrion and your AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series card. What I do see is that the driver appears to be from last year. I'd recommend seeing if there is an update for your driver.

10. Gwydion5

Gwydion5 Lieutenant

Mode : Creative and Survival
    Reproducibility : Always
    Severity : Major
    Versions : 3.4.1 to 4.0.658

Summary :
    All thrusters for the CV's continue to consume power when they are not active from the control panel for the ship. If I go in to the control panel for the CV and uncheck the "active" box for the thrusters or groups for thrusters the power consumption stays the same. If I then leave the control panel and remove the thruster with the multi-tool or delete it from creative mode and go back in to the control panel the power consumption changes.

Description :
    This issue has been documented on the forums and reproduced without fail. Here is a video a short 5 minute video that demonstrates the problem perfectly.

http://empyriononline.com/threads/cv-power-consumption.7616/#post-71915

This issue has had two bug tickets (8398 and 8575) that I have submitted personally. With the release of 4.0.658 I have deleted all previous save games, uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game, verified the game cache, created both survival and creative game types, built the CV using the steps below, observed the bug still happening. exited the game and verified the game cache.

Steps to Reproduce :

1. Place a Capital Vessel Starter Block.
    2. Place any generator. Preferably a Small T1 or Large T1 as that will fit on the 3x3x1 platform.
    3. Place any fuel tank. Preferably a T2 or T3.
    4. Place 1 Extra Large Thruster on the ship.
    5. Go in to the Control Panel for the ship.
    6. Power on the ship and write down the energy consumption.
    7. Select the "Thruster Extra Large" component from the control panel and uncheck the Active Box. Write down energy consumption. If unchanged proceed to step 8. If changed, delete game files, reinstall to public build and start at step 1 again.
    8. Exit the Control Panel. Use the multi-tool or delete in creative mode to remove the "Thruster Extra Large" from the CV.
    9. Go into the Control Panel for the ship and write down the energy consumption.

I'm not sure what else I can do to help you guys resolve this problem. But it's a big issue for those of us who want to make ships using the regular, large and extra large thrusters.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Gatt likes this.
  11. 586rick

586rick Ensign

Everything has been update and there is no more update I am at the latest Driver witch I found weird I never had problem before and its the only game that is doing this. Thanks for the info I"ll check if there is something I can do in my end.

12. Patwar

Patwar Commander

SERVER NAME: FR Brigades (but not important, i think)
    completly new install server with SteamCMD 530870

SEED-ID: 696969 on Omicron only (playfield copied from Desert to Desert0)

If applicable:

Severity: Don't know yet

Summary:

Description:
    Moving tests on Omicron.
    When moving west on Omicron in GODMODE, the famous windows appears (continue or quit and mail)
    With 3.4.2 and default seed, we had a impossibility to play on Omicron and we was unable to reconnect.
    So i made tests with an other seed.

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Commented client log :

6595:IOCR, ID_OPEN_CONNECTION_REQUEST
    20-18:38:06.315 -LOG- Starting Client game
    20-18:38:08.671 -LOG- Loading playfield 'Omicron'
    20-18:38:09.140 -LOG- Playfield 'Omicron' with seed 696969 loaded.
    20-18:38:09.141 -LOG- EAC: OnStateChanged: Connection - Connection lost to EAC backend.

This is normal. I TP from Akua with EAH before connect server :
    20-18:38:11.175 -WRN- Entity 'Patwar' with id=3036 on pos=(-1251.7, 70.4, 106.9) is out of the playfield, reposition it

20-18:38:11.640 -LOG- EAC: OnStateChanged: Connection - Connected to EAC backend.

GODMODE, Flying quickly on random direction and window appears :
    20-18:40:17.886 -EXC- System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Assembly-CSharp.ConditionTable.CopyConfig (GroupManager , Int32 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.ConditionTable.AllocateComponent (Single , Single , System.Collections.Generic.List`1& , System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.MemorySet.DisableToolbox (Vector3 , Assembly-CSharp.AssemblyList ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.MemorySet.TestPlugin (Vector3 , System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.MemorySet.TestNode (Vector3 , System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.MemorySet.PrintEmulator (Assembly-CSharp.DialogEventArgs ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.SolutionDesigner.ConnectForm (System.Object ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I shutted down server :
    The server has disconnected from the client. Most likely the server has shut down.
    (Filename: Line: 762)
    20-18:43:33.979 -LOG- Playfield saving
    20-18:43:33.989 -LOG- Unloading playfield 'Omicron'

13. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

May i ask you to send the LOG folder and the Client.log files of the players affected over to support.empyriongame.com ? Thx a lot! :)

14. Patwar

Patwar Commander

Hello,
    Before i want to make other tests with default seed and a modified seed.

My server is a windows seven64 pro with lot of ram and a eight core AMD proc FX.

I took 5mn to watch dedicated log and playfields log and i didn't see anything curious.
    Client side problem ? (I should reinstall client side to test...)

I will see it tomorrow evening and send what you want after.

15. jeffpruner

jeffpruner Ensign

Single player
    Survival
    no play field changes
    Crashes when i hit tab or try to use player setup only started to happen since patch tried clean install everything that has been posted so far nothing helps the problem even tried a mp game same problems.
    I have no logs just an empty folder

16. Shapebuilder

Shapebuilder Lieutenant

Hi,

I have similar problem with the game crash - unable to join multiplayer server (HWS EU). I always get CoQ before I enter the game (no more - see edit note). I play on HP notebook with graphic card ATI Radeon HD6550.

EDIT: After I restarted my notebook I was able to connect to multiplayer. Now I get CoQ in game (I see terrain, see radar, etc.) - (will attach the mail info tomorrow - really need to go to bed).
    As my notebook has 2 graphic cards I switched to slow Intel graphics and keep getting the CoQ. So probably not a graphic card problem.
    Joining another server which I havent been ever connected to before is without problems.

Single player:
    Entering backpack causes white screen and driver reset. After I try open backpack - windows info icon with info that graphic driver had a problem and was successfully reseted. But the game window is completely white. I can hear sounds from the game, but I can see only the white color.
    As my notebook has 2 graphic cards I switched to slow Intel graphics and everything works fine - I am able to open backpack without any problems. Switching to ATI, I cant open backpack - driver reset. All tested in new 4.0 singleplayer game.

Similar problem is with menu > Player setup - clicking on it causes driver reset (ATI graph. card)

And yes, my driver is the latest one (at least Windows auto update function says so).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  17. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Frigidman likes this.
  18. Perry

Perry Ensign

I found they normally dont write the game to run both, but for Intell.

19. Nugscree

Nugscree Ensign

SERVER NAME: Local
    SEED-ID: 742243

Severity: Major

Summary: The gamma is to damn high!

Description: The gamma is way to high even on brightness set to -60. Sunglasses are needed to pley the game now. Although I look great with sunglasses, it does look a bit silly wearing them in front of my computer screen.

Steps to Reproduce: Start/load any new game/savegame.

Screenshots:

In base:
    20161020230842_1.jpg

In base lights off
    20161020231141_1.jpg

Outside (night)
    20161020230855_1.jpg

Outside night (brightness -60)
    20161020231034_1.jpg

Outside daytime
    20161020231410_1.jpg

Inside a vehicle
    20161020231539_1.jpg

other Relevant Information:
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Graphics card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
    Driver Version: 10.18.13.5891

The pc has all the latest updates and the graphics card is running on the latest drivers.

20. Perry

Perry Ensign

I have same issue
    1) AMD 6570 (Up todate and runs far more complex game)
    2) Yes
    3) Yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.