Bug Reports: Alpha 5.0.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pico

Pico Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 315248

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: n/a

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Summary: Using food processor to create Space Orange Sprouts throws NullReferenceException.

Description: Added Space Oranges to my food processor on my home base. When I selected Space Orange Sprout, the item showed up in the queue, and then a popup giving me 'Continue, Mail & Cont., and Mail & Quit' options pops up. Clicking 'Continue' does nothing but return the dialog window within a second. Clicking either of the two other options causes Chrome to crash (possibly unrelated, though I added a crash log at the bottom of this post.)

Steps to Reproduce: Attempt to process Space Orange Sprout.

Screenshot of the console attached.

Pulled from the logfile:
    Code:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at Assembly-CSharp.ActivitySettings.AttachEditor (System.Int32& ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.ActivitySettings.PublishSymbol (System.Int32& ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.ActivitySettings.BuildOptions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.ToolboxEditor.QuoteRegistry (Assembly-CSharp.DockingPaneInfo ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.ControlAttribute.OrderServer (Assembly-CSharp.DockingPaneInfo , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.DockingPaneInfo.RebuildBuilder (Single , ArraySegment`1 , Int32 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.WindowSet.ViewBitmap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.WindowSet.DisableBookmark () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at MBS.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    Note: Not sure if this helps .. Chrome crashed when selecting "mail & cont." or "quit & mail." If I click continue, the same dialog appears within seconds.
    Chrome crash log:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX64
    Application Name: chrome.exe
    Application Version: 55.0.2883.87
    Application Timestamp: 5848db5a
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_b4ee
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Offset: PCH_A8
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 0000000000000008
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.49
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: b4ee
    Additional Information 2: b4ee5de6a2322745523997a782b35692
    Additional Information 3: 277e
    Additional Information 4: 277e19c30fbd5f6bb531ec9e027c37c3

Attached Files:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Quinn

Quinn Ensign

SERVER NAME: N/A, Private Server
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Sometimes?
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Some SV's with T2 landing gear in a server that was not wiped with the update will not dock on a CV.

Description: When 5.0 launched I found that all of our SV's and HV's in our CV hangars were floating in the air. After lifting off and setting back down most of the SV's will dock at the correct level. Some SV's with T2 landing gear however refuse to dock on any CV.

Steps to Reproduce: Launch a server from pre-5.0 that has not been wiped and has SV's docked on CV's.

SECOND BUG REPORT:

SERVER NAME: N/A, Private Server
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:

Summary: Undocking an HV from a CV while in space will cause it to float away uncontrollably, resulting in the loss of the HV because it cannot re-dock to the HV.

Description: As in the previous bug report, when 5.0 launched I found that all of our SV's and HV's in our CV hangars were floating in the air. After lifting off one of the HV's to redock it to the floor it floated away uncontrollably. I could somewhat propel it forward but that's about the extent of control, and no amount of movement would ever put it back down to re-dock. The only option currently is to disassemble the HV or let it float off into space.

Steps to Reproduce: Undock an HV in space and try to redock it.

Potential Solution: Obviously HV's aren't supposed to work in space, however if they were made to work in the presence of a gravity generator that would allow them to move around and dock inside a CV that's in space.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    0skillz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

If you can give us a howto on how to re-create this.. it will be fixed ;-)

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  4. Hummel-o-War

Ah ok -> every time you get a log like this, please send over to [email protected] THX!

Pico and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  5. Hummel-o-War

Added to tracking, but PLEASE also send crashlogs to [email protected]

Pico and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. Hummel-o-War

So in a new game this does not happen? Only with the transition from 4.x to 5.0?

7. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Lieutenant

I don't have an exact repro to that, but mostly when I was in a hurry (maybe use bike before it landed on terrain when you drop it?, or maybe moving forward at the same time than climbing on the bike?) I got the character running on top of the motorbike.

8. djsvendee

djsvendee Ensign

Survival Mode.
    Dedicated Private Server.

Admin Console:

Some Players with admin permission in the adminconfig cant use the console. When they write a command and hit enter, he marks the command and nothing happens. Other players like me didnt have the issue. Appearance with the new Update. Any Ideas?

Edit: I cannot reproduce this on my 2 PCs.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  9. shargett2

shargett2 Lieutenant

I had the same problem. Deactivate your defenses. Then add the new core. Hit "P" on your vehicle, and change the faction to Private.

10. Brett

Brett Lieutenant

Since the last 5.0 update, Empyrion is hanging on startup. But only on the second and subsequent times I spin it up after reboot. I get the background and the "Loading..." but that's it. Windows task manager says "Not Responding". The thing is, it doesn't do this consistently. Sometimes if I kill it and restart it, it will come up fine.

Is there anything I can do to turn on logging so I can capture information for troubleshooting during startup?

11. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

SERVER NAME: SkyArmy
    SEED-ID: 757527659

Severity: Crash

Summary: Disconnect after 30s on LAN server

Description: After about 30 seconds of game play on my LAN server (firewall disabled) it kicks me out with the message

"You cannot connect to the server: You were disconnected becaue[sic] of connection problems. To contiune[sic] please try to reconnect."

