Bug Reports: Alpha 5.1.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

If you place a new block, the ownership is set to PUBLIC = only will give you back materials (slight chance of having blocks)
    Only PRIVATE or FACTIOn will give you back blocks

Has your space station been a POI or did you spawn a blueprint or did you build it from the ground up?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

@1: known issue
    @2: Known issue (repair bay does not work when intersecting with water layer)

Tyrax Lightning and Marbod like this.
  3. Zorin

Zorin Ensign

Mode: Both

SEED-ID: ? (happens in every game)

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major on Planets.

Summary: can't use Hover Vessels because of a bug in hovering

Description: when i try to use a selfmade hover vessel, no matter how i build it, the back left corner always hangs on the ground and i can't lift it up. no matter how i place the hover engine(s). even if i replace the corner with it's own hover engine, it's still stuck on the ground.

Steps to Reproduce: happens with every hover vessel i build

4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

If you are in Creative, you can blueprint and respawn it. That will 'recenter' all the values correctly.
    In survival, thats not really that much of an option though. So hopefully at some point the ship values 'update' when the ship bounds change during build (like removing the truss work which recenters the ship).

5. Neal

Neal Captain

That's what i thought, too. But unfortunately it didn't work. (I tried several times :()

6. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

Yea, I reported that before. Supposedly they fixed it, but I haven't had a chance to test it. Splash damage should not pierce THROUGH armor, just hit more pieces of armor.

When your armor is 500+ hp and your components are 50 hp ...you can't expect the components to absorb the same damage that the armor is supposed to absorb.

Also the physics and size limitations doesn't allow us to make armor 3-5 blocks thick on something that looks even remotely flight worthy.

It's like they make fun of death cubes, then make death cubes the only functional design in the game.

talamioros and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  7. Work22

Work22 Ensign

First of all, i love this game, otherwise i wouldn't take the time to post a bug report i hope gets fixed. Anyway, keep up the good work Dev's its really appreciated and fun!!!

MODE: Survival
    LOCATION: Single player, local player 76561197963459145/'Tomahawk-NYC'
    Also: 170124-1950 Survival Ningues

SERVER NAME: Single Player,
    SEED-ID: 393626
    PLANET: NINGUES

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:
    NO

REPRODUCIBILITY: Yes (happens when i reload save file etc)
    Severity: Major buzzkill- my base disappeared, and the water and oxygen generators about 20 meters away from the base after I was gone for at least 10 minutes and several kilometers away.

SUMMARY: Hard to keep going in that save if you are afraid of your base and stuff randomly disappearing. There were no drone attacks to explain it. Just poof gone.
    Also, another weird thing happened before this- while firing the Sentry Gun bullets at distant animals, i was given tons of experience but the animals wouldn't take any hits. It was a glitch that allowed me to level up experience quickly at only the cost of firing bullets at them, though they didn't die. All on Ningues, these bugs all after 5.1 update.

thanks guys!

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You sure you got all the floating blocks? There isnt like a lost bit somewhere out there? It usually works, I've not had it not work :( so I wonder. Could you post your blueprint?

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  9. Neal

Neal Captain

... ok this is really embarrasing now. I saved it and reloaded the blueprint, just as i wrote (and destroyed the original ship). No change.
    Now, after restarting the game, things look as they should.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for any inconvenience, i usually don't bother other ppl. if things don't go 100% as they should. :oops:

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
  10. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Wait... so it cleared itself by restarting the save??? Hmmmmm. Thats kinda new behavior.

Either the case, this is kind of an annoying issue I hope they do get on their list to tackle. Ship values bounds, centers and all that should update in realtime as you are building/altering.

Tyrax Lightning and Neal like this.
  11. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Wow 10 pages, sorry I could not get through all that.
    Has anyone brought up that the freighter CVs 95% or the time are appearing with only their devices visible? The blocks only then become visible if they receive some damage. I've taken before and after pics but won't bother posting if this is already known/solved.

