Bug Reports: Alpha 7.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    PLEASE read the FAQs before reporting bugs that may just be gameplay changes.
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/feedback.25/

-----------------
    PLEASE REPORT crashes, CoQ, freezes over here:

- Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005) over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...start-menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/

PLEASE REPORT issues that do not relate to a GLOBAL gameplay mechanic, but are due to the setup of a scenario over here:
    -----------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

6. If you try to host a COOP SERVER and run into any issues like CoQ or Crashes, please ALSO send in not only the Client.log, but the most recent logfile of your COOP SERVER, starting with Client_AsPf_

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

COOP TROUBLESHOOTING

IF you do not see your friends coop server, please first check:

1. ARE you "friends" in Steam?
    2. IS your Steam status set to ONLINE/VISIBLE? (Otherwise you cannot see each other and the Server will not show up in the Friends tab in the game!)
    3. TRY "JOIN GAME" via the Steam overlay!

IF you have problems with setting up a COOP SERVER, you might also want to try this before reporting your issue:

Presets:
    - Make sure your Windows UAC control is always showing and not set to "Do not notify".
    - Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)
    - Make sure ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe is set to "run as admin" and NONE of the others is! Especially make sure the EmpyrionLauncher.exe is NOT run as admin! (Check > rmb > properties > compatibility > make sure "run as admin" is not checked
    - Make sure EAC is OFF. You need to go to options > MISC and deactivate EAC and THEN quit and restart the game for this setting to take effect!

Troubleshooting (Crash/Error when starting or connecting to Coop Server)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files:
    7.1 Visual Icons > ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!! 7.2 Technical > Check each .exe with RMB > properties > Compatibility to make sure, only the DedicatedLauncher.exe is run as admin and NONE of the others!
    8. If ANY of the three .exe files show the Admin-shield or are still set to Admin in the settings,
    8.1. open the files > RMB > properties > Compatibility > Remove check for "Run as admin"
    8.2 Now DELETE the file (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.3 Now verify game files via Steam (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.4. Repeat this until only the EmpyrionDedicated.exe shows "run as admin"

>> In 80% of all cases, the COOP issue relates to a Windows UAC + Steam verify issue and should be fixed this way.

---------------------------------------

BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your GAMEPLAY BUGS here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)
    SCENARIO: (SPdefault, MPdefault or add the "NameOfTheScenarioYouArePlaying" )

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary: (Add a short sentence / description of your issue)

Description: (Add full description)

Steps to Reproduce: (It is UTMOST IMPORTANT that you give an step-by-step description with as many infos as possible. Otherwise your issue might be not reproducible and possibly cannot be fixed)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

dichebach and SilvRav like this.
  2. Crasheros

Crasheros Ensign

Mode: Creative
    SCENARIO: SPdefault

SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Blueprints

Summary: CV blueprients can't spawn on base correctly.

Description: If you want to spawn Cv blueprint, there will be error 'there is another object at spawn area',however, there is nothing at the base,where i spawn cv!

Steps to Reproduce: 1)build the base, which will be match to your cv.
    2)try to spawn cv
    3)understand,that cv isn't spawned.

Also there is a way to spawn it by changing the view by clicking 'V' and after that sometimes the blueprint becomes green.

jmtc likes this.
  3. Crasheros

Crasheros Ensign

Mode: Creative

If applicable:

Type: Blueprints

Summary: Wrong cost of blueprints

Description: Blueprints demand less iron ingots to produce.

For example,before the update 7.0 my cv cost 145000+ iron ingots.After update 7.0 my cv cost 37000 iron ingots.To my mind, the problem is in combat steelb blocks.

4. Uncle Benny

Uncle Benny Commander

Mode: Survival
    SCENARIO: SP Default

SEED-ID:

Type: Global

Summary: Exception on new game start

Description: When starting a new SP default scenario with the above seed and custom difficulty settings, an exception occurs. "Continue" stops the loading of the map, so only option is to quit back to main menu, or do the quit-and-mail.

Steps to Reproduce: Start new game with following settings and the above seed:

Start Equipment: Easy
    Player Progression: Fast
    Degradation Speed: Slow
    Temperature / Radiation Impact: Normal
    Amount of ore per deposit: Rich
    Number of deposits: Plenty
    Overall Drone Presence: Normal
    Drone Base Attack: Hard
    Rate of NPC Spawn: Normal
    Enemy Difficulty: Easy
    Constructor Craft Speed: Fast
    Blueprint Production Speed: Fast
    Auto Miner Depletion: True

Crash log attached.

It seems to have something to do with the seed, because starting a game with a smaller seed value causes no issues.

Attached Files:

5. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Ok, it's minor bug - but it is in Public Alpha 7.0, so let's report this here also :)

I have RED 'change & rotate' sign from multi-tool menu in my lower right side of screen, just over my ammo info box!

It is happening in new game and in my exp.7 saved game. First pic. is from my older saved game from Experimental Alpha 7, second is from brand new start in Public Alpha 7.

exp.7.3.omicron_2017-10-19_13-09-51.jpg
    NewGame_2_2017-10-19_14-33-00.jpg

Supercrab likes this.
  6. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks this is being looked at.

