Bug Reports: Alpha 5.3.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavy Tiger

Heavy Tiger Ensign

Survival

Multiplayer

Dedicated server

Big Nug438

Seed: ?

Playfield not modified

Always at least 5 to 6 times a day

Crash for all player involved. Loss of all that has been build after crash, in some cases avatar set to level 1

We have request help many time on this problem, it started 2 weeks ago. Single play no problem, with multi player there was no problem till 2 weeks ago, we have uninstalled & installed it to no avail. It has put us off the game. currently the server has been down now for 2 days.

Just by playing the game it happens

I have screen shots only of it when it says server down.

If you can look into this it would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. shargett2

shargett2 Lieutenant

I am also experiencing the same issue with plasma drones. All I get now are minigun drones.

3. Javarox87

Javarox87 Lieutenant

I posted a detailed steps to reproduce a few comments above. It seems to be a double use / multiple of same turret issue. It gets a lot worse especially when using the max amount of a certain turret. I haven't tested it yet on 5.3.2. The opposite of this happens as well... A base cannon turret will sometimes reload but the ammo will not be consumed in the ammo box, so 100 30mm ammo in the ammo box turns into unlimited ammo. Hope this gets fixed soon.

4. joemorin73

joemorin73 Captain

We've been starting to see some playfields crash after the update. We were able to solve one with ships being undocked and redocked on a ship. But we have other playfields too large to find it.

5. Keith

Keith Commander

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor - very annoying
    Private server: no
    Summary: Hanger door problems.
    Mode: Survival 530755 and creative

Hi Developers,

The bug I wish you would fix more then any other right now, is the hanger doors that keep closing on my SV and HV while they going through the door, this happens in Creative mode and survival mode and puts the SV and HV in some strange places. happens if the door is on a Base on on a CV.

This image was taken about 3 weeks ago but is still relevant to the current build. It happen to me yesterday on both a CV and on my base doesn't matter what size door it can still close while on SV or HV . (I just didn't get a screen shot yesterday).

NewGame.jpg

Why can I not see the post to thread box its gone for me? ? "Edit" don't worry it fixed itself.

Mode: Survival 530755

SERVER NAME: public

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Drones de-spawning

Description: the drones after being killed de-spawn before I get a chance to loot them, if 6 come then 3 or more are gone by the time I get to them.
    My HV just shot one and within 5 seconds it had gone.

Reproduce; Kill a drone - random de-spawn times

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  6. Keith

Keith Commander

Mode: Survival 530755

SERVER NAME: public

Reproducibility: always
    Severity: Major

Summary: base turrets.

What is wrong with the base turrets? while I'm at my home base, the drones don't get anywhere near my base they don't even show up on my map My first line of defence i.e. stand alone turrets they make history of them at 600+ metres from my base.

But when I leave my base and go exploring for ore, I come home to find 2-3 dead drone scattered up next to my base the inner turrets should have killed them at 300+ metres and the outer one at an even greater range yet they are scattered in and around my base.

Why is it that they work when I'm home but become a lot less efficient when I'm not home. ?

think threes a bug here.

(Note my base wasn't designed to with stand drone attacks why I have turrets spaced at about 100m apart on the ridge line around my base. I now have 12

A combo of flak and now more cannon turrets. but as you can see the drones have bypassed my turrets and got right on top of my base. sorry its such a long post, but starting to annoy me. (and some mini-gun player turrets as well on my home x8 and an another 8 surrounding the hanger (a different base) I also have 6 cannon turrets and 4 flak turrets on my hanger base they seem to get past them as well. I checked all have Ammo and fuel and comply with max turrets per base.

Hereshopingitdontcrash-170212-0412_2017-02-15_00-01-37.jpg

7. SightedNZ

SightedNZ Lieutenant

I've noticed this as well.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I too dig Underground Bases on Lava Planets, & i've taken a liking to the 'Underground Glow of Power'... it'd be a shame for me if it was indeed a Bug. :(

I've also noticed it can add a significant boost in Challenge for POIs that extend Underground enough to get affected by this, especially in the case of it can hide Alien Sentry Turrets from Sight pretty damn well.

