Bug Reports: Alpha 5.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    AHEAD of reporting ANY bug, please read through these two pinned topics:

1. READ FIRST - CLEAN INSTALL+ possible fix for blueprints not loading
    2. READ FIRST - Important for SERVER OWNERS, ADMINS and PLAYERS!!

=========================

Please post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

------------- KNOWN ISSUES ----------------

1. You will get S-type Blocks when deconstructing some POIs (this can not be fixed for BP or POIS that were created before v1.0 > we need to swap/update the POIs. Same for old blueprints or ships that were created before the S-L Block separation. Please run "replaceblocks (ID) -alpha4" and overwrite your bluprint in that case)

2. Hangar Doors bite after ships
    This happens when you move LONG vessels too slowly through hangar doors.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Leon the Log

Leon the Log Ensign

I have installed this (5.4) on my GS server.
    Nitrado has also installred this.
    I have it insatlled client side.

All I can do on any of the three above , is zoom in and zoom out and move the map around on the top-down plane.
    WASD/O keys have no effect

also when trying to enter Eleon test server it tells me to have EAC switched on. I switch it on and it still gives the same message.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  3. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Mode: Creative & Survival

SERVER NAME: Any
    SEED-ID: Any

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Summary: Hanger doors eat ships

Description: Anytime to enter or leave a hanger door, the door tries to close.

Steps to Reproduce: Add a hanger door somewhere, either ship or base. Drive a ship through it.
    The door tries to close while you're in the way, sometimes launching your ship into the wall or upside down.
    (The only way around this is to shut down the power until after you go through the door)

Devs, I know you all are buried in fixing nasty things, but can we please have a switch to turn off the doors if you don't have the time to fix this? :(

Reference discussion thread:
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/h...quick-solution-for-the-devs.9564/#post-100800

Keith, Achilles and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Are you IN ORBIT when opening the map?

This is not for planet-side maps.

5. Leon the Log

Leon the Log Ensign

ah that was the problem ...I must haqve mis read...I thought it refered to the galactic map, not the orbit map... duh :oops:

so yes it works as intended then ,,,nice touch guys...more realistic
    :)

6. mc_lloyd

mc_lloyd Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Lloyd Boys

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unable
    Severity: Minor

Summary:
    Items disappearing from tanks

Description:
    On several occasions I've had it where items will just disappear from my fuel and warp drive tanks. I filled up my SV with a full tank of 10 fusion cells. I was parked near my BA so ran back inside to use the Food Processor and Advanced Constructor for about 15 minutes. When I returned to my SV, it had turned off and the fuel tanks were empty. This server is just with my brothers, both of whom were at work, so I know no one came and took them. Similarly, I've had full BAs suddenly become empty.
    On another occasion, I had 100 crystals in the warp tank and I warped 18 only to find that the tank was empty. I had another 50 or so on me so I added them to the tank and warped 15. Again, empty tank.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Unknown
    None

7. downwood0

downwood0 Lieutenant

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: Aegis Adrift
    SEED-ID: custom

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes - custom planet, orbit, moon playfields and custom sectors.

Reproducibility: Always on customized planets

Summary: No map

Description:

When pulling up the map in a system with a customized Oribt, Planet, and Moon, there is nothing loading into the map, the screen has the ship, the blue circle, and that is is. No planets, no lines for where a planet should be, no distance circles.

Steps to Reproduce:

NewGame_0_2017-02-16_10-25-08.png

It appears to be associated with setting a custom seed to be used on either the planet or the moon involved. I've used the same orbit playfield (mild customization) with another new planet, using default seed, and it works fine.

Achilles and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Problems with star map:

- terrain shown on planets doesn't match actual planet terrain

- position of sun is wrong (in game it is behind me, but map shows me on the dark side of the planet)

- auto-level rotates map ecliptic and keeps mouse controls aligned to ecliptic (result: moving the mouse sideways rotates map up/down or other odd directions based on new ecliptic position.)

- can't "orbit" up and down.

Achilles and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Phatamata

Phatamata Ensign

Mode: (Creative)

SERVER NAME: None
    SEED-ID: Will need to edit this post and put this in later when I get home.

If applicable:

Severity: Minor

Summary:
    Hello!
    These are a few bugs I noticed during the last update, not sure if you had handled them or not.
    Issue with Multitool moving across screen slowly.
    Issue with structural integrity color when repairs are finished.
    Issue with targeting certain items with Multitool.

Description:

In creative mode, my t2 multi tool shakes when I equip it and slowly over the few hours I'm playing moves from the right side of my character to the left side.

When building a base and you turn on structural integrity, if I accidentally hit a block with the multitool and go to repair it back to full health, the block does not go back to the bright green fully structurally sound color that it was initially. Only will go back to that if I delete the block and replace it with a new one.

Sometimes the repair option of the multitool does not work..It will fire at a section that has low HP but the HP and use ammo but the HPdoes not go up.
    Relating to this, sometimes it is hard to target the item that is damaged with the multitool in order to destroy/repair it...I've only really seen this happen if I use the premade wings.

This is all I remember so far..Let me know if you need any more info from me, I'll try and provide you with all that I can!

