Bug Reports: Alpha 6.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

I am afraid i do not get what the issue is about. The video seems ok - you might need to drill longer until the ore is dropping...or did i miss the real issue here?

2. Hummel-o-War

Would be super helpful if you could zip the savegame, upload to a cloud service like Google Drive or Dropbox and send me the link! (Either here or via PM).

3. Ratan Kabidge

Ratan Kabidge Ensign

The issue is no resources are being gained, but only on Akua moon. It harvests resources in space and on Akua, I have not completed the CV as yet to travel to other systems, but I do have the resources to do so. I was just trying to upload the save game as you responded, however it says "file is too large" (zipped save directory, 19k.... seems odd as there is another post on the previous page at 38k(?). I'm OK as is, I can work around, was just trying to provide you guys with more information to work with, as I've not seen these listed quite this way before.

I am quite sure it is not the time drilled, notice the hole I dug, down roughly 15m and even into the sathium itself.

EDIT: my bad, 19M... its late, lol. I'm happy to send it to you via email if you are willing to message me an email or other means to get the zip file to you. I honestly have no cloud storage at all, have never had a need for it since my retirement 12 years ago, and the "cloud" was barely a puff of steam at the time lol.

EDIT2: Just tried removing all playfields except the three that I've visited thus far, still too large. Time for some sleep at 4am now, I'll check messages here and email tomorrow morning (well, perhaps afternoon, hehe), as I did send a message to your helpdesk, is the only messaging I could find on this domain thus far. It would seem wise to me however to allow the user base to upload a file large enough for a save game on the support forums since that is a very common request without use of some external service though. If I had made it this difficult to get required information to the support when I was managing my division in the 90's I would not be managing my division any longer I have to say (and yes, it was a customer support division for what it's worth). As I said above, I have no need, was just trying to help, but in this case the system in place seems to be blocking that option from me at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  4. Hummel-o-War

Please simply upload to a cloud service like dropbox or google drive and send me a download link via PM ;-)

5. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Multiplayer or Singleplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Global

Summary: Leftover bug!

Description: Looting a corpse, or drone after getting off a ship, you are thrown out of their inventory menu.

Steps to Reproduce: Get in a ship, HV, whatever. Shot down a drone, kill an animal, whatever. Get off the ship and open its inventory. You are immediately kicked out of the inventory and you have to re open it. If you try to click on the get all arrow in the upper right of the screen, you wind up shooting your gun.
    Sometimes if you double tap the open key (Mine is E) it works, but most of the time it will not.

This bug has been here since 5.x. Can you please take a look at it?

6. andargor

andargor Commander

Is there a reason that the save games are now much larger, since you copy all playfields in the save even if they have not yet been visited, and then create large-ish empty preview image files in each? Before playfields would only be copied to the save if they were visited, hence the save was much smaller.

7. Spanner0jjm

Spanner0jjm Ensign

Hi, not really sure where to post this as I have been looking everywhere for a solution and haven't found anything. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I am missing something.

Downloaded Empyrion during its very successful 6.0.1 launch, and have been playing online multiplayer with a friend. After completing some of the basics, we decided to try and set up a farm. According to an online wiki, the Inputs for a Growing Plot are 'Metal Plate (4), Fiber (2) and Nutrient Solution (1)' however it appears as though in-game the recipe is 'Plastic Raw Material (2), Plant Fibers (2) and Nutrient Solution (1)' (maybe this changed in the update?).

The problem is, to craft Plastic Raw Material, you need Corn, and to get Corn (as far as I can see) you need to grow it, I presume in a Growing Plot. Am I missing something, am I doing something wrong, or has this been an overlooked change to the recipe? Any help greatly appreciated!

8. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

The wiki is outdated. I'm not sure when that will be updated.

& yes the growing plots now require Plastic raw material. A easy way to find plastic is to loot civilian POI's & maybe find some in a container/cargo box or with the multitool disassemble some furniture.
    You may also find some growing plots at civ POI's which you can disassemble then use the resources get you get back to make another one & put it where you like.

9. Spanner0jjm

Spanner0jjm Ensign

Thanks for the fast reply, with the risk of sounding like a noob, what exactly is a civilian POI? As far as I know, I have discovered 2 POI's: a Com Center and a Fortress, both look pretty scary. Will I be likely to find something there or am I looking for something else?

10. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Civ POI's (Point of interest) are unarmed bases such as Logistics center, Large residential complex & Large Outpost.
    When you are approaching a structure & you are not sure if its civ or not Id recommend using a sniper rifle from distance to see if there are any turrets on the structure.

You will need to 1st remove the core when you find it then you can start disassembling what you like with the multitool.

Pic of the 'Large Outpost'
    20170613174550_1.jpg

The ComCenter & fortess will have some goodies inside but you will have to go in prepared with armor, some good weapons & lots of ammo for them, maybe some explosives & medical supplies to heal up.
    Deal with the turrets from distance if you can on these types of bases.

