Bug Reports: Alpha 6.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you upload the playfield file which you are having this issue with ?

2. old_guy

old_guy Lieutenant

A couple of issues w 6.0
    Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 858030

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: ( Minor, annoying)

Type: (Global )

Summary: 1) HUD flags persisting, 2) block size irregularity

Description:

1) While looting Titan wreckage with a player core installed, I set "SHOW ON HUD" for some items such as RCS and thrusters. After disassembling the equipment the white HUD markers were still there. they went away when I exited and restarted the game.

2) The Titan wreck is a CV, with CV thrusters and RCS - when I disassemble the blocks, I get SV blocks and trusses. I foudn that surprising, I was hoping to use the locks to make my first CV. Guess I can deconstruct them instead.

Steps to Reproduce: take over a chuck of the Titan, set a device as SHOW ON HUD via the "P" menu, then dig it up and remove it with the multi tool.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: just loving this game!

3. Korusho

Korusho Ensign

I've modified all of them. The only playfield that SHOULD be loading is Ningues however.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9vqbyvljul9538/playfield.yaml?dl=0

This is the Ningues playfield, but I can also upload all the others if you would like. I tried very hard to make sure tabs were not present when I finished.

4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Has this happened again since you reported this ?
    I haven't had it happen to me & loading in your save game the deposits are fine.

5. NTT

NTT Ensign

All of the "Ramp Top Double" shapes for the various blocks that have it seem to have the incorrect number of hitpoints.

All blocks that only have a little bit shaven off have 100% of the full block hitpoints, whereas Ramp Top Double, which is just about the closest shape there is to being a full block, only has 50% hitpoints.

[​IMG]

Repier likes this.
  6. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Is this still happening for you ?
    I couldn't reproduce in a new save or from the save file. How did you die when this happened ?

7. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Hmmm I think where you have regen like this:
    -Key: RegenAfter
    Value: 144

You need a space between the '- key' so like this:

- Key: RegenAfter
    Value: 144

I changed these for you to test & see if that works now for this playfield. Maybe you should also go through the other playfield.yaml's & see if making that entry for regen like I have done fixes it.

Edit: just checked in SP & MP with the attached playfield.yaml in the snow folder for Ningues in new saves & it loaded fine.

Let us know if it works out for you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  8. Ambaire

Ambaire Commander

What do you have against dropbox/google drive? Either one takes just a couple minutes to sign up for and are entirely free. And they are superb ways to share files. Hummel-o-War was being quite reasonable when he asked that.

9. Korusho

Korusho Ensign

Seems to be functioning just fine now. Thank you so much for the help, you probably know how hard it can be to spot an error like that. Now to see if I can force the playfield POIs to reset with the new YAML settings. This admin tool is *really* handy.

Pantera likes this.
  10. kososaur

kososaur Ensign

Mode: Survival

Reproducibility: Always

Type: Tutorial problem

Summary - Message after completing Robinson protocol doesn't work

New player here. Using version 6.0.1 I've started the Akua initial mission twice. Both times, after I complete the Robinson protocol, I get an indication that there is an incoming message. I then am told a bug occurred, and I don't see a message, and there's no new mission on the first tab (not sure if there's supposed to be or not), so I'm not sure what my next steps are.

11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Not a bug. The chapter 2 is still "work in progress" :d Sry for the cliffhanger.

12. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

The "Crashed ships" are Bases currently - this is a workaround until we can have CVs (and other vessels) to be placed for real (Currently this would not work as the terrain-algo will repel them and respawn them "above ground")

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.