Steps to Reproduce: I dunno, I just connect and it kicks me out.

12. shadow250

shadow250 Lieutenant

Mode: All

Severity: annoying

im at lvl 20 and lack 47 points to unlock the whole tech tree.

13. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

I had to disable "HeartBeatClient" to connect. There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to Heartbeat over a LAN though.

14. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

Choose...but chose wisely.

15. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

Mode: All

Severity: Minor

Summary: Drones can shoot through trees

Description: Trees obviously don't offer collision for drone bullets. At least not for cannon drones.

Steps to Reproduce: Get a drone's attention. Stand on other side of tree. Observe.

0skillz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. DwightEisenpower

Reproducibility: Sometimes

Summary: Players other than the host are not properly updated about constructor inventories and status.

Description: Client players are often unable to see changes to the inventory and queue of a constructor. They can add items to the construction queue, but to the clients the queue will never change. The items are still built, however, and though the host player can access them and remove them once construction is complete. As a result, the host player's image of the inventory and the clients' images are substantially different, seemingly leading to occasional item disappearance. Also, related issues have been encountered, including constructor inventories being wiped by a non-host player accessing the constructor.

Steps to Reproduce: In a P2P Coop game, have a client player join and attempt to build in a constructor.

17. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer

SEED-ID: 987654321

Reproducibility: Sometimes

Summary: At certain distances creatures walk on the spot & don't die.

Description: When shooting a creature from a certain distance it doesn't die until you get within a certain range then body of the creature changes to a dead one. Whilst shooting it at distance you can get as much xp as you like. Also with this I'm seeing alot of creatures just walking on the spot at certain ranges & some disappearing when you get within a close range of them.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

18. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

I noted that the HV drills can't mine meteors. to which someone replies...

Does this mean that they arn't not supposed to or will ever be capable or mining asteroids. This brings me back to retarded by design. Most deposits on the server I play (HWS) are mined out within a few days of a server wipe by the hand tools. People sort of left them alone in 4.0 b/c of the incredibly over powered autominers. There was a sort of unspoken agreement not to mine the deposits but rather to just put tons of autominers on them. Now that autominers are re balanced people will go back to mining them out. With the HV drills they will all be gone in no time. So for the first few days, maybe a week there will still be deposits. After that there will be nothing but asteroids on every planet for weeks afterwards. Meaning HV drills are useless and everyone is back to hand drills. Autominers are also useless as they require a deposit to mine. And for the new rarity of autominers the unspoken rules about not mining the deposits is out the window.

Oh and by the way. No offense intended to the developers at all but you should really take a look at drills in space engineers. I'm sure I'm not the first to compare the games. I play this for the pvp aspect which I think took a big blow in 4.0. But that's beside the point. Space engineers has awesome mechanics for the drill you can put on ships. Which I would add can be placed on HV, SV and CV. They also have "rocks" on the surface of planets similar to meteos which drill modules on HV / ships, can mine just like they can mine the ore in the ground. I am somewhat encouraged that you finally added the ability to auto route the material at least into a specific cargo box at least. This is very nice compared to potentially accessing each drill as a separate box.

So as it stands on any fairly populated server after a wipe the HV drill ships will come out and rape the planets of deposits in a few days time. After which they will be useless. Simultaneously making autominers useless for the rest of the game until another wipe. After those few days everyone is back to the good ol t2 hand drill from then on. I know this is a first iteration so I just wanted to give some insight into the flaws that hopefully can be easily addresses for future updates.

As for the drills they will be very useful even after the deposits have long run dry. Personally I find them far more effective than a hand cannon for tunneling up to an enemy base. Maybe this was part of their intent? A counter for people using Page Down to burry bases in the dirt layer making them almost impossible to destroy?

0skillz and Mercestes like this.
  19. Pyston

Pyston Captain

EDIT: The issue may have been a mistake I made. When working on the SV I had removed the core so I could move it. I do not think I ever replaced it before I logged.

I am new to the game so this may be intentional, but something I was unaware of. I am guessing creations made that have the core removed will despawn after a period of time?

SERVER NAME: Private

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:No

Reproducibility: Happened once so far.
    Severity: MAJOR HUGE GAME BREAKING

I started on a SV for my friend today. I have created a "workshop" inside of my Base that I build my SV's in.

I had worked on the ship for most of the day, but took a 4 hour nap. I just got up and started playing again.
    I ran into my workshop and went around the side of the ship to get a better view of it. I wanted to make sure the aesthetic balance of the ship worked for me. I hit F5 to get into the probe to look at the SV from above. I launched the probe up and about a second later the SV completely disappeared, vanished, poof, gone. No trace of it, or any of the materials that made it. All gone.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  20. DS_Marine

DS_Marine Lieutenant

100% repro on MP, don't have time test SP.

Food procesor gets stuck trying to produce rock dust from crushed stone
    (if you have only crushed stone on it, and try to build something that requires rock dust)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.