Bug Reports: Alpha 5.2.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

Mode: Any

SERVER NAME: Any
    SEED-ID: Any

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Map in space not really useful at all when ships are very far from the plane you are on.
    Can we make the map zoomable when in space please?

Screenie
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=856702344

2. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Commander

?
    How is a change a defect, what was expected? Is it a texture or icon issue?

3. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

UPDATE: February 1, 2017. Hotfix (Build 843)
    Changes:
    - Reverted to old preview icons: motor + control panel (slight color tweak to distinguish better from computer)

4. zulu200

zulu200 Ensign

We are experiencing the same issue, and our server is hosted at nitrado, too.

Additionally our H2O2 Generators as well as Auto-Miners stop working every few days (Status: Off) despite being supplied with power cells.
    Down to the present day I can't see a pattern - when this happens or what could be the trigger.

Since I had posted this issue several weeks earlier (alpha 4.x) , I will simply wait.
    If you need any logs or other information - please let me know.

As always - keep up the good work! :)

5. The Armchair Redditor

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: East Coast Hardmode 24/7 Public - (Private Until Admin Tools Work, You Bastards)
    SEED-ID: 666

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Crash

Summary: The game crashes whenever moving or warping the UEC_CV_Outlaw

Description: The game crashes whenever moving or warping the UEC_CV_Outlaw (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=794306042). I have verified integrity of game files via Steam and also uninstalled/reinstalled game.

Steps to Reproduce: Move or warp this ship. It will either cause the game to crash or move without issues. More often than not the game will crash.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Attached Files:

6. BoostHungry

BoostHungry Ensign

SERVER NAME: HWS NA Public PvP Server

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Happened twice, bug is on-going once it happens. Reproduction theory below, but I don't want to break my CV any more by trying to reproduce.

Severity: Major

Summary: Device/Block becomes bugged, becomes defective and cannot interact with it, then disappears but still occupies the space.

Description: Twice now an area on two separate CVs has become inaccessible. The first time was noticed when a previously placed Window was gone and could not be replaced (one of the large 2x2 CV windows).
    The second time was observed directly: When testing newly placed X-LG Thrusters one of the thrusters was not operational (no animation, not listed in control panel, not calculated in Ship Thrust Stats). When inspected more closely, the thrusters could not be removed with a multi-tool or shot with a weapon. A faction member came over and confirmed the device was visible but could not be removed. The multi-tool reported the thrusters as a "Container" with 50 HP. A short while later the thrusters disappeared, but a new thruster could not be placed in its spot. I now have two CVs with locations on them that cannot have anything placed there.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Theory on reproduction: I'm pretty sure the issue happened when using the symmetry plane for devices. In both cases when building, the symmetry plane bugged a little and placed the devices in a way that two devices were both occupying the same spot. IE: I placed a thruster on one side, but the symmetry version was rotated incorrectly and overlapped with another thruster already placed. I observed this type of behavior for both the thruster and the glass prior to the bug, but didn't think anything of it at the time and simply removed one of the two overlapping objects.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: None, but can give more details if needed.

7. Atola

Atola Commander

Mode: Single Player

SERVER NAME: Any
    SEED-ID: Any

Reproducibility: Always - but damage has to NOT be from a multi-tool. Have only verified that it will work with damage from an alian, but suspect environment damage will also trigger this.
    Severity: Major sort of- Easy to correct but in the middle of a fight it sucks.

Summary: When attacking a POI with a HV, after the HV takes any minor damage (might only be booster damage) it will start to list - behaves like one or more boosters are out. Corrected until it takes more damage by opening the panel briefly. Its hard enough to point those Gatling guns at a turret with out this!

This might be related to the HV doing the same thing sometimes when your out traveling about - if the HV should have taken damage except your on a PVE area (and so it doesn't) then it seems to list.

I have not been able to reproduce this by using a mult-tool to damage the HV.