Space Beagle likes this.
  7. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

i just cannot start a co-op server, in the new games area i made a co-op server and went out. the servers name Changed... also when i went and tried to get back in it asked for a password.... i typed it in but it did not work.... and i know it was the right password because i wrote it down.

8. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

I am having the same bug!

9. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Note the name of the save game & go into the save game folder:
    Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games

Once in the save folder for co-op there should be a dedicated.yaml which you can open in notepad or notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    Look for 'Srv_Password:' & double check if they match ?

Does it happen for any new game you try to start in co-op from the new game menu ?
    Does this save you mention start ok as just SP form the resume game list ?

10. Needleship

Needleship Master of Custom Terrain

Hi!

Severity:
    Major
    Type:
    Global

Summary: Memory leak

Had to close the game completely down, after everything froze up. :(

New game, Omicron start.
    Mem usage tripled during 1h play from about 1250 MB (main menu) and ca. 3000 MB (game session start) to 3800+ ... steadily adding MBs per second. (The 3000MB seem to be already a bit higher than the usual amount on my system.)

This memory isn't cleared when getting back to the menu.

Also, multiple fast reloading of a save yields additional 200MB on top of the last load.

11. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

well the password match.. i just deleted that save and made a new one, and found a another problem. the co-op save was named "survival with ant" but after going out of the server and searching for the save i made, the name was not "survival with ant" but just "co-op" i dont know a single thing about making co-op games! Help! is this a bug or is this suppose to be the way it is. i went to the files and there was 2 files, "co-op" and "survival with ant" the co-op file contained the play fields and "survival with ant" contained the yalm. thing

12. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you post the exact steps you are doing to make the co-op server pls ?
    On my end its working fine on 2 different machines only 1 save file is being made for me each time a co-op server is started.

13. Supercrab

Supercrab Commander

1 start game
    2 go to "new game"
    3 change difficulty to easy
    4 change name to "survival with ant"
    5 change seed
    6 click the arrow button next to start game and press co-op
    7 make server name "retard server"
    8 change player limit to 3
    9 change password to crab (dont try getting in my server!)
    10 press start
    11 wait
    12 when landed, go out of escape pod, in the admin blue box thingi tat shows up press save and excit
    13 when i go to "load save" there is no survival with ant but just a saved called co-op

14. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Commander

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A

SEED-ID: 998708

If applicable:

Severity: Trivial

Type: Global

Summary: HUD displays to objects are not removed when the object is disassembled/deconstructed

Description:
    As per the summary a device added to the HUD remains as part of the HUD even after disassembly. Exiting and entering the game fixes the issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Go to a base with devices.
    Use 'P' and select the Devices tab.
    Select a device and toggle 'Display in HUD'
    Note the object descriptor is now part of the HUD.
    Use multitool to disassemble the device.
    Note the object descriptor is still part of the HUD and there is no way to remove it.

15. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Ok I don't think the 2 folders appearing this way is intentional.
    Can you start a server leave the 'Game name' to its default of NewGame_ in the new game menu & only name your 'Server Name' in the co-op options menu ?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Supercrab likes this.
  16. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Known issue.
    What you can do for the time being is open the map & find the marker & right click on the marker which is left behind & remove it.

17. DarkeIndustry

DarkeIndustry Lieutenant

So issue on my multiplayer server, the shoulder light is way dimmer than it ever was, I can hardly see getting out of the tunnels at night. It's not the greatest pic but that pic is me trying to find the way out the tunnel I dug

Attached Files:

18. Pedrinho

Pedrinho Ensign

Mode: Survival (Tutorial)
    SCENARIO: Tutorial

SEED-ID: Playfield Akua with seed 222
    (Coordinates -145 X, 112 Y, -149 Z heading southwest)

Reproducibility: Unable
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Mining

Summary: When digging with the drone from beneath the terrain the game would glitch the surface into a visual and physical barrier whilst still acknowledging there was a hole underneath.

Description: I was digging into an ore deposit (Silicon) and found myself too deep into the hole. I then had to dig my way up in a diagonal direction. For the sake of practicity, I reminded of the drone. It works with the Drill (T1), so I dug my way out of the hole, headed to the surface. When I crossed that line between underground and above ground, there was still grass texture over the area I just dug through. Apparently, it glitched a chunk of the planet (that's just assumption) - I could still mine on other places and even make my way underground towards said glitched area, as long as I didn't try digging that area surface.

PS: I could cross the surface from beneath but not from above.

Steps to Reproduce: Spawn your drone from underground (after already digging a hole with the Drill) and dig upwards. PS: glitch doesn't seem to trigger when digging within the area that you drilled in the first place.

19. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Im not really able to tell anything form that pic.
    You can take screenshots in game with F7 which can be found here:
    Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Screenshots

or with steam F12 which can be found in steams screenshot folder.

& afaik no changes have been done to the light.

20. DarkeIndustry

DarkeIndustry Lieutenant

Ok give me a moment to get a better shot. I'm not new but I hardly ever take screenshots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.