Bug Reports: Alpha 5.0.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Mode: Multiplayer

SERVER NAME: HWS NA

SEED-ID: N/A

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Sometimes (it is easier to reproduce during times of large player count causing lag in the more popular playfields)
    Type: Exploit
    Severity: Gamebreaking

Summary: People randomly respawning in someone else's medbay/clone chamber after warping or death.

Details: So there have been lots of instances of this happening during high server stress times with a lot of ppl on a the same time. What will happen is someone will warp out of a highly populated playfield into another playfield and their ship will go ahead and warp, but their body gets left behind. For some reason the game logic has been programmed to be like 'oh he shouldn't be dead, let's just throw him in the closest medbay', naively thinking that the ship is always with them. This also occurs if someone kills you or you suicide, you can randomly get spawned into an enemy medbay instead of your own.

Why is this so bad?

What ppl have been doing is dying and trying to get randomly spawned into ppl's hidden deep space BAs or CVs like 50-100km out from the jump point so they can find the coords via DI command and screenshot them. Then they can come back while the player is offline (no offline protection on this server), and destroy/take all the stuff from the other player without ever having to legitimately find their base.

This can also be bad for obvious reasons for the other side as well to. Getting spawned into an enemy ship that you did not want to go to means you get insta-gibbed by their turrets/sentries and lose all your stuff like epic weapons, gold, and autominers. So this can happen even if the player doesn't want it to, the player has no control over it really.

Proposed Fix: Please add some more logic in the code to check and see if the medbay or clone chamber the person is getting spawning to, would have valid access rights to the structure it is attached to before spawning them in there. Someone from faction ABC should never be allowed to spawn into faction XYZ's medbay/clone chamber, even if they are allied. And no one besides the owner should be able to spawn into a privately owned medbay.

If there is no medbay in this case, then just spawn the person's body in mid space a few km outside of the nearest jump point. Most ppl have pre built CV warp sleds or SVs built to recover from bugs like this.

On a side note I would like to say good job finally getting the waypoint and decore faction bugs fixed, but this one really needs to be fixed ASAP before release as well before 5.1 goes live please :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Fastidious and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Buckshot

Buckshot Ensign

I just started playing Empyrion on 1/6/17 and have really enjoyed it (much better than Space Engineers BTW). I have found everything to work as it should except the Multi Tool won't repair anything! I click on secondary fire, click on the option for Repair and nothing happens to repair a damaged block. In fact NONE of the options (Disassemble, Deconstruct, Rotate etc) do anything!

Mode: Survival
    SEED-ID: 766871
    Reproducibility: It NEVER works.
    Severity: Major - I can't repair anything.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Have ya crafted Multitool Charges then loaded one into the Tool?

4. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

Did post in steam group but thought let me post here as well:

Doulbe me and re-entry burn

SERVER NAME: gamingevolved.co.za

If applicable:
    OLD BLUEPRINT: No

Reproducibility: Unable)
    Severity: Minor

Summary:
    Ok, so 2 bugs at once. Sometimes when entering an atmospheric planet the re-entry burn will not go away (see screen shots)

second bug, I had a DC and when I logged back in my character was still in game, albeit doing nothing and i was running around with no name and greyed out suite, etc (usually its red) \. Factions members confirm the map also showed me as to where the Ghost me was

Description:

Steps to Reproduce: re-entry, keep re-entry and it should happy (happes about 10% of the time)
    ghost me - not been able to reproduce

Screenshots, uner my profiel set to public

id of ship is 539109. server is Alpha 5.0.4 0797. No ID for my duplicate. Happened to 2 of my faction members as well. So here is the other weird part. It happened again last night and when we got DC we were piloting a ship (parked on a planet). We logged back in and cant take control of the ship as it says in use. how do we recover the ship??

I will roll back server to 796 and see

5. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

If this happens in a newer build, please zip the LOGS folder of your server and send to [email protected]

7. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

Done, have mailed it to you

8. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

yis i am an idiot...server was still on 795...have updated to 797

9. InfiniteChaos

InfiniteChaos Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: (ALL)
    SEED-ID: (DOESN'T MATTER)

If applicable:

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Summary: XP Exploit

Description: When 1 person flies a SV solo and goes out of, then in a planet/moon atmosphere, no XP can be gained. When 2 or more people (1 pilot, 1 passenger or n # of passengers) fly the same SV out of, then in a planet/moon atmosphere XP is gained. Depending on the difficulty of the playfield depends on the amount of experience gained, but is usually >10k XP each time. Within 3 minutes a couple of level 2 buddies can start on a server, join a friend's faction, hop into a SV marked for faction use and shoot straight to level 20 and unlock all technologies.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1: You and a buddy start/join faction.
    2: You and a buddy get into the same SV.
    3: Fly out of atmosphere.
    4: Fly into any atmosphere (could be immediately back down to where you came from or a moon, or another celestial body's atmosphere).
    5: Destroy game difficulty and hijack player's progression.

Exception: Do not use CV.

10. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: HWS NA/HWS EU
    SEED-ID: NA

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:No

Reproducibility:Always
    Severity:MAJOR

Summary: If underground and logged out upon relogging you are placed on the surface

Description: As stated above, if you log out or get disconnected while underground you are respawned on surface. This is very dangerous as if enemy were to appear in CV you will die. Does not matter if area underground is large open area , you still respawn on surface

Steps to Reproduce: Tried different server with same result

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:NA

11. Scott.Ward

Scott.Ward Commander

Servername:
    OuterRim
    Seed-ID: 7777777

modified Playfields: Yes

Reproducibility: Yes, every time I relog
    Severity: Major

Blueprints after being spawned on a server playfield with spanwanyblueprint and using setrotation, setposition on them will move and rotate to another direction after loging in and out. Makes it impossible to create something with blueprints.

12. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

That's strange, during my WASD Games play i've logged out in my Underground Base a few times & never logged back in force-placed onto the Surface.

13. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Tested again on MP server, same result with T2 Sniper.

Here's some screenshots from another player's POV:
    MP Test.jpg MP Test 2.jpg

And again from mine:
    20170113231254_1.jpg 20170113231248_1.jpg

Other player can take damage, while I cannot due to the door.

14. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Was able to reproduce.

Also, if you open the context menu for a block shape, you can "flip" the blocks type to/from one type to another. It's not 100% reproducible, but happens enough that it shouldn't take make attempts. Both SP and MP.

15. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Captain

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: ()
    SEED-ID: ()

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Sometimes)
    Severity: (Major)

Summary: HV loses orientation, and wants to roll over.

Description: On a HV, the craft will unexpectedly want to roll itself over, making the craft nearly impossible to control. Sometimes it corrects itself, and other times it just continues to roll even if turned off.

Steps to Reproduce: Make a HV, fly it around, seems to occur more on rougher terrain (ie Masperon), and on mining HVs.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: N/A

ButtonPusher and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Dearion

Dearion Ensign

Mode:Creative

Reproducibility: Unable?
    Severity: Major imo.

Summary: Too far from the centre.

Description:I have built something large and last night when I saved the blueprint It was fine, I could build the back side but it was not complete so I loaded the blueprint (loaded it on a new game) and the part that I built on was now "Too far from the centre of the structure" for some reason. I did not lengthen it, it is still the same size It has blocks built at the part I can't build on now.

Screenshots: 20170114152720_1.jpg

17. jmcburn

jmcburn Captain

----------------------------------------------
    1st bug:
    SEED-ID: 1185539
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor - Visibility Issue
    Version: Alpha 5.0.4 0796

Summary:
    When you enter a Turret with 'F' for manually firing, you can see your own avatar floating or standing next to the turret on the position you entered it from.

2nd bug.
    Severity: MInor - Just strange behaviour

Summary:
    A friend from same faction could build a base almost adjacent to my base. Which would be ok, because he's same faction. But if i then build a blueprint (SV) in factory, i can't spawn it near or at my base, because i'm "to close to enemy base to spawn" (the faction member ones, i guess).
    3rd bug.
    Severity: MInor

Summary:

While dragging blocks, if you hit ESC, the menu shows up, if you cancel that, the blue blocks stay on screen.
    Also it would be nice, if cancelling of block dragging was possible somehow. Now, if you have started dragging, you have to place at least one block, then remove it again with Multitool. :)
    General Gameplay Suggestion:

Would be nice to remove underwater plants somehow (for building there). I havent't found a weapon that shoots underwater. Maybe there's another way i don't know of.
    If so, please let me know. :)

Thx for all the great work and continuing effort to make this such a great game. :)

18. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

Severity: Major
    Version: Alpha 5.0.4 0797

CUSTOM WORLD - No ore, POI, or even animals
    So i am looking at adding a planet to the starter system on my server.

copied alien2 folder and renamed to alienstart
    edit sector to give it a location

start new game and see - yes it is there and can visit it. color changes also took effect that i cahanged.

HOWEVER, no POI, no ore, not even alien/animals spawned.

Only resource that spawned if the blue crystals.

what did i do wrong?

I tried a second moon and the same happened...no ore, no pois, nothing

19. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Reproducible: Always
    Severity: Miner but annoying

The Open/Use button is hanging since alpha 5.0 build. I couldn't figure out why when I wanted to loot a dead animal or a drone when I clicked Open then moved my mouse up to the top right to move all of its inventory to mine, why the whole screen camera went up with it.
    If I click and wait 1 second, sometimes the drone/animal opens then closes. This is how I learned it was the button.

It doesn't seem to do it when I'm using a constructor, opening a box or picking plants, just looting.
    Can you guys please add a 500ms delay so it won't double click.
    (A key to empty the animal's inventory would be awesome, like Take All).

20. Vett

Vett Ensign

Mode: survival

SERVER NAME: pvp no p*ssies
    SEED-ID:n/a

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: no

Severity:major

Summary: When using the SV or CV Rocket ammo in the air the rockets in the ammo box will simply disapear when you attempt to reload wasting tons of resources.

Description: I first noticed this in a custom SV when i got in a fight i had about 50 rockets in the ammo box, I hit reload and it went from 3/50 to 0/3. Now this was interesting. not only did the ammo disappear but three rockets also remained in the ammo box unable to be reloaded. i tried removing the rockets and replacing them but no good. This also happens without leaving behind "ghost" rockets where as it will just go to 0/0 with the remainder of the ammo just gone. This happens on capitals too though it seems like it may be less likely to. This only happens while in flight. Rather your hovering or moving, if your off the ground this bug will occur. I can't confirm that it happens every salvo as i've wasted too many resources at this moment to make anymore but it seems to happen very often at least.

Steps to Reproduce:

Take a vessel into the air and attempt to reload the rocket launcher rather it be "full" or half spent, ammo will disappear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.