8. zulu200

zulu200 Ensign

Mode: Any

SERVER NAME: -
    SEED-ID: -

Severity: Trivial

Summary:
    Using the player drone does not hide some information of the "normal" HUD.

Description:
    'Clock' (Time remaining till sunset/-rise) and biome are displayed while using the player drone.

Steps to Reproduce:
    0. Load / start a game (Survival or Creative)
    1. Use player drone. Then look in the upper right corner (see screenshot).

Screenshot:
    20170205181354_1.jpg

Hope this isn't a 'feature' ...

9. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Please send me a PM with the .yaml and the freighter blueprint included. THX

10. Hummel-o-War

Does this always happen when the servers/game is updated?

zulu200 likes this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

Please send everyhting to [email protected] THX!

The Armchair Redditor likes this.
  12. zulu200

zulu200 Ensign

Honestly, I can't tell for sure - I doubt it (at least when it comes to: "always" -> every patch).

If I remember right this happened after the transition 5.0.4 -> 5.1.0.
    So, since we started from scratch with 5.0.0, there were several client and server updates beforehand (without corrupting the faction).
    I would say: Not every update kills the faction, but there might be a correlation between updates and corrupted factions.

As mentioned in my post we had this issue earlier in Alpha 4 - unfortunately we can't fix our faction (at least by using the UI).
    Creating a new one is prohibited, because we are already in the corrupt faction (which is not listed).
    Meaning we can't see if/when this happens again.

Or is there a way to "fix a faction" (e.g. delete it) as admin?

Thanks for your effort.

13. Keith

Keith Commander

Hi, on Akua moon, I have labels showing up on my map /mini map that should not be there, ie Oxygen generator, hydrogen generator, and I also had some Auto miners down, which I picked up on leaving last time i was there, they are also showing up but not over the ore that I left them at in fact over not ore at all, I checked them out no auto miners As I said I picked them all up.

That's something, I think needs altering if you put an "auto miner" down it should continue to work when you are not their ie on the planet, I understand the planets spawn in and out, as u leave arrive, and appreciate u cant keep them all functioning, but maybe some code could be written to look at what auto miners u have working, how long u been away, how long they would have worked for given the power cells left in them, the rate at which they mine and just add that amount of ore to the auto miner, not rocket science but think 'its doable" (to quote Sean Conery - Entrapment ).

Ps thanks for fixing my world lakes oceans the blocks are all gone from the water.

Severity: just annoying
    Seed 851701
    Akua_Restart-170130-1955_2017-02-06_16-54-03.jpg survival game

14. Keith

Keith Commander

There is an issue with the HV Drills they are using like 100kw of power when they are not is use, I have tried adding them to a group and turning that group off but they continue to draw that power on standby.

Frigidman likes this.
  15. Keith

Keith Commander

What do I think f the HV Drilling operation, using an HV Drill,

I rather fight a tiger with a tooth pick, It's a shit fight, plan and simple, sure the option to drill a straight tunnel is an improvement to get your way to a drone base if your attacking from below, that is an improvement, but trying to drill out ore is simply "a pain in the neck", I'd rather drill by hand but you have increased the ore field sizes with out increasing the amount of ore in them making it take forever to do this now. I'm going back to drilling using several Drill turrets mounted on an HV, till you come up with a cure sure it takes longer but not so frustrating as using an HV going every which way while u trying to drill the ore.

(PS and no I don't have just have a "few hrs" in on this game)

16. OneHundretMoons

OneHundretMoons Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: Final Frontier
    SEED-ID: 1000001

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes (Piddlefoots Planets 5.2.0)
    Severity: Low, just annoying / dangerous

Summary:

Issue 1:
    After resetting the Deposits, POI's don't show up on the Map anymore

Issue 2:
    Strange Icons on Akua Moon

Description:
    Issue 1:
    I run a Private Dedicated Server with just me and my Girlfriend. Yesterday I did a Deposit reset, and after that was initiated I was next to a Village but the strange thing is, it doesnt show up on my Map anymore, also above the Village there is no Text saying that this is the Village. I drove around and came to another outpost on Akua and no message came up, saying that I just discovered that place. So, the buildings are there..but there is no indication on the Map or Message, saying that I just discovered that Place. With the Deposits there is no issue, just with the POI's, same goes for the Akua Moon. Deposits show up on the Map and the Message comes through, but not the POI's, even though the Structures are there. I tried to reset the POI's but no luck. I am a bit puzzled if this is a Bug or an issue after resetting the Deposits?

