Bug Reports: Alpha 4.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Mode: Survival

Seed-ID: Cannot retrieve savegame - when I load the game it gives me something about viewing angle in the console, so I cannot see what my seed ID is.

Reproducibility: Not sure
    Severity: Extreme - yikes!

Summary: Not sure what just happened, but the screen went black, then the interface became sluggish, then I got an internal error screen with the "continue" and "Quit and mail." And then further crazy, but I will describe below.

Description: I will do the best I can to describe what just happened; I returned to Masperon from the moon(having set up several auto miners I needed to retrieve my goodies.) I flew down into Masperon's atmosphere and realized that I would have to fly through the green barrier for the fastest route back to my hovercraft. Proceeded to do so with a tiny bit of adrenaline for fear of appearing over the p1 Super Fortress. Thankfully it was in the distance and sunk into the ground in a cool way that had me excited to go raid it. I flew to my hover craft. I got out and into my hovercraft to go look at the strange white glowy palm tree like things I had never seen before(having witnessed them as I flew over in my CV.) While neat, I remembered I had a mission; to acquire a base to set up a repair node. Realized as I approached several enemy POI's that I should probably set up a base rather than convert them. So I headed back to my CV, got in, remembered that I responsibly Que'd up millions of ingots, so I switched to my regular constructor to make the stone blocks. Que'd up a bazzillion stone blocks. Then got back in my hovercraft and proceeded about 50 - 100 meters away to a promethium deposit and began to gun down the forest to clear the area for a base. Then set my turrets to "active" and obliterated all the wildlife in the area(Hecate is SO cool to watch in this regard.) I then had the area cleared, went back to CV, got in... I think I que'd up some food, then went to the constructor that was working on the ingots and began to Que up a base block, and others. Then turned to my regular constructor, remembered that I had some stone blocks in one of my storage containers, went to retrieve them, added them to the regular constructor. Then turned back to the advanced constructor, began to Que up some things, and then BLACK. I could see the targeting reticle, and I tried to get a sense if I was falling but could not tell. The error message than slowly faded onto the screen, I clicked "continue" and tried to get a screen shot. The message saying I got one appeared, and this is what it looked like:

Survival_18_2016-12-13_14-16-14.png

I know right? Real helpful. The response from pressing escape and then trying to click quit was very sluggish, but then when I was back in the main menu, the speed returned to normal.

Then it gets weirder:

So I hopped on the empyrion forums to write a bug report. In reviewing the format for said report, I remembered I needed the seed-ID. I almost did not go to look for it, as I was dreading re-starting that game, but eventually I talked myself into trying to load the save game. I did so and found that I had spawned a fair ways above my CV, which I promptly fell down on to causing a great deal of damage. Kinda fun, for a split second, it appeared as though I was right back where I was when the game had crashed and that, outside of the fall damage, everything was going to be okay. But then, to my absolute HORROR, two super heavy minigun drones appeared out of thin air and began to hammer my ship(and they really did seem to just, appear - and I swear to his noodly goodness, that they seemed to shimmer as they did so.) I looked around and realized my SV was gone, one of my turrets was destroyed, and the CV itself as hovering far above ground. I flew into action, jumping down the elevator and tore into the cockpit and frantically lifted off buffeting the two drones aside(who, in my flight to the cockpit, had destroyed another turret) and made it to safety. I briefly glanced at the map and it kinda seemed like I was at the point of descent from when I entered the atmosphere after returning from the moon.

I tried to access the console to get the Seed-ID, but it kept repeating the same message over and over again - something about viewing angles. I am not sure what to do, I would like to send this save game to the developers, but this is not the first bug I have encountered even, in this specific game, and when I tried to email the previous two, it emailed me back a DNS error?

So, since this is better seen than read, where can I send them savegame so that it reaches the developers?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Segas Wolf

Segas Wolf Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Agora

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Mayor

Summary: Bypass offline protection

Description:

Well, it's easy to do and this bad to any player. (I know, in this game, anybody can raid your base in any pvp zone (space or planets), but i found how can broke the offline protection (beacuse another player just raid all my base and stuff in a pvp planet).

Steps to Reproduce: You need 2 things a victim with a base and a big (or long) ship (any hv, cv, sv)

How can raid they stuff easy? Just try this....

If you see, a offline protection, if is active, a blue barrier protect all your stuff for any damage and raid... but that shield can be easy bypassed with a long ship.

How you can ask, just take your ship and move to the offline protection. That barrier only can kill you if you touch it, but dont do anything to the enemy ship. So, only your need is move inside that shield and shoot. Ta-da... F+++ you offline protection, you can steal and destroy ANYTHING WITH THE OFFLINE PROTECTOR!

