Bug Reports: Alpha 5.5.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrettyGreenJelly

1. No always
    • Windows 7
    • quattro intel core i5-2320 CPU 3.00 GHz
    • 8 GB RAM
    • Direct X 11
    • AMD Radeon HD 6800 series

Pantera likes this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

ok if Im right your card only has 1gb of vram http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/6000/6850#
    What in game video settings are you using ? they are in the options menu.

Have you tried your video setting on preset set to 'Fast' in the video options menu to start with & see if the issue persists ?

3. PrettyGreenJelly

Now i have them and the issues are gone weird very weird

Attached Files:

4. jccpsc

jccpsc Lieutenant

Hello

Torrets Problem:

The Mini gun Torret , either base or CV they still attack predators or aliens even if they are configured to not do it.
    The other torrets don't know , did'nt checked.
    This is veryfied either on server or SP.

Cheers

JCC

5. EightX

EightX Ensign

No that bug keeps coming back i have the same i fixt the hole screen white issue i hade my brigtness was to high. tho the textures turning white need to be patch and fast starting to lose intrest in the game when i cant se out of my ships when the texture bugs. :/

6. EightX

EightX Ensign

i have the same problem :/ hope they patch it soon.

7. jccpsc

jccpsc Lieutenant

Hello Again

The patroll ship on Ómicron has a new bug that i never seen described here

I shot directly to where the core is and got the core down , the the ship started falling smoothy and went through the groung and vanished after a few seconds.

Cheers

JCC

8. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I had the same issue but can't replicate it anymore. When I went to godmode, I saw it falling under the terrain still.

9. PandaLyfe

PandaLyfe Ensign

Mode: Whole Game

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major?

Summary: I can't start the game. I played this game a lot last year, and then put it down for a while. I wanted to get back into it about a month ago, and tried starting it up. The initial load screen pops up, and then is frozen there endlessly. I've waited upwards of 25 minutes, and no progress. I thought maybe it was a patch issue, so I waited for weeks for each update to come out, but I'm always stuck on the loading screen.

Things I've Tried:
    1) Uninstalling Empyrion and Reinstalling (and deleting all local content from computer)
    2) Logging out of Steam and logging back in
    3) Running Empyrion as administrator
    4) Uninstalling and Reinstalling Steam
    5) Full virus scan of my computer
    6) Verify Integrity of Game Files
    7) Checking the forums for others with similar issues

I can't find others having the same problem as me, so I thought it was my computer. But if anyone has any insight, I'd love to try it. I'm really itching to get back into this game, and I honestly don't know what else to try.

Here's a quick look at my specs, just to show my computer isn't ass.
    i7 4790k, GTX 960, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Z97X G1 mobo.

This is the screen I always get stuck on. The loading bar doesn't move, nothing moves. It's just this for 25+ minutes.
    upload_2017-4-12_21-1-44.png

Please help :(

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  10. Dr. Harambe MD

Dr. Harambe MD Lieutenant

Anyone able to find a fix for the texture crashes/white texture on devices and blocks issue yet? It's not making the game unplayable for me yet but its annoying as hell. I figured it had something to do with my CPU/mobo/ram being old but it seems people with pretty beefy set ups are experiencing it too. I monitor all the temps for cpu/gpu ect and nothing is out of the ordinary in that regard.

11. N99024

N99024 Captain

Mode: Survival

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Severity: Minor

Summary: You can hear other players jetpacks in MP

Description: I've noticed you can hear other players Jetpacks in MP. even when yours is off.

Steps to Reproduce: Just be in a server with two or more players on one playfield.

12. Dandy

Dandy Ensign

SEED-ID: 88976134 akua moon

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Don't know mashed some numbers randomly at the world seed when starting the game

Reproducibility: Haven't tried due to severity
    Severity: Trivial

Summary: i found some oddly small deposits on akua moon. 20 ore deposits can't be normal right??

Description: smallest deposits ever

Steps to Reproduce:

20170418154022_1.jpg 20170418222540_1.jpg 20170418223046_1.jpg 20170418223639_1.jpg

Attached Files:

13. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Known issue.

14. N99024

N99024 Captain

k

15. Wakfu

Wakfu Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: Renntech
    SEED-ID: (NA)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: I guess the server modified it somehow

Severity: Game Breaking

Summary: Base turret shots pass through square block armor if they are stacked together in layers, like for pvp ships.

Description:
    These two steam threads which seem to be being overlooked discuss how shots are passing through Blocks of armor and directly hitting the core or other internals. The problem comes when you use square blocks for armor and place them face to face in multiple layers, to create cube ships for PVP particularly.

Skip to 10:30 in the video.

