Bug Reports: Alpha 5.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. C5vette

C5vette Ensign

SLI is not your major issue, the game is seriously bottle necked by the CPU and the game's lack of CPU core utilization. Since the game is only utilizing a single core of your CPU, having too many objects functioning in your instance will drag your video to a very low frame, regardless of GPU cores and video memory. I have been experiencing lower to low video performance using an Intel Xeon E3 1231, 16GB DDR3 System Memory, with a single GTX1080 and RX480 .

While testing video performance between the AMD RX480 and the NVidia GTX1080, there was only a 2 frame difference between video cards on the same system (Empyrion Video Setting @ Best / Resolution (2 monitors tested) set @ 2560x1600 and 3440x1440.

These tests confirm the limitations of the game due to the lack of CPU core utilization. The more objects/creatures you have and the more blocks you build , the lower your frames will get due to current CPU single core speeds and lack of game utilization of multiple CPU cores.

With that said, to answer your question on SLI support, "NO" the game does not support SLI in Empyrion. You can try to force SLI with your video drivers or through 3rd party software, but currently SLI is not supported in this game. And even if this game supported SLI, once you have enough creatures and/or blocks in the instance you are in, planet or space environment, your frames will drop below 25fps (depending on video settings, maybe into single digits).

Its a shame because I love this game :(

Astralism and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. pachangas

pachangas Ensign

SEED-ID: 570675 - single player
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major 'cos it's annoying and stupid!
    Summary:
    Magic shot damage from POI.

Description:
    Just crusin' on Akua in my new SV and I find an Epsilon MK1 base. It fires at me and I just cruise on by. When I land I find it's destroyed my fuel tanks and nothing else.
    These are between two medium jets and a couple of layers of hardened steel blocks that are otherwise untouched.
    Somehow it's destroyed the tanks in the centre of the SV without touching the exterior.

Tyrax Lightning and Kronoss like this.
  3. Kronoss

Kronoss Captain

Yea this Happens to me a lot when I attack basses. It is like the shot is area of effect and just ignores the armor you have on your SV. PVP ships have about 4-5 full layers of armor and look ugly as hell. I wish the projectiles did an surface check and didn't distribute their damage into the ship while you still had armor in that area. If they would use/damage the armor first in the area of effect it wouldn't be so bad. For now just try not to get hit.

Tyrax Lightning and Exacute like this.
  4. Ballard

Ballard Captain

Server: Multi player server
    VERSION: 5.4.0 0867
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Probably, but IDFK
    Reproducibility: Always - after relogs over several days
    Severity: Minor to moderate
    Summary: New CV guns are not visible in Control Panel

Description: I am working on my CV, and added some guns, moved another. The guns recently added are not visible in the control Panel. This means that I cannot control them at all, not even to turn them off. This has proven to be very wasteful. (Not to mention rather brutal when artillery opens fire on a plant monster.)

EDIT: I also cannot see a thruster. So it is more than just guns. Also note that most things show up just fine.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Are they the auto turrets or the fixed weapons ?

6. Ballard

Ballard Captain

A CV is Auto aim only. and now a thruster is not showing up as well.

7. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

CV's can have Vessel Mounted Weapons the Pulse laser & Rocket launcher. see http://empyrion.gamepedia.com/Category:Vessel_Mounted_Weapons

I was just curios because the latest experimental build everything you report seems fine with a fresh 5.5 save.

8. Zed283

Zed283 Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: HWS North America server
    SEED-ID:
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor

Summary: Connectivity Issue

Description: I don't know if this is a game bug suitable for reporting here, but for the past few days a connectivity issue has popped up. While playing, a message in red appears "Cannot Send to Dedicated Server Any More". I still receive messages and images from the server but cannot initiate any actions (can't enter or exit cockpit, can't open containers, etc.). Rarely the game will reconnect, usually I have to exit and reconnect, often several times in a row. Upon reconnection, my character is usually well back from the point I received the message. If I had picked up something, it will often be gone from inventory. Sometimes if I wait, after 5 minutes or so the game will disconnect with the message "You have been kicked by EAC".
    Any ideas? Is this likely a game issue, a server issue, or a local issue with my PC?