Beacuse the barrier dont block the bullets inside, only outside.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: Anybody can try and do this easy :|, so the offline protector didint work in this case :c

3. Niewitch

Niewitch Lieutenant

- Sometimes large constructor aint building anytthing in the quee. Even deleting and adding new one aint helping. Those freezes sometimes when you go from orbit to planet and you are constructing something.
    - Sometimes hover vesser sunks when going over the planet and cross that green line
    - Many times F key aint working
    - Sometimes EAC kicks no reason, mostly happened when building CV:s in orbit

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Are you in touch with the OP shield or did you pin through the shield with your ship?

5. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

& ya have checked your Output Window & it's not jammed full?

6. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: Casual PVE Server
    SEED-ID: unknown
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Summary: Docking SV to CV glitches the player permanently.
    Player model is stuck inside the SV, and judders like crazy. I used V and mouse scroll to pull back camera. Since I am a moderator on the server, I used Sector and Teleport, but each time I don't actually teleport successfully and just seem to re-spawn back on Akua like this. Suicide also made no difference (see flight case on ground)
    "Restart in pod" has no effect either, I spawn in the same spot with a SV stuck to me. 'p' or 'k' keys no reponse other key all work, jetpack does not reposition the player. Tapping Alt and 'V' both work.

Description: 20161215221145_1.jpg
    Multiplayer, landed my SV on top of CV and docked, and glitched into this position.

Steps to Reproduce:
    After getting into this position, I rebooted and then joined again and spawned in space , made another SV, and managed to do it all over again.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:
    I scanned the log files, but can find nothing remotely unusual or indicative of errors, is the trace level set too low by default, not much info in the log at all.

7. Tyrax Lightning

Have ya tried the detach Command? (Use /help in-game if ya don't know what i'm talking about.)

8. Niewitch

Niewitch Lieutenant

That happened was in CV with some of large constructors, when theres something in queue to build and you go to planet, it freezes completely. Alltough some of the constructors worked. Jammed ones I got worked again only when I clear queue, turn them off and go back to orbit. But when I again returned same happened. Seem more frequent in some planets that others, dont know what is the factor to cause that.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  9. Orangevillain

Orangevillain Ensign

There's another thread on this particular bug but this seems like a better home for it: I (and a few others) are getting an "internal exception" error thrown by Themida on launch, when EAC is enabled - it's been happening for me since Wednesday, last time I was able to play was Monday (and had no issues at all then).

I'm on a clean install (also deleted the registry keys and fully purged the Empyrion folder under steamapps\common prior to reinstalling), nothing's changed on my PC that I'm aware of since then - no signs of malware or viruses either.

10. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

I get that regularly as well, but usually just trying again works fine. It seems to just be something that happens only when EAC is initially trying to communicate with whatever it does. I just thought it was connection farts, but @Orangevillain could it be blocked by virus protection?

11. Orangevillain

Orangevillain Ensign

I don't think so - I've tried launching with AV disabled as well, which didn't change anything. One thing I haven't done is just try re-launching again and again to see if it eventually works, since that seems to work for some folks, so I guess that's worth a shot. Just odd that it went from everything being fine, to getting this every time I launch the game pretty much overnight.

12. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

Ha Ha - A command the specifically describes the problem I had - dammit I was trying so hard to get a repro with actual exact steps how I did it. never noticed that command.

13. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

Had to disable EAC. Pretty much the EAC app is too paranoid.

14. senaque

senaque Ensign

Is it possible to disable EAC without the game starting / crashing at launch via a config file or something?

15. Tyrax Lightning

To be fair the detach Command is a fairly recent Implement. :)

16. AlexAKM

AlexAKM Ensign

Only one thing, which appear 2 days ago and crash game every time I restart game:
    upload_2016-12-17_10-41-22.png

The same bug on 4.4.x and on 5.0...

17. Sveto

Sveto Ensign

Having the same. 9 times of 10 when trying to start the game it's happening. Need to restart PC, steam client, run the game from the EAC launcher etc. in random sequence to get it working.

I cannot disable the EAC, since the server requests it (HWS). Please, advise how can we help with resolving this annoying issue?

upload_2016-12-17_23-45-40.png

18. Tyrax Lightning

I just read from piddlefoot in another Thread, that the best help is right after getting the Error, find your client.log & send it to the Empyrion Devs so they can try to use it to get this fixed. :)

19. Arfy

Arfy Ensign

There is no log the game doesnt start all you get is the small window come up like the prev posts have captured . This is wide spread all of our faction cant get the game started we have tried all the suggested fixes and a few more .It has been going on for a few days now . Im beginning to wonder if the Alpha has changed something in the current game .

20. cpuman

cpuman Ensign

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 0
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor/Major

Summary: Upon building a design/concept ship I discovered that after adding some blocks, it generated an area where it would produce invisible/non-existent blocks which severely hinders the idea/design that I had in mind.

Description:phantom blocks generated upon building "wing" on sv.

Steps to Reproduce: just try to dock with the cv with the sv and you will see. Remove the "wing" outline I had and it will fit fine.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: the blueprints can be found here for bug testing and such: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820397725 and http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820397656

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.