Bug Reports: Alpha 5.5.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

We rent a server with GTX Gaming. Looking for log files.....

2. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

OK, think I found it - attached.

(I am LauraM for reference purposes)

Attached Files:

3. Scott.Ward

Scott.Ward Commander

Actually, I have reported a lot bugs and things that are needed to make substainable playfields and they for the most part go unheard. So I have stopped reporting and wait for 6.0 ... if ...
    - Frieghters are still broken after months of reporting
    - POI's are not able to refresh naturally from the game (more YAML options)(This has been requested for over a year by users)
    I shut down my server as it is to much work required maintianing a substainable playfield at this date.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

My game crashed to a black screen 7x today. Reboot required each time (audio gone after crash as well as some other system oddities each time).

I seem to be having DirectX 11 troubles, but so far no one can help me. Might not even be an Empyrion problem, but so far I have no trouble with any other games EXCEPT Empyrion.

Maybe someone can take a gander at a typical crash log (attached) and give me their ideas. I have sent MULTIPLE of them to Empyrion admin, but they do not seem to have any ideas.

I have an MSI Dominator GT-VR 6RE
    Intel i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60GHz
    32GB RAM
    Windows 10 64-bit
    NVIDA GeForce 1070

Current on ALL updates including drivers.

ie: I'm not lacking the power to run the game.

The big two offenders appear to be:

d3d11: failed to create vertex buffer of size
    D3D11: Failed to create RenderTexture

Anyone have any ideas?

I would deeply appreciate any insight into this issue.

Attached Files:

5. kaapok

kaapok Ensign

This happens every day now. My Faction corrupts and there is only ??? sing like this
    Neppa_2017-04-02_09-58-38 (Small).png

And that mean no more growing in farms. They are totally stopped. even if i change growing plot or plants. the hole area is dead.

Neppa_2017-04-02_09-58-22 (Small).png

And then all my devices like automings and generators are going crazy. theys timings went strange. like 100 000- 400 000 seconds to next product.
    Neppa_2017-04-02_09-59-44 (Small).png
    Neppa_2017-04-02_10-01-11 (Small).png

and now this happens every day.
    I have two different servers in Nitrado and this happens both of them and allmost every morning

So playing is frustrated. Nothing grows and autominings dont work. You have to renew then (put it in your pocket and made then again) and then its works. but when reset comes all product is gone.

is there any other samekind problems?

Attached Files:

6. Mav

Mav Ensign

Not really a "bug", but i'm getting random crashes on the latest non-experimental build. my Radeon software also craps out at the same time.

http://imgur.com/a/w9RXx

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  7. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

I'm running dual Radon RX480s and have not had any issues. Did notice that it says "BIG PICTURE" will now exit. You must be running steam in big picture mode. Try turning that off. Not sure what GPU card you have or what your viewing device is. So can't give any advice beyond this. When you post bugs you should include system and hardware info. This helps troubleshoot problems.
    As for my viewing device. At home using a Samsung 48" 4k smart tv. The only radon issue I see with any game is ReLive crashing games if left on. But this is an on going unfixed issue with ReLive. Also what OS version are you running.

8. Mav

Mav Ensign

thanks for the reply! i am now running with big picture off. my GPU is a sapphire nitro r9 fury and my monitor is an AOC G2460P. sorry for not posting this before. I am on Windows 8.1.

9. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Wow, your Graphics Card isn't far off from mine, I run a Sapphire NITRO R9 390! :D

I never could understand what the point of Steam's "Big Picture Mode" even was, & thus i've never turned it on or checked it out.

10. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

I have a dual boot system setup. With win 7 on 1 HD and win 10 on the an other HD. And have used this game and others with both systems. And have found that games seem to run better with 7. But this, I believe is more of a DirectX issue. Games are not yet updated to new DirectX version and therefore Win 10 switches to legacy mode when running games. Win 8 was just a second attempt (a poor attempt at best) of fixing all the issues of Vista. Would suggest you downgrade to win 7. At least until games update to new DirectX version.

11. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

*sigh*

More crashes. Multiple crashes to black screen, Task Manager forced shutdown, no audio, system reboot required.

D3D shader create error for vertex shader [0x887a0005]
    D3D shader create error for pixel shader [0x887a0005]
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Unlit/Text 1' - Pass '' has no vertex shader

Those appear to be the culprits.

I have tried everything I know to fix this, even redownloaded DirectX and reinstalled to find any missing files. Nothing works.

Yes, have verified the files dozens of time -- every crash.

Have a NVIDIA GTX 1070 updated with latest driver.

Windows 10 completely updated.

Found this online that might help someone help me fix this:

If you aren't familiar with shader languages, a quick discussion is in order. Shaders are small, low-level programs that are compiled and run at specific stages in the graphics pipeline. Their specialty is very fast floating-point mathematical operations. The most common shader programs are:

• Vertex shader—Executed for each vertex in a scene. This shader operates on vertex buffer elements provided to it by the calling app, and minimally results in a 4-component position vector that will be rasterized into a pixel position.
    • Pixel shader—Executed for each pixel in a render target. This shader receives rasterized coordinates from previous shader stages (in the simplest pipelines, this would be the vertex shader) and returns a color (or other 4-component value) for that pixel position, which is then written into a render target.
    This example includes very basic vertex and pixel shaders that only draw geometry, and more complex shaders that add basic lighting calculations.