Youtube video discussing it slightly. Lag shots. They say encase vitals in armored glass and use pyramids inside your ship (as in anything with angular block and not square blocks) so you could lace inside your beatiful ship with pyramid blocks or build the whole thing out of angular blocks.

Skip to 10:30 in the video.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/2/133262848299076466/
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/2/133258593399662569/

Basically the entire layer behaves as though it doesn't exist and some shots passing straight through your layers and taking out the core, and your ship crashes basically fully intact.

I have only ever experienced this during PVP against base turrets. I have only ever experienced it with using the square block armor. Angular blocks are fine. When I wondered what was happening how I could be being shot down instantly in a 10 layer armor ship, I was told this was what is happening and did a search for it.

I don't know which weapon is the culprit. I don't know if FPS or lag plays a role. My settings were all on low for the battle, there was only 4 players and about 4 small enemy bases all loaded with guns, I had smooth gameplay, didn't seem laggy either. But unsure about packetloss. I saw no rubber banding.

I suspect it is the homing rockets, what else could be more accurate?

I am told their is a video on you tube showing it.

It says to go in God mode on single player. Go up to your ship which is built with square blocks. In third person look through the wall and you can see all past the 10 layers of armor and that's why shots pass through.

I rebuilt my ships using all SLOPE angle blocks, and same layers of armor and can report my core no longer gets instantly taken out.

Anyone else experience this or know of what I speak or do I need to make a video showing a 10 layer ship getting one shot out the sky by base guns. I don't see how it could be a player exploit since it is the base guns doing it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  16. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Ensign

Mode: Creative

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Minor

Summary: CV Thruster S uses different materials in the factory then when made with a constructor.

Description:
    CV Thruster S uses is requiring Neodyuium and Sathium when used in blueprints.

Attached Files:

17. a1gamewiz

a1gamewiz Ensign

SEED-ID: 511760

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Don't Know
    Severity: Minor or Major depending on how it makes you feel
    Summary: When I'm in a CV and toggle the spotlights quickly on and off the power usage drops but doesn't come back up once the light is turned back on. By doing this repeatedly, I can make the power consumption of the CV drop into the negative so that it never runs out of power. Getting out of the vehicle doesn't seem to change it's power consumption. Haven't thought to try turning the ship off but didn't think about it since it never runs out of power anyways. Haven't had time to build any other vehicles yet to see if it happens with the other 2 classes.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce: Toggle spotlights on and off quickly.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: Didn't think to grab a screenshot. I will log back into the game tonight to provide it.

18. Doc 2

Doc 2 Lieutenant

a ships center of gravity cannot be easily changed.
    i just built a new ship from start in creative, started by surrounding the core in two layers of combat.
    by the time i spawned the ship in the survival game, it had spawned on its left side.
    so i entered the ship, and what should have been the floor, was now the left wall, so i built new equipment,
    on the right wall which was my new floor i guess.
    i tried placing the cockpit on the left wall where it should be, but, it wouldnt place there. only on this one side.
    i tried removing the core, and modifying its orientation, to match the floor, i had wanted it to be.
    this is clearly a situation of incorrect center of gravity.
    If I could fix this in survival easily, by simply re-orientating the core, or having the cockpit placeable on any wall,
    that would be a major improvement to the game i believe, so im calling this a bug.
    i guess what happened was some how my orientation got screwed up, during the building around the core process.
    further more, what commands in creative can i use to modify my center of gravity to fix this problem,
    in creative for now? is it the -4.0 command? i read people were having this similar issue when converting 3.0 ships to
    4.0, and that command helped them. the command is "replaceblocks id -alpha4" will that help me here?

19. RWild

RWild Ensign

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: any seed same issue

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Summary: Severe stuttering

Description: every 1.5 to 2 seconds no input response and fps drops to 0, can last up to 1 second. cannot play game other than run around in god mode as it stutters so much that combat or building is extremely difficult. Works fine when I roll the game back to stable steam version, last version of experimental did not have this problem. No other problem with pc as it works just fine in everything else, ran memory test and checked bios settings nothing has changed.

Steps to Reproduce: play game on any planet.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information: will get a screen cap of gpu log

msi rx480 gpu logs show gpu cycling on off while on planets, works fine after loading into space then starts again on entering planets. I Have tested on several starting planets and then flown to moons and it persists, changed all graphics settings nothing makes a difference. Clean reinstall no difference. Latest amd graphics drivers.

20. Destrider

Destrider Ensign

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

Reproducibility: Often
    Severity: Major,

Summary: Inventory UI bugs

Description:

Steps to Reproduce: Hit TAB
    UI.png
    Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.