12. boolybooly

boolybooly Ensign

OK a new bug has arrived as of the last update, when I am first targeting a corpse and the loot transfer interface opens, instead of getting mouse coordinates the cursor stays still and the avatar moves when I move my mouse, so I cannot select the transfer loot button and instead the avatar moves off the target and the interface is lost, if you try again it sticks OK and you can move the cursor.

Its quite a nuisance.

13. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

Food doesn't spoil in the food processor.

Could be a new bug...could be a new feature. Who knows? That's how it is currently though.

14. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Plus it grates my OCD that the Max Distance from Core is not the exact same number of Blocks in all 6 Directions from the Core/Starter Block Location.

15. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

Not a bug, but the freighters travel pretty much the exact same route each time.. could use some randomization to make it more challenging

16. Hummel-o-War

Please create a blueprint and attach it to your report. Thx!

17. Heavy Tiger

Heavy Tiger Ensign

Survival
    Dedicated Server
    Big Nug438
    seed ?????
    not modified
    sometimes
    Major & Crash
    Summary: items & ship vanish never to be seen again.
    My CV as well as the FV & HV have disappeared not all at once but over time. I lost with the CV all of my resources both rare and equipment, my HV disappeared after it was hit by fire, which left me to run for it. one shot dose not incinerate the whole HV at once, I also lost 5 hrs game time of collecting resources. Also the constructor every now & then will produce what I have chose only for it to vanish. My FV vanished when the server died when I just entered space, needless to say I had a good fall down to the planet, again with losses of equipment. I know that this is only a alpha game & you have a lot of bugs to sort out. But it is not nice to see what u have collected/built vanish if u can pls correct this it would be much appreciated. I do like the game & look forward to it being completed.

Regards
    Belgarian

18. talamioros

talamioros Lieutenant

I have two bugs to report here. 1) Light shines through structures and terrain. 2) Medic points don't work on my spawned CV.

Mode: Survival

Seed ID: Omicron 30213

Modified playfields: No, it's a brand new 5.1 save, but I spawned my bases and half-completed vehicles from my 5.0 save in this new game ia blueprints, so I used item menu to spawn all the raw materials and devices I needed.

Reproducibility: Always.
    Severity: 1) Trivial. 2) Major?

1) The screenshots I'm attaching say it all. In one, My SV is outside the base, but somehow its spotlight can shine through the wall and door, and illuminate the whole opposite wall. In the other, the light of the sunrise is visible through mountains before it's cleared the horizon.

2) After I spawned my half-completed CV from my 5.0 game in my 5.1 game, the medic point simply doesn't work. I walk into it and health is not restored. I have tried manufacturing a brand new one and placing it, but that new one doesn't work either. However, the medic points in my Akua and Omicron planetside bases work just fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  19. Marbod

Marbod Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

Reproducibility: first time in more than 100 hours in this save

Severity: Major (for me ist Gamebreaking)

Summary: the bug with retourning landscape is still there

from the beginning of the Game the Problem was, when i came to the base the removed landscape need some time to show up. you can see a little bit in the first Picture (east of the 2 hangardoors)

in the first Picture you also can see ( in south east of the base)the part of the mountain i mine out with the drill (it tooks me over 50 hours)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845752381

second Picture: the mountain is back...my survivalconstructor now is in the mountain, my sv i build jumps out.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851059126

ist happend after i come back from space.

Edit: Exit the Game and load the save solve the Problem

first Picture: you can see the missing texture
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851067172

second Picture: how it should look
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851067256

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  20. Robertak

Robertak Lieutenant

Hi,

weapon convergency problem reported in version 4.4 (http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-4-4-x.8298/page-6) still persists..

when you build a CV with multi layered cockpit (i.e. glass covered by shutters) weapons try to converge themselves into the point, where your crosshairs "aim" on those shutters when you are fighting in 1st person view (when you switch to 3rd person view, convergency works normally).. if that place is behind the point weapons are mounted, they are not converging at all..

example of such cockpit here:
    noconvergency.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.