Issue 2:
    On our Journey to Akua Moon, my GF told me that there are structures on the Moon like Water Generators,etc..while looking at her map and comparing it to mine, it only shows up on her Map, but not mine. They are scattered across the Moon but nothing is there, while I hovered directly above it.

Steps to Reproduce:
    0. Resetted Deposits again through the EAH Tool and then manually, leaving the Area Folder intact.
    1. Resetted the POI's without any luck.
    2. Left and re-entered the moon, Icons still remain on my GF's Map.

Cheers
    OHM

PS: I could make some Screenshots tonight about Issue 1 and post it, just to clarify things and make it more clear ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  17. Keith

Keith Commander

Hi, My issue happen on EGS server, not a private surver

18. Keith

Keith Commander

Severity: just annoying
    Seed 851701
    Survival mode
    Private Server: no
    Location Akua moon.

Hi,
    You use to be able to collect/pick-up resources using your personal drone in this case collecting blue crystals on the moon, but this no longer works.

And speaking of same, why is the range so limited, fine if your using it to only do building, but I like to send it on attack re-cons but cant get close enough to a Alien base without getting shot up. even if you made it something that was upgradeable either through the talent system (or needs resource to upgrade but guess that's a whole new system to implement.)

Frigidman likes this.
  19. Rakqoi

Rakqoi Ensign

(Sorry if this is already known or fixed, I scanned this thread and saw no reports of it)

Mode:
    Survival

Reproducibility: Unable/Unknown
    Severity: Major

Summary: HV duplicated, reverted one, and merged the other with an SV

Description: Upon loading the server and joining, an HV was duplicated. The original was reverted to an older version from about a day prior, while the "newer" one was merged into a nearby SV. This new combined vessel is a SV with the same name/stats as the original SV, but with all the parts of the HV replacing any overlapping SV blocks.

Fortunately I had a BP saved for the SV, but the hover vessel is now classified as a small vessel (despite containing parts only for HVs, including hover engines and an artillery turret) and I can't find any way to revert it. I might have to deconstruct it and rebuild it from the older duplicate.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown. Saved and exited the dedicated server yesterday, started the server today and discovered the issue. Both the SV and HV were docked to a CV, landed on Omicron.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Entire album: http://imgur.com/a/pkPwN

Original SV:
    [​IMG]

zulu200 likes this.
  20. zulu200

zulu200 Ensign

Hi, we ran into the same issue on our (dedicated) creative server (hosted at nitrado).
    It was also a SV-HV hybrid - one thing I noticed is that the SV, which was merged to the HV, could not be spawned on the first try.
    After removing some Vessels from our playfield, I spawned it again: sucessfully.
    So there was only one SV spawned when I left the server - after relogging the other day our HV was merged with the "missing" SV (since the position of the successfully spawned SV did not change).
    It's also (imo) noteworthy that the merged vessels have two cores (as you can easily see in one of the screens).
    (Very confusing but I don't know how to describe this event better - at the moment.)

A similar incidence happened before on our survival server (prior to the fix of "SEQ Num. Mismatch") in Alpha 5.0.3 - there we had a fusion between two SVs. While searching the logs we saw several SEQ number mismatches around the time of this merge. Since those were mentioned as fixed bugs in the changelog several days later, we did not report this issue.

Here are two screenshots of the 5.0.3 SV-SV merge:
    Clipboard01.jpg 20161226215658_1.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.