Bug Reports: Alpha 4.0.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solarix

Solarix Ensign

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: -/-
    SEED-ID: -/-

Reproducibility:Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary:
    Blueprint bringt beim Speichern den Fehler im Debug-Fenster: Block count for Block 647 exeeded: allowed 6, used 35
    Das Blueprint ist rot mir Hinweis: (enthält verbotenen Block oder falsche Version)

Description: Nachdem man 35 Pulslaser installiert hat und das Blueprint speichert, kommt obige Fehlermeldung im Debugfenster. Wenn man die Laser wieder entfernt, bleibt beim Laden des Blueprints die Fehlermeldung + roter Hinweis bestehen.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Mehr als 6 Pulslaser einbauen und das CV als Blueprint speichern.
    2. Pulslaser komplett entfernen und Blueprint speichern.
    3. Fehlermeldung + roter Hinweis bleibt bestehen-

2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Intentional.

3. DaMunch

DaMunch Ensign

I can't access weapons on while driving standard CV2. I think I've loaded correct ammo, but maybe I'm just stupid. When I say correct ammo, I've loaded some of each type I can produce.

Second bug one was a big one though, and one I know was in the game and not me. I started flying my CV, got about 200m off the ground and realized I needed O2. Hit "f" and instead of staying in ship, my toon appeared out of the ship and fell to the ground. So I commit suicide to get back in ship as it was too high. When I respawned, I was in ship. I had no control of my toon however. Instead of staying where he was in the clone chamber, my toon moved to where he died. Once he got back to that spot, I regained control. I did this several times with the same result each time.

4. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Since pre-alpha, at least.

5. Patwar

Patwar Commander

Hello,

I found a small bug.
    When putting a LCD screen on the ground of base, if we land with SV a bit fast, the SV go a little bit inside and it's impossible to go out.
    Using SV with docking pad.

When using standard landing gear, no problems.

6. Danny

Danny Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Seed ID: x
    Reproducibility: always
    Severity: Major ?
    Summary: T3 auto miner gathering ore and ore vein not depleting. T3 auto miner gathering ore on Empty ore veins.

Description: Placing a t3 auto miner on a ore vein and leave it to mine and the ore vein stays at 100%

7. cchargin

cchargin Lieutenant

Mode: Creative and Survival

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: 1111

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Summary: You can accidentally disable turrets with mouse wheel

Description: If you scroll the mouse wheel down while in a turret the ammo counter disappears and you can't fire the turret. You can still move the turret. You can re-enable the turret by scrolling the mouse wheel up until the ammo counter reappears.

Steps to Reproduce: Get in turret (HV,SV,CV) and scroll the mouse wheel down

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  8. cchargin

cchargin Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: 1111

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Minor

Summary: Base turrets engage drones at different distances depending on if player is near

Description:
    When I am at my base and a drone attack wave comes in, the cannon turret will engage the drones at about 350 meters. If I am far away from the base the cannon turret will only engage the drones at near point blank range.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Build a base with a turret and wait for a drone attack wave. Stay at base until drones come and cannon will start shooting when drones are about 350 meters away. Usually destroying them all without taking any damage.
    Travel far away from your base and wait for a drone attack. Travel back to base while combat is in progress or after combat has finished and the dead drones will all be immediately around (within 20 meters) or on top of your base. The turret will also have taken damage.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:
    So far only tested with a cannon turret. Difficulty was set to medium.

9. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

Mode: Creative and Survival

Server Name: Any
    Seed-ID: Any

Severity: minor

Summary: Spooky Spotlight Optics

Description:
    Place an SV/HV spotlight.
    Place a flat window block in front of it; you can see the light on, and the light illuminates past the window.
    Replace the flat window block with a curved window block; you can see the light on BUT the light does NOT illuminate past the window! Strange optics there!

Now...replace the curved window block with a solid steel block and you have spooky optics at a distance; you can NOT see the spotlight (obviously) BUT the spotlight illuminates past the solid steel block! In the pic the spotlight is buried three steel blocks back from the front between the two gatlings.

Spooky Optics.jpg

10. Salmack

Salmack Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

SEED-ID: (2309115)

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes but did not effect it prior to patch

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Title: PvE still allows PvP

Description: I am using the standard Temperate template being set to PvE and we are still able to attack and destroy other peoples items. Nothing was changed since the patch and it all worked as intended.