Shader programs are written in Microsoft High Level Shader Language (HLSL). HLSL syntax looks a lot like C, but without the pointers. Shader programs must be very compact and efficient. If your shader compiles to too many instructions, it cannot be run and an error is returned. (Note that the exact number of instructions allowed is part of the Direct3D feature level.)

Latest crash file attached -- have dozens more if anyone wants them.

Attached Files:

12. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

This is the short version of most likely issue your having with Win 10. Many games do not play well with Win 10. Reason, most games are not equipped to handle the new directX 12. And win 10 by default has 12 running even if you have legacy versions installed. I have a dual boot system. Have 7 on one drive and 10 on another drive. Whenever this issue you posted happens with win 10. I simply go to my graphics driver settings and add that game to games list then set graphics driver to override global settings. Then set DirectX 11 or 10 as D3D device to use for that game. This issue has been heavily posted across many game forums. So is a common issue. I run 2 Radon RX480s. And every game that I try to run on win 10, I have to do this for them to work.

13. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

"I simply go to my graphics driver settings and add that game to games list then set graphics driver to override global settings. Then set DirectX 11 or 10 as D3D device to use for that game."

Would I do this in NVIDIA Control Panel? I also have NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.13 I would assume it would be in one of those where I can add an application/game and override settings, but I do not see where I can choose DirectX11 , 10 or 12.

Since you don't use NVIDIA perhaps you can't help me, but maybe someone could? This might be the answer to my problem.

Thanks

P.S. Here is what NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.1 is all about: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403676

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  14. EightX

EightX Ensign

okey so my problem is that the Textures are going white so much that i cant play the game anymore cant see out of windows and stuff.
    20170407202745_1.jpg all planets there are white on is like this can't see anyting on them my freinds can see no probs but i cant and one more thing.

20170406201901_1.jpg
    this is a big problem i do not see the exits all white :S playing on a win 7. amd Fx 6300 six core cpu. and a 1070 gtx strix asus. my mother borde is a Asus m5 a97 r2.0 i know it dosent have 3.0 pci-e but this is the only game i have any problems with... 20170407201858_1.jpg
    this is when i leave the panet of white :/
    and dont forget the pink rocks on the moons 20170406205534_1.jpg
    PLZ Fix it! i have manny more pic's with white stuff like plants and bases, cv,sv.....

15. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

From what I can see. Looks like a major malfunction with your textures. Would strongly suggest you do a file validation through steam. Something this extreme makes me think your texture folder got corrupt somehow. Your hardware specs are such that you should have no graphics issues as would be with lower end systems. So do a file validation. Also, before doing file validation. Goto your "Empyrion - Galactic Survival->Content->Bundles" folder, and delete the bundles folder. Then do file validation. Then a new uncorrupted folder and contents will be installed. This assures that if there is corruption, then it's removed. Hope this helps.

16. TwistedMaster

TwistedMaster Commander

We use Nvidia graphics cards at work. Will check there to see where the settings are at. I think they're found in the gForce experience app that runs in your system tray. I know that is where we find "Shadow Play" To record game and app videos. Won't be at work until Monday, but will check and let you know what I find.

17. EightX

EightX Ensign

it dosen't allredy tried it :S

well it dosn't help tried it dosent help and am not the only one with that problem i only play on the offical Eu server and manny players on there have the same problem but is not just that server its more sens the newest patch it happend pepole say i just stardet play like 3 days ago and i hate the white texture bug so much that i cant play the game :(

18. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Ensign

Mode: Tested in Creative and Survival
    Location: Tested on Singleplayer and a private Dedicated Server

SEED-ID: NA. This bug can be reproduced on ANY seed.

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility:
    Always

Severity:
    Minor??? It is however a HUGE exploit.

Summary:
    Explosives Device will always break non-full blocks if placed on one of the 'inside' faces of the block.

Description:
    When placing an Explosives Device on one of the 'inside' faces of a non-full block (tested on many but not all shapes), the blast will always destroy the block regardless of the blocks HP.

This will NOT happen when non-full blocks are hit by any other types of explosions such as Rockets, Plasma Canon, Turrets, or mounted weapons. It will ONLY occur when using Explosives Devices.

Also of note: this also happens in the latest experimental build.

Attached Files:

19. PrettyGreenJelly

I have an annoying bug wich makes my structures at several positions complete white but at my friends game not ive installed it new but its always there pls i want an patch quickly or just an solution i cant play with that pls
    -I want an answer quickly pls

Attached Files:

20. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Does this issue persist when you shut the game down to desktop & reload the the save in the same spot ?
    What Video settings are you using ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.