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

9. Stemm

Stemm Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: not public
    SEED-ID: 554433

If applicable:

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Summary: Autominers have huge production times or has no production time at all
    Description: See pictures attached "Next product"

Attached Files:

10. Stemm

Stemm Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: not public
    SEED-ID: 554433

If applicable:

Reproducibility: happens few times a week
    Severity: Major

Summary: Faction disappears
    Description: See picture. 1. When you log in faction is disappered and all ships and bases have [???] instead of faction abbrevation. 2. if you re-create your faction with console command you can't choose abbrevation.

Attached Files:

11. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Armored doors take no damage from explosive devices. (Only the default type, the vertical doors behave normally.)

12. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

MP only correct ?
    I couldn't reproduce it in singleplayer.

13. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

No, I'm in SP. It's the very specific one type of door. The armored one with the opaque window in it. I just noticed it was in 5.5 already, so I'm in the wrong thread. ;)

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  14. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Ok I just thought you played on your own local server.

15. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

I was testing a few servers and got same EAC messages. I hit the windows key, opened system services. And EAC was running. Yet tried 3 servers, same error message. Don't know cause of this. Hope developers do.

16. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Have you both tried shutting the game down after turning EAC on in the options menu then restarting the game & try again ?

17. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

SEED-ID: 637281954
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes
    We have a private server with about 20 custom planets plus all vanilla game planets have their own separate
    playfield, all are fixed seeds and fixed POI's. About 35 custom POI's as well as modified vanilla game POI's. Am doing some testing. So using those files in SP survival mode.

Severity: Minor and Major

Summary:Found 3 bugs, will list from minor to major

Description:Bug 1. Approached the crashed Talos. And found it's thrusters running. All of the one's still attached.
    Galatic_Vacation_2017-02-25_02-20-58.jpg
    Bug 2. Took over a farm on Akua. Wanted to add a light to ceiling of upper grow area. I double checked. The walkway bounding box is up.
    Will let me place a grow light, but not a regular light to bottom of catwalk.
    Galatic_Vacation_2017-02-25_13-48-40.jpg
    Bug 3. This is major. Since it stops game play. Was testing several of our custom planets. So left my base on Akua and went cruising. When I left everything was good. When I returned the terrain was totally messed up. Where there was a lake by my base. Now terrain blocks (see image).
    Did a game restart, still messed up.
    Galatic_Vacation_2017-02-25_22-21-46.jpg
    Galatic_Vacation_2017-02-25_22-22-29.jpg

What's most strange is that we use a separate custom playfield file for Akua. Not using the Temperate file. Or any other vanilla playfield.

Steps to Reproduce: Just load game. There they are.
    Will have my developers look at it Monday. Maybe it's something I did. But I know I have not modified any file. And client\server side files are the same.
    EDIT: Just loaded the game again to see if terrain corrected itself. This is how it looks after complete game restart.
    Galatic_Vacation_2017-02-25_23-28-15.jpg
    Galatic_Vacation_2017-02-25_23-28-37.jpg
    Figured I'd check before retiring for night. Looks like I'll have to do a new game start.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Is that custom playfield for akua using a custom seed ID or the same seed ID as the dedicated.yaml ?

19. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Lieutenant

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

Summary:
    HV with destroyed fuel tank still operates with all the fuel previously loaded

Description:
    Attacked by rocket drone while mining, the HV had its fuel tank destroyed. After picking the fuel off the ground, the player was able to enter the cockpit, start the craft and fly back to base.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Create a HV and fill the fuel tank
    Verify the HV is operable, check the time remaining on the fuel gauge, then turn off the HV
    Destroy the fuel tank (mullti-tool works fine for this)
    Turn on the HV and check the time on the fuel gauge.

20. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Lieutenant

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:

Reproducibility: Unknwn

Summary: Deconstructing an Ion Cannon (Alien) provides a working player Cannon Turret

Description:

I attacked Thermica Station above Akua and took out the core with a bunch of alien ion cannon still intact.

Deconstruction of an Ion Cannon (Alien) turret produced a normal Cannon Turret.

Tyrax Lightning and Frigidman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.