Bug Reports: Alpha 4.3.1

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kane Hart, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralSnackbar

Hi Devs,

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 579781

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility:Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Whenever I move around I can see white pixels across the area and it appears to happen between texture seams. It is almost similar to snow artifacts when you have a faulty graphics card, but it only happens in Empyrion GS. The menu and skybox is fine, but the ground and some building textures are "glithcy". The white pixels are too organized to be a graphics card fault. Also no other games are behaving like this so I think its safe to assume my card is fine.

Description: My card: AMD R9 290. AMD driver version: 16.9.2. Display settings is set to "Best" quality (Max everything). See attached screenshot of glitch. I have Googled the issue and haven't seen a thread about this so I don't know if this is a known "alpha" issue or that I'm the only one having this issue... :? It's not a major bug, but it's annoying enough to make me focus on it all the time which is sort of ruining the fun :<

Steps to Reproduce: Run around with eyes open.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: The screenshots might not look that bad, but the dots move around in that line while playing which catches your eye.

Zalantrius_2016-11-20_14-09-02.png
    Zalantrius_2016-11-20_14-09-51.png

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

I have been seeing this alot also. Even on the latest experimental Alpha 4.4 (Build 724)

I was going to make a video but it doesn't always happen for me just some times.
    GPU: GTX 970

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. FuzzBuzzPutty

FuzzBuzzPutty Lieutenant

Mode: Creative

Was building a POI for the special section and noticed something very weird when I spawned it from the blueprint.
    It currently looks like this. NewGame_13_2016-11-06_13-01-30.png
    But when I spawn it it looks like this. NewGame_15_2016-11-06_12-55-43.png Could someone try spawning the blueprint in creative mode to see if it happen on their computer? I don't want to just give up on this POI.
    Was really excited about it until this happened. I've tried making new blueprints from the original but it does the same.

Attached Files:

4. Neonin

Neonin Captain

Only minor as I know textures are still a WiP but the rounded blocks have some weird glitches on them with the armour texture:

textureproblems.png

5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

This is an issue with the projectiles i think (different for Planet and Space) We need to find a solution.

6. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

.rar & some other File Types are not Supported by the Site's File Uploader, ya gotta zip'em into a .zip file then Upload that.

Aka Immersion Breaking. Totally fair. :(

Does look like something uncool is happening with the Rendering Code in the game.

I recognize this Bug. It appears to be a previously defeated Bug back from the grave. :eek:

Sturm Panzer likes this.
  7. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Lieutenant

*Facepalm* Why d'n I think of that ? I knew I uploaded before just d'n remembered ... Thanks a lot.

8. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Lieutenant

Aye, just noticed myself. Confirmed on mine and my wife's machine 5 minutes ago.

9. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Lieutenant

Same for landing gears ... there could be some interesting toys made by placing them sideways or upwards. As far as I remember that was possible some time ago ... Just can't understand why they were " neutered " .

10. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Mode: Creative
    Reproducibility: Haven't tried
    Severity: Trivial.

Summary: Graphical bug
    Description: I stopped my ship during reentry to take pictures. I then used the teleport command to go directly to the planet's surface. My ship was still surrounded by the reentry fire graphic after the teleport. Relogging cleared it.

11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Do windows or blocks with shutters / truss disappear?

12. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

13. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

14. Pretoreaner

Pretoreaner Ensign

SERVER NAME: (GER) Galaxy9.de
    SEED-ID: ?

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Summary: SV / CV Weapons with homing missiles have much more range than given by the server

Description: We had an atack on our base and by default the BA weapons should shoot much wider than any other weapon in the game but we found out that when you shoot at a base and within the range of an homing missile it locks an target it flys much wider than the given range
    for example:

SV homing misste range 700m
    BA weapon range 800m

sv shoots from 1000m aimed at the base, it seems that the missile flys 300m locks onto the BA and flys another 700m onto the target.

i'm an admin on the server and noticed it a several times in fights I watched

Steps to Reproduce: FIGHT

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

15. morse

morse Ensign

Hi there,

I've been ranting for some time in this thread http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-4-3-1-patch-ii.8124/ about crashes on radeon drivers, but nobody seemed to care.

Well, now I found the way to dupe resources using these crashes, even on EAC-protected servers. I won't tell publicly how to do it, obviously (tell me if you want me to PM the details), but it's only a matter of time until someone else stumbles upon it too.

So maybe it's time to finally fix this radeon driver bug in the main branch too? Pleeeease?

16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Last I heard they weren't, that I know of. I haven't got around to testing 'Bat Parking' (aka SV Roof Landing Gear Docking onto a Ceiling) but as of the last time I tested Butt Parking (aka SV Back Landing Gear Docking onto a Wall) still worked. You're sure your Landing Gear is not being obstructed by having other Blocks on the same 'Block Layer' as the Landing Gear? For max effectiveness the Landing Gear need that Block Layer to themself so they are the only thing making Contact with what you're trying to Dock with. Thin Walls for example look thin but take a full Block's Bounding Box. The only sole exception to this I know of thus far is HV Landing Pads & Hover Boosters can get along with each other cause the Hover Boosters are similar to the Docking Pads in avoiding taking a Full Block Bounding Box in Hit Box Size & are also a tad thinner then Landing Pads so they do not get in the Landing Pad's way.

Sturm Panzer likes this.
  17. Tachyonz

Tachyonz Ensign

SEED-ID: 448891

Summary: Capital Vessel ( 3rd person ) camera not aligned.

Description:
    Choosing 3rd person while piloting the CV, I notice that the camera is not slightly centered as shown on the image below. The camera is slightly on the LEFT side of the screen.

I tried to Auto-Rotate ( key O ) the CV but it did not fix it either and I am not using the free look/camera mode while piloting.

Steps to Reproduce: Align the CV camera to center.

Original image:
    egshrjdjtjkluiiio.png

Encircled/Identified image:
    rhsdrhshjs.png

Sturm Panzer and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Tachyonz

Tachyonz Ensign

Severity: Trivial

Summary: Incorrect info of "ammo capacity" on Minigun turret ( Capital Vessel ).

Description: See the image below.

Steps to Reproduce: Correct the ammo capacity info.

eghjyjkitewwqe.png

19. Tachyonz

Tachyonz Ensign

Summary: Incorrect info for Docking Pad ( SV ) & ( HV ) and hidden docking pad SV in landing gear SV.

Description: The info for the docking pad confused me at first because it said that it is for small and hover vessel but when I look at the blue dot which is for hover vessel only. Then I also checked the landing gear SV and there you will see that the docking pad for SV is hidden in the landing gear group blocks.

Steps to Reproduce: Create 2 different docking pads and name them respectively as Docking Pad (HV) and another one as Docking Pad (SV) and correct both informations.

zfggeshrjr.png
    zcgeh.png

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  20. Tachyonz

Tachyonz Ensign

Summary: Minor corrections for information on the devices shown below.

Description: I just notice these minor incorrect grammar and lack of info on these devices... I know and it sounds dumb and looks like I am an English teacher... lmao... that I reported these which are not complex bugs but I want it to be corrected as a I am a fan of the game.

Steps to Reproduce: Simply correct grammar for Fridges' T1, T2 & T3 ( ...powered "it" stops... ) and Water Generator's ( space between "...from_natural..." ) and add info for Warp Drive and Hover Engine(s).

zbewegjuik.png
    zcweghrh.png
    zeghrhjj.png
    zvbebdthrtj.png

Sturm Panzer and Tyrax Lightning like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.