Steps to Reproduce:

10. Stemm

Stemm Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: not public
    SEED-ID: 554433

If applicable:

Reproducibility: Sometimes

Summary: Oxygen Hydrogen Generator goes OFF

Description: 2 out of 5 Oxygen Hydrogen Generators went off, not producing anything. When I removed them (shift-F) the water under them had diasppeared (see the picture). Slightly different bahaviour than bug in 5.3.

Steps to Reproduce: Place generator, add fuel, do empyrion stuff around, log off, login, check your genetrators.

Attached Files:

11. Maddreg

Maddreg Lieutenant

CV's are still shaking sometimes when placed on flat surface (steel blocks in my case)

12. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

SERVER NAME: WASD Games
    SEED-ID: 987654

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, heavily.

Severity: Trivial

Summary: No go on me being able to Fly SV & have Space Map open at same time as Update says I should now be able to.

Description: I have bought a Custom Planet, "Sorka", on this Server with the Requested Seed Number above, & it's like a Mios 2.0 & also came with a PvE Space Playfield so I could build in Orbit as I play instead of SP Creative so I can Mad Empyrion Science & Admin at the same time. (& as a cool bonus, RNGesus blessed this Playfield with a Pharos Trading Station! Rad work from @Dinkelsen indeed! It doesn't actually say exactly "Pharos Trading Station" specifically but I know this has to be what it is cause I recognize it from its Submission on this Forum somewhere, forget where now... :D) Anyway, when flying into Sorka Orbit from Sorka to check out the new Starmap, this is how it controls for me directly within Sorka Orbit & on the Map Space Playfield Screen: W & S: Zooms in & out. A & D: Pans Camera left & right. Hold LMB & Pan: Pans Camera Clockwise & Counterclockwise. Hold RMB & Pan: ... dammit, I forget, i'll have to repeat this action & report on it. >_<

Anyway, I didn't even know this was faulty till Mr. Fun tried this same thing out & exclaimed, literally, over TeamSpeak 3, how cool it was to now be able to move around in Space while Map Navigating with it open. So... I now have read the new Update Notes & see this is Bug Report worthy & am Reporting it.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to Sorka Orbit, Open Map, make sure Space Playfield Tab is selected, try to move around with WASD & note my SV still holding position & the Map panning around instead.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: I wish RL hadn't screwed me outta having time to check this out in Experimental first so I coulda maybe caught this before it went Live. Also was busy in WASD Games play needing to escape the Starter World before its next damn Reset. :/

Dinkelsen likes this.
  13. Neal

Neal Captain

Mode: Creative (AFAIK)

Severity: Minor/Major

Summary: Game stutters/heavy lag when building

Description: In creative mode (i haven't tested in other modes), the game stutters heavy, especially when (shift) deleting blocks.
    I haven't changed any graphics setting, i guess it's the new jetpack engine effect (maybe reflections of it).
    Wanted to continue working on a ship in creative mode, after the patch (only minutes after the game went smoothly), it began to stutter. Even after restarting the Game and later restarting the Computer, the problem stayed.

[​IMG]

14. bobsamurai

bobsamurai Ensign

when i scroll the galaxy map off screen it gets stuck and wont return. when i create a new game this problem carries over

15. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Can you please send me the full savegame > please upload to dropbox and send me a PM

16. Gordholm

Gordholm Moderator

try use the mouse wheel to zoom in, as soon as you see some lines you should be able to move it again

17. downwood0

downwood0 Lieutenant

Nitrado's service interface sort of sucks, so no, not easily. I'll see what I can pull together.

18. downwood0

downwood0 Lieutenant

After alot more testing this morning I was able to get it to work.

first, some background data, this is the playfield.yaml sectors data for the planet in question:

Code:
    - Coordinates: [500, 0 , 22]
      Color: 0.04, 0.5, 0.5
      Icon: Circle
      Playfields:
      - ['0, 0, 0', New Glarus Orbit, SpaceAsteroidNewGlarus]
      - ['0, 0, 0', New Glarus, Temperate5, '']
      - ['6000, 1000, 6000', Luna, NewGlarusMoon]

Previously I had tried just deleting the playfield cache folder hoping that would force a rebuild but just doing that did not help.

Steps I took, which resulted in proper functioning (some probably had nothing to do with this)

1: went to look at another sector previously unvisited (this may be important). Zeyhines also had a custom moon file with a non-default seed, but had never been visited. There was no zeyhines orbit folder at the time, so a new one was created. Map worked fine.

2: changed sector playfield file data from the above for the moon part to:

Code:
      - ['6000, 1000, 6000', New Glarus Moon, NewGlarusMoon]
    Thinking that maybe having a mismatch between the planet and the moon name may be causing the issue. I deleted the New Glarus Orbit folder, restarted. Cleared my playfield cache folder while I waited for the restart. Zoned to sector and the map worked fine. Off to a good start. However, just to make sure...

3. I reset the sectors playfield.yaml back to the original settings. Deleted the Orbit folder again, and restarted. Cleared my playfield cache folder while I waited for a restart. Server came up, zoned to sector and everything is fine now.

I am unsure what caused the original problem now, but possibly the name mismatch. However, clearing the orbit folder appears to have at the very least fixed the problem.

19. Keith

Keith Commander

Creative mode

Blueprints no longer import from steam libary to game.

20. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Log out from steam and relogin. Workshop = steam issue (As this is handled by steam 99%)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.