Bug Reports: Alpha 6.2.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramsius

Ramsius Ensign

thanks for your quick reply, thought i was the only one up this late.. lol

Just a further note on the yellow messages.. i understand what you are saying, and will ignore..just that they, particularly the last error about the camera position ..showed up only when this issue with the CV's began. kinda makes me think that somehow the program is not "anchoring" the CV's to the way i log out?

As for logging the server off, yes in the process of trying to solve or diagnose things, i did do a server restart.. then when that didnt work. i stopped the server. and did a restart. As well, the only other player that plays with me on the server came on a day later and diagnosed with me, as in told me what he saw on his console, and how my cvs looked to him, ie skewed from normal look.. I know he logged off when I did as i could watch from the Telnet window.
    Also i had a look 'only' in the logs of the game as well as some of the other files to see if anything to my limited knowledge 'popped' out at me as something awry, but nothing is easily visible to me.

Edit: Just thought i would add, this behaviour seems to Only affect the multiplayer game on my server, and not single player... of which i purposely tested..

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  2. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

Any word yet on either being unable to dock anything to large size class CV's without the entire game nearly locking up or plants dying upon playfield change on CV's?

(Bug posts above)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  3. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Please attach the save file where this happens for you.
    SP saves are found here:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Right click on the save file & create a zip of it then use a file hosting site like mediafire, dropbox or google drive then add a share link to it in the report.
    Thanks.

4. Stemm

Stemm Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: All generators, autominers, some constructors and food processors stopped working or has insane production times (see picture attached), plants don't grow (or grow extremely slow).

Description: This is our third server (host Nitrado). Previous ones has become unplayable, because of this problem (happened there almost daily). With version 6 we hoped this would be corrected. Seems not, because it happened now on out third server too.

It seems the countdown clocks are corrupted after server reset. See picture. "Next Product" is after 400 000+ seconds (a week maybe?). Fixing this bug would be very easy, just put some maximum value for the counters: if timerValue > 99 then timerValue = 99;

Steps to Reproduce: Run Nitrado dedicated server, it will happen something around two weeks of playing. After 8 weeks it will happen after each reset (daily).

Workaround:
    Remove entity and build it again. It works for all other than growing plots. For them you have to also change the location.

Attached Files:

• HG.jpg
      HG.jpg
      File size:
      147.3 KB
      Views:
  5. dogk

dogk Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: HWS EU PVP

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow
    Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Type: ?
    Summary: CV and SV smashing themselves to pieces - has previously happened to me and friends in space - now it happens on a restricted access PVE planet.

Description:

SV was fine parked on planet, one hour later logged back in - [see pics]
    Nothing in intruder log.

CV was similar.

PLEASE NOTE: there is NO WAY this was caused by another player. Our planet is faction restricted, and noone else from the faction was online at the time

Can I please have acknowledgement

Attached Files:

6. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

What is the name of the planet ?

7. Late2Gaming

Late2Gaming Lieutenant

Any word yet on either being unable to dock anything to large size class CV's without the entire game nearly locking up or plants dying upon playfield change on CV's?

What type of file am I looking for since the game does not crash or anything. With the docking of SV or HV to larger ships it merely bogs down the game to an unplayable level. With they dying of all crops upon a CV, again, nothing crashes, we all just have dead plants.

But I will be more then happy to attach any file you direct me to in the folder you list above.

8. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

To be clear are all of the issues you are reporting only happening in MP on your server ?

For MP save files maybe large but you can still upload them to help with reproduction.
    What scenario is the server using ?

MP saves will be here:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games

SP save games are here:
    SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Find the save file where you are experience the reported issues right click on it & create a zip folder then upload to a hosting site such as mediafire, dropbox or google drive & add a share link here please.

9. Furious Hellfire

Yeah exactly.
    But that is about as unlikely to happen as eleon aknowledging any bug report thats not a direct result of the latest patch work.

Welcome to the list of the lost...

10. Furious Hellfire

strange, it clearly looks like heavy combat damage.
    Could a hacker achieve this in gm iv ? without showing in intruder log.

I suppose it would be silly to ask if drones could have done it, I presume your weapons were powered.

Were the cores gone? or anything significant of targeted device damage ?

Were you in a battle before you landed and logged off ?

I know that during some battles, visual and statistic damage updates to your ship will cease, you will be invincible and all devices on ship will work regardless if they are destroyed or not, then when you relog, you get the damage update, you can see the effects and now the devices dont work that worked before.

Could that be at all possible in this case? It has happened to be at least 3 times in the last 2 months.

dogk likes this.
  11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Not yet, sry. We'll have this checked for the next bugfixing session.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.