Bug Reports: Alpha 5.1.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Please attach your dxdiag, and any other pertinent system information you think may help.

This is not something that comes up often if at all, so please do supply some more info to help them understand the setting for which the game is crashing in.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

More Info:
    Very weird. Canned foods should never spoil. Even in real life, they're editable for 2 years.
    I had power. I never shut my base down, only my lights.
    I have 10 large fuel tanks underground and they always have fuel.

I'll try making a few Fridges and keep them in there. NP, I have plenty to eat. :)

3. alninsc

alninsc Ensign

mode survival
    location dedicated server

server name the last frontier
    seed id 2309115

modified play fields yes

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: major

Summary: can not spawn any blue prints to server from factory (error blue print not allowed) server yamal set to class 10 and all for blue print's
    can not place blue print's in factory get cheated error in console

spananyblueprint works for admin still cannot place any ship or base with more than 4 of the same types of gun on it strip guns off in creative resave bp can then add to factory and spawn on server
    appears yamal file settings not working

Description:

Steps to Reproduce: log in server

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Tyrax Lightning and zaphodikus like this.
  4. RReagan

RReagan Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: Repeatable on different seeds

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Multiple things that either break emersion or thoughts. Not sure if some are intended or bugs.

Description:
    Mining
    1. Drilling next to water, water will not fill the void if the void is directly next to water tile.
    2. Ore Mining. display will often show a mine is cleared when you can still get about 1k out of a mine.
    3. No Experience points given for mining Sathium.

Ship Travels
    1. Ships should repressurize when hatches are closed. Kinda funny to keep helmets on inside of a closed ship. Maybe add a life support block?
    2. If a player logs of inside a CV and the CV takes off to another planet should the player be stranded at the point they logged of, or be able to "hitch a ride", thus not being stranded on said planet.
    3. SV's and HV's shouldn't simply drop out of a CV upon take-off if the said vehicles are inside a closed hanger.
    4. Salvaging a CV ship I noticed you have bits and pieces stuck in the air. They should crumble like with base structures. Kinda breaks emersion and gameplay.

Thoughts and Ideas.
    1. Have a life support block for CV's so that inside a ship the helmet is not needed.
    2. "Fog of War" for planets making it easier to see where you have not explored?
    3. On planets be able to set waypoints so you don't have to keep going back to the map screen. Kinda like the Lock button for space travel.
    4. Warn us when a server side patch will make changes to the .YAML file this really stinks when you have 10+ hours in and everything is lost.
    5. Be able to set your own waypoints to certain locations (to help in exploring maps or like I said, fog of war)

Honorable Mention.
    I have had my server up for a week with daily playing on it and it's been solid. Although it's only been my brother-in-law and I playing on it, it's been stable. Keep up the awesome work. Since I have found this game I have been playing it daily. (just about) and the wife says I play to many games now. I really hope you guys read this and that. We have put allot of hours into the Alpha as have many.

Keep up the awesome work!

Tyrax Lightning and zaphodikus like this.
  5. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

Are you sure you get no XP? Sounds like a bug, much of the rest is faults that are know about and either in progress or not critical right now.
    SV's and HV's must dock first, you will hear a beep sound when docking, if you dont, please google for how to dock pointers. If the panel of the SV/HV does show docked and it still falls out, then that is a separate bug.

Raising more than one bug at once guarantees that none of them get triaged, but a lot of valid ideas +1 to all of them :)
    He He. Likewise, welcome on board.

6. Heavy Tiger

Heavy Tiger Ensign

I have supplied all the info that I can as per the format that they requested. The game crashes when one is playing it, when u get back on after a time you have been booted out of your ship or everything is gone.

7. hellslordd20

hellslordd20 Ensign

ever since 5.1 some of my bp's are restricted by server and i am the server manager i have looked at the .yaml file and it says max block count set to false and bp size set to 6 witch is supposed to remove all limitations on bp's but when i get in game some of my bp's are restricted by server any help would be very appreciated.

dedicated server
    sever name Xeno Networks
    seed:56456476

8. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

You need to include your dxdiag of your clients and the server (if you are the one running the server), and possibly the configs for the server if you have done any changes to them.