Also I would recommend for any gameplay questions you may have post them in the general section http://empyriononline.com/forums/general-discussion.8/ unless of course you find a bug that you experience.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  11. Spanner0jjm

Spanner0jjm Ensign

Great thanks a lot for the help! Yeah I realise now it's not a bug, but with this update being so new there's very little information about it. Thanks again and happy gaming :)

Pantera likes this.
  12. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

No problem & good luck :)

13. Ratan Kabidge

Ratan Kabidge Ensign

As I already said, I have no such service, nor do I intend to get one, sorry. It's email or nothing, and as I also said, I was unable to even figure out how to message you. I already did send a message to the only "send message" button I could find on this site, appeared to be a generic helpdesk type, thus far I have had no response either here or in my email. Somehow I am beginning to regret posting the three errors I did find. Apologies if I appear archaic to you, clearly you appear to believe everyone that plays has these things. They don't, simple as that. As I also said earlier, not being able to post the file on the very site it was requested on is quite disgraceful as far as support is concerned.... on the systems end, not the user. I think I made my stance on that quite clear last night.

I'm moving on. I'm past that point in game myself, so if receiving the file for your diagnostic team is not important enough to send me an email or message on how to contact you (I'm suspecting it will appear in the envelope icon up top, but there is no way to send there on my screen), I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure it out by myself either if you can't spend 30 seconds telling me how to contact you. My opinion of your support has just done a full 180.

14. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

To send a PM just click on his name then click on 'Start a conversation'.

15. Furious Hellfire

on a multiplayer server, travelling from 1 planet to another within the same system using a small SV with 2 cargo boxes.

was low on food closing in on target planet so quickly put stuff in storage box using cp, i then landed, ate, logged out, come back,, the stuff I stashed in the box has gone.
    weapons and ammo.
    Is this a known bug ?
    could this happen if i was storing stuff in the cargo box too close whilst on entry to atmosphere with cruise control on ? (reversing thrusters switched off)

the weapons tools and ammo have clearly been swallowed by the game.

I recall I lost connection a short while after landing.

16. Guru

Guru Commander

Mode: Survival

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Severity: Minor

Type: CV Thruster Sounds

Summary: The Sounds of your CV thrusters stops

Description: CV thruster sounds are not heard on a planet. Also, they work in space UNTIL you encounter another CV. As soon as you see the "flash" of another CV coming into view, thruster sounds again stop.

Steps to Reproduce: Spawn in CV, move from planet to orbit and hear the difference. While in space, approach another CV until it flashes in view and sounds again stop

17. Guru

Guru Commander

Severity: Major

Type: unlimited picking of some plants AND pentaxid on moons

Summary: Pickable items are sometimes unlimited

Description: Pickable items are sometimes unlimited. This is a huge exploit for leveling. Some players have gone from lvl 1 to lvl 25 in just 30 minutes with doing nothing else. Just as disturbing is that pentaxid crystals on the moon are doing this as well, giving players an unlimited amount of a resource that is suppose to be limited.

Steps to Reproduce: walk up to pickable planet and attempt to pick it more than once. If you can, you can continue forever. Same goes for pentaxid crystals on the moons

Repier likes this.
  18. Guru

Guru Commander

Reproducibility: Random
    Severity: Major

Type: vehicles glitching into their CV's

Summary: We have experienced multiple instances of players HV's and SV's becoming "fused" into their CV's

Description: When this happens and we go to investigate, their HV or SV is literally fused into their CV. You can see part of the vehicle sticking out above, but the rest is inside of the CV and stuck. Using godmode invisible you can get into the cockpit of the HV or SV, but as soon as you do it will violently shake, damaging the ships until you can teleport it away. One of these times, it actually fused ME into the SV I teleport. I had to teleport myself away and any time I came close to it I was thrust down into the ground or up into orbit. The ship had to be destroyed

Steps to Reproduce: this is random, but we have experienced it at least 5 times since 6.0 release

19. Korusho

Korusho Ensign

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, have added Regen options to all non-dug in POIs and Voxel Asteroids

Severity: Crash

Type: Server Failing to complete launching. Server application will open but locks up before it becomes accessible.

Summary: In an attempt to create more difficulty and viability in the base game world, I added regen lines to applicable POIs and voxel asteroids in every playfield in my dedicated.yaml.

Description: My dedicated.yaml has been modified to include a few changes to the spawning behaviors of alien characters. Drones, assassins, etc. The server has successfully launched with these settings. Now in an attempt to further make the game more viable to repeated engagements, I attempted to enable regen timers to all applicable POIs (only military POIs and Voxel Asteroids, not civilian or Admin buildings). When attempting to bring the server online, the with graphics server will bring it's window up, but fail to initialize. Nothing comes up. When launching with EmpAdminHelper, the no graphics server launches but the helper cannot connect to the server. The process exists, but the server fails to finish launching. When dedicated.yaml is restored to pre-regen changes the server launches just fine.

Examples of lines edited and copied with Notepad++. Periods are to maintain proper spacing.

......- GroupName: EpsilonTierI
    ........CountMinMax: [ 2, 3 ]
    ........DroneProb: 1.0
    ........DronesMinMax: [ 1, 2 ]
    ........ReserveCount: 3
    ........TroopTransport: True
    ........SpawnPOIAvoid: [TS_Akua, Wreckage]
    ........POIDistance: 1000
    ........Properties:
    .........-Key: RegenAfter
    ...........Value: 144

......- Type: AsteroidVoxel03
    ........Prefab: AsteroidVoxel03
    ........Name: Sathium Asteroid
    ........Pos: [ 1387, -271, -875 ]
    ........Rot: [ 0, 0, 0 ]
    ........Properties:
    ........-Key: RegenAfter
    .......... Value: 144

Steps to Reproduce: Restoring yaml to pre Regen lines, server launches fine with backup.

20. Tiv

Tiv Lieutenant

Creative SP

Placing Armored Windows 2x2 in mirror mode causing ghost blocks :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.