Bug Reports: Alpha 4.2.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Absolutely - if you are not ripping through that opening, you can get all sorts of bound up in "the chopper" and it's quite annoying because the camera angle goes all nuts too. lol The detect area should be clear for a few seconds before the close.

This would be another good candidate for my suggestion on Manual Doors - if we could turn off Active mode on the door, you could leave the doors open while in a safe area / zone and just close when needed - I would like to see both the delay after no zone detect and manual use allowed really.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Yeah, enemy AI is extremely rudimentary. Pac-man ghosts have better AI.

Also I had a similar experience with the "credit card" I built to do POIs.

3. Ambaire

Ambaire Commander

Before they do that tho, they need to let us power stuff on/off and adjust lights etc without having to go through the control menu. Figuring out which light x is from 80 in a random POI is NOT fun.

e. made a thread in suggestions

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I dont see why they should forgo doing a more useful checkbox option for a door in lieu of that.

Especially when you can already turn your whole base/ship on off using a single keypress.

Especially when you can already look at the light you want to edit, then open control panel. The light block will be the one selected to make changes too.

5. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

I stand on the ship and use my drone, fly up to a light and hit P - as long as it is not in the unclassified section or whatever it's called, you can get right to it to manage that pesky light! Else get it into the Lights group and you should be able to hit the one you're after that way.

6. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Still works even if its not in a group. You just have to aim at any block that has a control panel entry, and it is the block that is selected when you open the control panel. @LiftPizzas I think was the one who found that cool undocumented feature.

7. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Do you have a savegame where i could test the situation in? > support.empyriongame.com

8. Dilli

Dilli Lieutenant

My comment was a statement to Dark Star, the post above mine, not a bug report. I am aware that resource meteorites don't appear in SP and am fine with that :D

9. zulu200

zulu200 Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A (Private server)
    SEED-ID: 2008794

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary:

Color dialog rendered unusable by "wrong" usage of LCD blocks.

Description:

If one chooses to close the control panel while selecting a color for the LCD block a CoQ occurs.
    This happens every time a color is picked in the "Choose color" dialog (e.g. Color Tool).

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use a LCD-Screen block ("Control panel" opens).
    2. Select any (Text or Background) color option ("Choose color" dialog opens).
    3. Close the control panel.
    4. Select a color -> CoQ.

4.1 Select "Continue".
    4.2 Equip a Color Tool, Right-Click for Choose Color dialog.
    4.3 Select a color -> CoQ.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:
    Screenshots: None, but I could easily provide any, if needed.

Other relevant information:
    If you use the LCD in the right manner (Open LCD, setting Background color and THEN closing the control panel), will remove this hick-up and the Choose color dialog will be usable again, e.g. with the color tool.

10. zulu200

zulu200 Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A (Private server)
    SEED-ID: 2008794 (also 2309115 in Alpha 3.4.2)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unable/Unknown
    Severity: Major

Summary:

Timers of several entities become "bugged" -> very high.

Description:

After a server restart, timers of for example: (growable) plants or H2O2-Generators are set to very high values (maybe an overflow?).
    (afaik also AMDs are affected)
    Removing/re-seating growing plots (and/or growing lights) or promethium cells does not change this behavior.

Steps to Reproduce:

DontKnow. Sorry.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:
    Screenshots: This H2O2 Generator says it will run for over 6 hours without any promethium-cell, but the next bottle will not be dispensed before the next >16.000 seconds. :(
    20161105192406_1.jpg 20161105192418_1.jpg

Other relevant information:
    1.1 Picking up the H2O2 and (re-)placing it fixes this behavior.
    1.2 But growing plots remain bugged (afaik), and e.g. an Akua Berry Bush (near our base) still (after 3 sessions of over 1h per session) has no fruits.

2. Note that this occured in parallel to our faction getting bugged as well -> [???] Faction tag.
    We can neither change our faction, nor leave it (and therefore create a new one) -> CoQ.

3. Our server is hosted by nitrado.

Could not describe this problem any better at the moment, but this bug occurs (at least) since Alpha 3.4.2.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  11. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

I will try to get that out to you tonight!

12. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Lieutenant

I'm not surprised, as it's occurrence is pretty rare. I'll make sure to print it if I ever witness it again. I haven't logged in 4.3 yet. Thanks anyways.

13. Splicer

Splicer Lieutenant

I can confirm this bug happened to me as well on Oscutune. I didnt shoot it down in time and crashed into it, causing internal error, however didnt kick me out.

14. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Lieutenant

Same issue, with long ships.( like SV Prefab Tier 3 )

Attached Files:

15. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Lieutenant

Aye, noticed too. The WALL is thin in appearance but occupies the whole cube as it were full. If you'll place them on the bottom, you'll notice that the ship won't touch the floor anymore even un-powered. It's not an actual bug, it's just that the physical polygon is not correlated to the visual object, as it is using the CUBE polygon as far as ship-to-ship or ship-to-base interaction is concerned.

16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

This also means that if ya place Thin Walls up against the bottom of your Ship, & in that same layer place Landing Pads, the Landing Pads cannot Dock onto other stuff because the Thin Walls jam its capability to do so.

Sturm Panzer likes this.
  17. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Wasn't there a bug update to fix the 'engine audio popping/ticking'? Why does it seem like its back. Was it never really gone? Hmm.

18. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

The missing face issue is pretty easy to reproduce.. at least for me anyway. In creative, drop a CV starter block, then put a 90 degree angle block on top, and then put another 90 degree angle block on top of the first., the last block you place should be missing a face. Will verify tonight on 4.3.

19. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

I feel like I've had this issue from the get-go. I still get pops and clicks whenever a sound starts and stops. I chalked it up to my PC, but if others hear it too, then maybe there is hope. Worth mentioning I hear it most when using headphones, analog or digital. It's audible through external speakers too, but just barely.

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

This game is the only one I really hear audio pops, and a whole lot of them. I hear them the most while my ship (or co-op's ship) is flying and changing thrust... its pretty bad. I thought I read patch notes they fixed this, trying to find the thread now, but my searches are coming up balls. So no its not just you ;) Seems like its worse, or I'm imagining its worse, or maybe my tolerance is wearing thin and I'm being more complaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.