Ouchers... I wonder if something went wrong with the Playfield Loading during that Warp & if those missing CV Components had some kinda Terminal Load Failure? :(

Have ya sent the Devs a Client.log File from right after that happened?

Got Client.log or Crash Logs for the Devs?

Known Bug. When the Chunk your Base is Unloaded, the Base Weapons & Drone Weapons can't work, but Drone Pathing & Travel can so the Drones can cheater stroll onto the top of your Base & be parked there when ya return & the Chunk is Re-Loaded & the Drone & Base Weapons both go active, giving the Drones an unfair Alpha Strike Advantage. :(

9. SightedNZ

SightedNZ Lieutenant

I'm really hoping that this isn't an engine limitation.

This discussion just reminded me of that issue where occasionally, entire chunks of terrain simply disappear and you find yourself flying over grey colored emptiness. Reloading the game brings it right through.
    I don't have enough information yet to raise a bug report because I can't reliably reproduce it. I have noticed that it occurs more often when I'm racing back to my base to defend against a drone attack.

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I'd try waiting for a Base Attack warning while ya have a Base & the location of that Planet's Drone Base known, as the Drones always come from the Drone Base, then wait for the Drone Wave between the Drone Base & your Base till ya see them then fly away to somewhere that'll place you far away from the Chunk your Base is in, give it a few minutes, fly to Base, it should be Reproduced. I think it's SOLVING the problem without making new problems that might be the trick here. Dunno how the Devs could resolve this.

11. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

I am STILL gaving steam share play issues whereby it kickes me when I exit my CV cockpit telling my I might be sharing (which I am not). 10 times today.... TEN times!!

12. Frederick Taer

Frederick Taer Lieutenant

Mode: Any

SEED-ID: 0

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:
    No

Severity: Major

Summary: Hangar Doors behavior makes then unusable.

Description: Can't describe this, just watch the video. :)

Steps to Reproduce: take any sv/hv larger then tiny, try to move through the hangar door.

Tyrax Lightning, Pantera and DeeGee like this.
  13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah, thats still happening. Funny thing is that they're kinda slow-ish when you manually open them. But when they go berserk - with a vessel in their maw - they're just opening & closing lightning fast. Not really sure whats the problem as sometimes they work fine. Is it when you enter them in an angle and not straight ahead? Not sure.

14. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Sorry the OT but that's a great looking vessel. Yours? If so, wouldn't mind if you post more pics (or video) in the appropriate Vessel thread (Hover Vessel I presume?) so I can admire it some more. Thanks! :)

15. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Mode: Survival Multiplayer

If applicable:

Severity: Minor

Summary: Mountain's collision box still there after removing part of the dirt.

Description: We dug a base out of a mountain, but I cannot land a ship even near it because the mountain's collision box.
    20170214094740_1.jpg

I cannot park the ship any closer then where it currently is without running into the mountain.

16. Zed283

Zed283 Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: HWS North America server
    SEED-ID:

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Severity: Trivial

Summary: HV Power Consumption Remains High with Engines Off

Description: Shutting off the thrusters and the hover engines on a HV does not reduce the power consumption. Shutting off the hover engines will ground the HV so the game does recognize that they are off, but power consumption remains high and unchanged. It reminds me of the similar problem with CV thrusters before the update that corrected it.

17. AlexAKM

AlexAKM Ensign

Yes. Its in MP, in deep space. Server HWS EU.

18. AlexAKM

AlexAKM Ensign

mm... I try to repeat it away from our park-zone, bc its PvP-space.

But its the same every where - u just need fly 30-60 km from nearest planet in space, and than repair or deconstruct something.

19. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

When you are getting kicked is the other person you are on steam family share with coming online ?
    just a thought when the other player comes online in steam family share it will kick the other player on family share.

20. rebel7

rebel7 Ensign

Mode: Creative
    SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:No

Severity:Major
    Summary:

Description: Modify any blueprint in creative mode and save it, doubles, sometimes triples the iron amount needed for the blueprint afterwards.

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.