Bug Reports: Alpha 4.2.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morse

morse Ensign

Hmm... Ok, now I would like to ask for a better tutorial/help system :)

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  2. G.Metzel

G.Metzel Lieutenant

Mode: Creative, Survival

SERVER NAME: GER AKMG Community Server
    SEED-ID: -

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Summary: Objekte die weit entfernt vom Starterblock gebaut wurden, können weder von Geschütztürmen, noch von Zielsuchenden Waffen korrekt erfasst werden.

Description: Auf dem Server "GER AKMG Community Server" nutzt seit einiger Zeit eine Gruppe von Spielern einen Fehler aus der es ihnen erlaubt ohne Gegenwehr durch Geschütztürme/Zielsuchende Waffen die Community regelrecht zu belästigen. PvP ist wenn man diesen Bug nicht nutzt/nutzen will kaum mehr möglich. Dazu wird ein Starterblock eines SV/CV/HV platziert und eine Linie von Blocks gezogen z.B. 50 bis 100 Blöcke entfernt das eigentliche Objekt gebaut wird. Nach dem dieses Objekt z.B. aus der Fabrik heraus erstellt wurde entfernt man einfach die Linie von Blöcken(falls das nicht vorher schon geschehen ist) und den orginalen Starterblock. Das zurückbleibende SV/CV/HV wird nun nicht mehr durch Geschütztürme oder Zielsuchwaffen erfasst, diese Zustand änder sich auch nicht durch das ändern des Spielfeldes, oder neustart des Spiels/Servers. Das ganze wird auch in einem Beitrag im General Forum einen Monat vorher beschrieben(Link ganz unten.)

Steps to Reproduce: Einfach der Berschreibung folgen, zum testen habe ich dafür ein billiges SV(Anhang) erstellt, welches man dazu nutzen kann. Einfach mit der Fabrik bauen und den alten orginalen Starterblock entfernen.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

"CV combat test with surprise ending/ possibility to make stealth ship/ NPC aiming priorities." http://empyriononline.com/threads/c...make-stealth-ship-npc-aiming-priorities.7584/

20161106175455_1.jpg
    20161106181636_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Or alternatively, perhaps read the Tool's Mouse-Over Info Box... all of it? :p

4. Dark_Star

Dark_Star Lieutenant

Mode: ( Survival)

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:
    (876997)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Akua

Reproducibility: (Always,)
    Severity: (Minor)

Summary: depleted magnesium not replace with metor fall

Description: over 3 hours of game play with replacement of magnesium ore Empyriom no magnesium.jpg

Steps to Reproduce:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Ambaire

Ambaire Commander

Bug: Block type 'Wall' has full-sized collision mesh. It should have a collision mesh that matches its visible size. I have made an ultra small SV for the purpose of more easily doing certain POIs, 3 wide 2 high, and I tried putting some walls along the sides for extra protection but it can't fit thru a 1 block wide space anymore even though it looks less wide than the opening.
    [​IMG]

6. cchargin

cchargin Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: 7

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Trivial

Summary: SV does not maintain attitude when it is partially resting on terrain and no pilot is inside.

Description:
    I hopped out of my SV to loot a couple of drones. The SV was at a slight angle so it drifted forward into the hillside. When the nose touched the hillside the rear of the SV then started to pitch down. When the rear of the SV pitched down far enough it then slid down the hill. I had to run down the hill to catch my runaway SV.

The pitching only happens when the SV is powered and no pilot is inside. If a pilot is in the SV then it does not pitch at all when the nose is resting on terrain. As soon as the pilot gets out then it pitches, sometime quite fast.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Rest the nose of an SV on terrain (like a hillside), then get out of the SV.

7. Dilli

Dilli Lieutenant

Meteorites don't fall in single player, only MP.

8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

I am sorry i can not reproduce it with current in-development 4.3 (maybe fixed). Please have a look if you can send me screenshots of the situation.

Sturm Panzer and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Hummel-o-War

please send me the savegame > support.empyriongame.com THX!

10. Hummel-o-War

Intentional / not available in SP

11. Blackwing

Blackwing Lieutenant

Multiplayer PVP playfield (HWS EU)

You still didn't have completly fixed the "our own structures spawned by our own BP shooting at each others..." Right now faction structures won't shoot at our privates ones but our privates ones still shoot at our faction ones.

Easy to test : spawn 2 bases private by default in a pvp playfield, try to put one in your faction, the private will shoot at it even it's your own structures...

Thanks

12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

But they do show up in Creative mode. I was 'cycling day/night' with the god tool in my Creative game, and I saw a shower of meteorites in the distance. I super speed ran (ctrl key) over, and was saddened that no craters were made by the falling balls of fire ;)

13. Hummel-o-War

The DECO meteorites or the RESOURCE meteorites? DECO = available in SP and MP, but do not add resources (just visuals on Omicron f.ex).

@Dilli > or did you mean the DECO meteorites?

14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Sorry, "Deco". When I saw "shower" I thought it was talking about that effect. Whereas a single meteorite is just that, one streak and hits and is a big hunk to mine out.

15. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

HANGER DOORS Going Into "Guillotine" Mode When Parking Ships In BA or on CV!

Mode: Survival. Creative not tested
    Location: Singleplayer, Dedicated Server. Peer2Peer Coop not tested

SERVER NAME: All

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Minor

Summary: Hanger Door closes/opens rapidly on ships making game difficult to play. Door needs longer close timer / larger detect radius.

Description: When moving a ship through a Hanger Door in either direction, the door may close too soon, which starts a wild opening/closing stutter sequence which does not harm the door or ship but renders the game nearly unplayable until you can figure a way to get far enough away from the door to stop the affair. Happens on bases, CV parked on planets or in space - location does not seem tied to the effect.

Steps to Reproduce: Fly ship up to hanger door block, it opens, try to fly through, most of the time door does not wait long enough for ship to clear the door and melee ensues.

Thank you.

16. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

That's what you get for cheating! :p:D

17. Dark_Star

Dark_Star Lieutenant

Resource

Tyrax Lightning and Ambaire like this.
  18. Ambaire

Ambaire Commander

They need to improve the enemy AI a lot... Due to the delicate flight mechanics of that SV, I frequently found myself sideways or upside down on the floor with nightmares crawling on the top but they never attacked my ship.

19. Ambaire

Ambaire Commander

What they need to do is implement a wait time after a hangar door has opened before it may attempt to close, and if a ship is detected within the activation distance after the wait time ends, do the wait time again.

20. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

IMHO whatever it is they do for Vehicle Detection for Hangar Doors needs to be changed to the Hangar Door seeing & reacting to the entire Bounding Box or something.

Till then, possible band aid fix: Try turning your CV/Base off then ordering the Doors to open Manually & cause of no power they can't re-auto-close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.