Bug Reports: Alpha 4.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

LCD Screen glitch#2. Maybe the character limit per line should be reduced, because if you max it out, the letters are then floating off of the screen.

20161121093319_1.jpg

PS. notice this blue font has much less of the fuzziness from glitch#1

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Phoenyx333

Phoenyx333 Ensign

That's true, however I have watched it take down 6 waves of drones and a bucket-load of predators so far and still hasn't touched the rounds in the ammo box. Last I counted it was using ~10 rounds per drone due to the distance it was picking them up at and 3-5 for critters, again due to range. The waves were 1st 1 drone, 2nd 2 drones, 3rd-6th 3 drones each. So 150 total for drones and I can't even guess how many for critters. What is a full load in the cannon?

3. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Alpha 4.0 brought this fix:
    - Fixed: PvP: Own faction base will shoot at spawned vessels of faction members

Could the same be looked at/rectified with HV's? Discovered that if I turn on a freshly spawned blueprint of an HV before setting it to faction, it will fire upon factioned items, which did not return fire.

4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Did you try to switch off BLOOM if this fixes the blurryness?

5. DimanDruid

DimanDruid Ensign

Здравствуйте у меня вот какой Баг случился. Скачал я сервер, запустил его по локальной сети на 3 компа, все игроки зашли, играем, собираем ресурсы, строим корабли, собрались слетать на другую планету, загрузились самым ценным, сели и полетели. При попытке покинуть планету Aqua (если не напутал в названии), нас некоторое время не выпускало с планеты, постоянно откидывая назад по достижении определённой высоты, ладно, думаю в другой точке вылететь получится и действительно, в другой точке планеты нам всё же удалось покинуть планету, но по выходу на орбиту сервер выкинул всех игроков из игры с сообщением. Заходим снова в игру, тот игрок, что был пассажиром падает на планету, от границ выхода на орбиту, это не проблема, приземлился, с ним всё нормально, но вот пилоту вышло сообщение о том, где он хочет начать игру, его файлы обновились, все достижения персонажа, его уровень, его вещи, сделанные им корабли, и чертежи, всё пропало, это новый игрок. Корабля с ресурсами на орбите планеты не оказалось, он удалился, его не было даже в реестре персонажа, который его создавал, так же пропали ещё два маленьких кораблика, которые были пристыкованы к большому.
    Баг с потерей кораблей повторился 2 раза и был случай потери нескольких кораблей после прилёта с других планет и выключения сервера, при его включении, на следующий день, корабли пропали, а ведь они были припаркованы у базы, хотя те корабли, которые ни куда не летали и так же были у базы, ни куда не пропали.
    В общем как то неприятно, вот так постоянно терять достижения (опыт персонажа, его вещи, накопленные ресурсы и построенные корабли, со всем их содержимым).
    Надеюсь помог в выявлении Бага, он явно связан с тем как игра сохраняет объекты и вытаскивает их после, но я могу ошибаться, вам это виднее, в чём там Баг.

6. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Peer-to-peer is not supported. If you're going to play multiplayer and leave the planet, you need to connect to a dedicated server.

7. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

I don't know if its a bug, but it's definitely wort a mention.

I made custom POIs with following blocks which did not work well:

• Hangar Doors: I wanted a base with closed hangar doors that the player had to shoot open. The doors spawn but I could not shoot them open. The rockets passed right through the doors and hit whatever was behind. I tried with gatling guns also, but they didn't do damage, too. It was interesting that some rockets hit the door, but then, suddenly they didn't hit anymore and just passed through.
    • Shutter doors. I used a 1x1 shutter door, it did not take damage from small arms, I had to blow it open with a detonator charge. No problem, but... Its quite sturdy, it took I think 4 or 5 charges to blow it up. After the shutter door was finally gone the wall had taken so much damage that it had a huge gaping hole...

8. RasterOps

RasterOps Lieutenant

SEED-ID: 0
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Object Renamed to Default when Grouped
    Creative mode: (also survival?)

So I can change the name of any object, which is great, e.g. "Automatic Armored Door" to "Fwd Deck-AA Door". This helps me to better identify an objects location within a ship/base section. However, if said object is grouped after being named as desired, then the "Add to Group"/"Add to Last Group" function renames the object back to its default value.

I don't yet know if object names are saved with the blueprint. I certainly hope they are. So when I spawn the design, I don't have to recreate all the unique object names.

Steps to Reproduce:
    [*]Open Control Panel (P)
    [*]Expand the group that the object is contained within
    [*]Select an object, e.g. a door
    [*]Change the objects name, e.g. "AA Door"
    [*]Press "Enter" key to save object name changes
    [*]Click "Add to Group"
    [*]Click "Select Group"
    [*]Choose the same group above

9. DimanDruid

DimanDruid Ensign

Благодарю за скорый ответ, но проблема в том, что я и так играю через "Empyrion - Dedicated Server" и он всё время включен. Поясните ваш ответ, может я, что то не так понял.

10. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

I am sorry I had not, and your thought is correct that does fix that issue.
    I don't mind the bloom elsewhere though.

11. ASTIC

ASTIC Ensign

Offline Protection never goes off in PvP because "last time visited" may be negative (for example 1389659947d 18h)
    Many structures have those timestamps and all with an OfflineProtection never disable it.

12. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Devices can only be renamed when grouped. They loose their name when autogrouped (there's a warning). Not a bug -> but added to suggestions.

13. RasterOps

RasterOps Lieutenant

So just to be clear, do you mean that clicking on "Add to Group" or "Add to Last Group" is considered the same as the separate "auto-group" button?

14. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Not to jump Hummel-o-War's reply, but in my experience, Only clicking and accepting the auto-group will do the re-organize-wipe.

Anything found in the "Ungrouped" list has reduced options for naming, adjusting.

When you move things (Add to or Add to Last) the names are not removed.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  15. Mpa3oTa

Mpa3oTa Ensign

This feature is fixed in 4.4.3. Now you can not spawn turret with the ammunition inside. And 250 rounds if memory serves part of the turret.

16. RasterOps

RasterOps Lieutenant

But I'm not using "Auto Group". I rename a device that is already in a group, then oops, move the device into a different group only to have the new name wiped.

17. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

That sounds like something is amiss.

If you start a new creative, spawn a ship and play with the list, does the same thing happen? If it does you could attach the save game file to your post.

18. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Respectfully, Hummel has misunderstood. The problem the user is describing is not with auto grouping. There is no warning advising the player that if they move one named device from one group to another group, that the name will be lost in the process. That is what the user is talking about, so I suppose reinstate as a bug, or add to whichever list please. Just don't talk about auto grouping.

19. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Sorry but just checked, that is completely wrong. If you move a named item from one group to another the name is lost in the process.

20. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

And this, at its core, is I believe to be a bug worth noting, and getting fixed at some point in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.