Just saying it crashes, and if its survival or not, isn't anywhere near as helpful as that dxdiag.

9. Mantaray52

Mantaray52 Ensign

Mode: Any

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Summary: The game cannot correctly identify NVidia mobile graphics cards in laptops. It only recognizes the integrated graphics even when forcing the game to run on the NVidia card. As a result, the hard coded limitations on texture settings based on VRAM are locked at half and quarter.

Description: This is likely due to the NVidia Optimus setup, where the integrated and discrete graphics cards both run at the same time but handling different programs (like the integrated handles the windows desktop while the discrete card handles the game). I've seen other Unity games have this same issue, but it's usually corrected at some point (I've never asked the devs how though) and the game starts to identify it correctly. In this case, the game is definitely rendering on my GTX 870M which has 6GB of dedicated VRAM, but it still won't recognize the right card when checking. As a note, DXDIAG will always report the integrated card, not the discrete card, so if you're using DXDIAG for the GPU check, that won't work.

Steps to Reproduce: Permanent issue

10. RReagan

RReagan Ensign

11. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

The current Liquids in-game are Band Aid Fix Liquids until the Real Liquids can get Implemented.

The Ore Marker disappears when the Vein gets to around 10% of remaining supply. I dunno why the Devs set it to 10% instead of 0%.

Last I heard this is on the Dev Radar but is not Implemented yet.

Structural Integrity has not yet been Implemented for CVs... or anything other then Planetary Bases. When it is, I look forward to the Carnage that one will be able to see from destruction of stuff. :)

I'm fond of this idea as well. :)

5.1 changed the Class System & the new Max Size Class is 10.

12. RReagan

RReagan Ensign

Tyrax,
    As of 5.1 the max class size is still 20 for CV's or am I missing something. I pulled up 20 BP's galore with no issues on my 5.1 survival server.

13. RReagan

RReagan Ensign

Hey can you get me a copy of your yaml file>? or what BP's your running. I have had no issues with CV's at size 20 on my server. I am not a pro. but I have been editing the yaml like crazy and have run into no issues so far. This is the greatest game ever next to The Division.. lol. So sad that BF4 is dying... :( No place for Old Men anymore.

14. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

15. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

Please take a bit of time to include links to previous times this has happened and include some actula detail. Does the dedicated server crash, or does the client crash? I'm guessing the client crashes, have you tried other servers? What are the machines specs of the system which crashes? I suspect you are seeing something quite rare here, and any correlating information can help. What steps
    Are you taking after it crashes that take that long to perform? How much Ram does the server have? is it standlone? What O/S?

16. Heavy Tiger

Heavy Tiger Ensign

Thankyou for that, I don't have a clue as to what you are requesting but I will get my son who is pc savvy to get that information, It may take a bit of time as he works long hours & only has one day off per week which he has to balance with family. I am over 60. with many medical issues that is why I have put so much time into the game. This input is better than your last one, of which I have answered maybe not to your liking, hopefully we can disregard our comments & act civilised to each other as well as helpful.

Regards

17. Scott.Ward

Scott.Ward Commander

Server/SEED ... N/A

Something is wrong with your thruster calculations.

100 small down thrusters (Thruster S (CV) just to achieve lift for this CV in 1.02 gravity, very slow lift. Here's where the error comes into play, when I turn on my directional thrusters (Thruster Regular M (CV)) the lift gets much better for the CV.

So the question (error) is, how do left.right,down,forward, back thrusters help the up thrusters achieve lift?

It's a big gain in lift from turning on the directional thrusters.

RReagan and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  18. Mercestes

Mercestes Guest

Start (Windows thingy) -> and if you just type "dxdiag" in pretty much any (edit) Windows (/edit) OS it should either pop up the program for you to click or just pressing enter will run it. From there you can save to file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.