11. Skulky

Skulky Ensign

Server Name: Any
    Seed-ID: Any

Severity: minor

Summary: Object Cloning

Description:
    Found this while playing with the new patch. I moved my equipped object to my motor bike on accident while in the survival constructor. When i closed it out I picked up my survival constructor and placed my motor bike down. I noticed it was double when being placed. The other object is not accessible and the other one is. But the object still stays there while I drive the real one. Only works with Motorcycle I noticed so far as I just started playing with the new patch as the other version kept crashing on me. NewGame_7_2016-10-22_15-31-54.png NewGame_4_2016-10-22_15-15-56.png

vinurd likes this.
  12. Slipstream

Slipstream Captain

If I may, why is this intentional? If I have two people in my faction, Mary and Bob, and Mary discovers a PoI, Bob is informed and it is on their map. Bob should not be able to discover the same PoI, nor should Mary, who already has it on their map, be told that Bob found the PoI she's already found.

13. Gray

Gray Commander

not a bug. right now an auto miner generates ore out of thin air (just like an 02 generator doesn't deplete a lake ;) ). can you still set an AMD on a completely empty deposit (= no marker)?

it seems like a bug because the POI has already been found by someone else, even if someone who wasn't in the faction at that point discovers is. best way would probably be to save POIs per faction (so when you join a faction you get all their "POI Knowledge" or suppress the announcement if someone else has already discovered it like a "silent update").

14. Gray

Gray Commander

I assume it's intentional due to how POIs are saved. iirc in 3.x if someone discovers a POI it's visible for everyone, even people who create a character later. now with faction limited discovery it doesn't stay discovered, so when someone new finds and old POI he/she doesn't have on the map already the discovery triggers another broadcast.

not really a bug, but to "fix" it the game would either keep discovery's per faction and update new players or new players don't announce already known POIs to other members (even if it's new for them).

either way more stuff needs to be saved server side, previously it was basically "discovered = true" per POI, now it would need to be saved for every faction individually.

15. Gray

Gray Commander

you need to access turrets on CVs via the console.

as for the staying in the ship, if it still moves you won't move with the ship and this get dropped (that's the reason passengers need to be in a seat and SV/HV need to be docked) - you simply can't move around on a moving ship.

16. Gray

Gray Commander

I think windows are fixed in 0663, the T1 prefab SV has a curved window in front of a spotlight and shining it through corners/curves illuminates everything behind it.

light bleeding through solid blocks happens with every light and is probably a side effect of the new lightning system (and one of the reason certain areas appear overly bright with light adding where it shouldn't and textures being more reflective).

17. Gray

Gray Commander

that's not really a bug. the auto updater doesn't update alpha blocks (since alpha blocks shapes are set per block, a simple conversion would leave a mess), if it even works on POIs which I doubt - and almost all POIs are still using alpha blocks, so they keep their old values.

@hummel

I wouldn't actually mind updating some of the POIs to the new blocks (my OCD is making my fingers itch whenever I see a "Hull (Cube)" in the multitool :oops:) , and there are probably others as well.
    so could you ask the devs to either tell us how they save BPs with forbidden blocks (like an alien core) or give us an option to create those BPs (maybe a command toggle we have to activate to disable the restriction check when saving)?

while you guys are giving us more info in 4.1, would it also be possible to a) see/change the groupname and b) let us spawn prefabs directly without having them to copy to the blueprint folder (since it doesn't work for every blueprint, CV_Hyperion.ebp doesn't show up for example)?

or simply release the converter the devs use if they use another program to create blueprints. :D

18. Havenox

Havenox Ensign

hey hey, huge problem with the mining devices!! Anyone can multool other ppl devices.. Even on PVE pf. You guys need to fix it fast, please =/

19. Zed283

Zed283 Ensign

20. CirrusMajor

CirrusMajor Commander

Mode: Menu

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity:MAjor

Summary: Connection failed when connecting to a server
    DEscription: Whenever I try to connect to any dedicated server the game gives me a box with the connection err/xonnection failed dialogue. After that no more server will load in on the server list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.