Bug Reports: Alpha 7.1

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    PLEASE read the FAQs before reporting bugs that may just be gameplay changes.
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/feedback.25/

-----------------
    PLEASE REPORT crashes, CoQ, freezes over here:

- Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005) over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...start-menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/

PLEASE REPORT issues that do not relate to a GLOBAL gameplay mechanic, but are due to the setup of a scenario over here:
    -----------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

6. If you try to host a COOP SERVER and run into any issues like CoQ or Crashes, please ALSO send in not only the Client.log, but the most recent logfile of your COOP SERVER, starting with Client_AsPf_

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

COOP TROUBLESHOOTING

IF you do not see your friends coop server, please first check:

1. ARE you "friends" in Steam?
    2. IS your Steam status set to ONLINE/VISIBLE? (Otherwise you cannot see each other and the Server will not show up in the Friends tab in the game!)
    3. TRY "JOIN GAME" via the Steam overlay!

IF you have problems with setting up a COOP SERVER, you might also want to try this before reporting your issue:

Presets:
    - Make sure your Windows UAC control is always showing and not set to "Do not notify".
    - Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)
    - Make sure ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe is set to "run as admin" and NONE of the others is! Especially make sure the EmpyrionLauncher.exe is NOT run as admin! (Check > rmb > properties > compatibility > make sure "run as admin" is not checked
    - Make sure EAC is OFF. You need to go to options > MISC and deactivate EAC and THEN quit and restart the game for this setting to take effect!

Troubleshooting (Crash/Error when starting or connecting to Coop Server)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files:
    7.1 Visual Icons > ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!! 7.2 Technical > Check each .exe with RMB > properties > Compatibility to make sure, only the DedicatedLauncher.exe is run as admin and NONE of the others!
    8. If ANY of the three .exe files show the Admin-shield or are still set to Admin in the settings,
    8.1. open the files > RMB > properties > Compatibility > Remove check for "Run as admin"
    8.2 Now DELETE the file (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.3 Now verify game files via Steam (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.4. Repeat this until only the EmpyrionDedicated.exe shows "run as admin"

>> In 80% of all cases, the COOP issue relates to a Windows UAC + Steam verify issue and should be fixed this way.

---------------------------------------

BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your GAMEPLAY BUGS here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)
    SCENARIO: (SPdefault, MPdefault or add the "NameOfTheScenarioYouArePlaying" )

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary: (Add a short sentence / description of your issue)

Description: (Add full description)

Steps to Reproduce: (It is UTMOST IMPORTANT that you give an step-by-step description with as many infos as possible. Otherwise your issue might be not reproducible and possibly cannot be fixed)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Guru

Guru Commander

Okay, not a bug but something I'm going to post to possibly prevent others from posting it as a bug. We had a couple of players log in and they were seeing giant dirt walls and broken land all over. If you get this, you just need to delete your cache directory and reload.
    The default game directory is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache

3. joergselters

joergselters Ensign

Mode: ( Survival)
    SCENARIO: ( MPdefault )

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: 227599

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: ( Minor)

Type: (Global)

Summary: (Another Player can´t see, when i Replace textures with Texture Tool ), and the Checkbox disappeard when i reopen then the Texture Tool with right Mouse Button.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  4. remeey

remeey Ensign

Mode: (Survival)
    SCENARIO: (MPdefault )

SERVER NAME: (CrowFoot Universe)
    SEED-ID: (2309116)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: (Yes)

Reproducibility:(Unable)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Global / Gamestart )

Summary: (Trouble after Update)

Updated to 7.1 now I have floating meteors and holes in the ground on my planets I don't know what to do other than to do a full wipe on the server I really need some help I don't want all my players to have to restart all over
    DropBox Link (https://db.tt/cfLVu3OJ9J)
    upload_2017-10-31_10-50-19.png
    upload_2017-10-31_10-52-21.png

5. Alterus

Alterus Ensign

SCENARIO: ( MPdefault )

SERVER NAME: Blue Falcon
    Version Alpha 7.1.0 Build 1319
    SEED-ID:2130525
    Save game Version Alpha 7.0.2 Build 1303

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always,
    Severity: Major

Type: Building

Summary: When I try to build onto my Base or change a block it gives message "Can not build or Drill near enemy base"

Description:
    I am unable to modify my base, or any vehicles near my base as the game returns the "Can not build or Drill near enemy base" message.

Here is return from gents BLU (BLU is the faction I am in)
    upload_2017-10-31_11-0-22.png

This shows my base 'Paul Base' and my vehicles ( all start PWx) as being in my Faction. However, when I go to the Control Panel for each entity I am unable to change the Faction in the drop down box. The only option it presents is BLU.

I have tried to change the faction of my base to Ply using 'faction entity Ply 2227' and then back to BLU but the problem persists. I have also restarted the server.

6. Furious Hellfire

I also have floating meteors on Akua and omicron since the update, but i think this is because they changed the depth of deposits.

I am going to attempt to fix this shortly doing the following and not until I get confirmation from devs that it is mandatory, and please be sure to backup everything before you try doing the following assuming you try it...

For the default and starter planets at least, in the template folder in your savegame is a copy of each playfield yaml being used currently by your server, this is what is holding the old playfield ore settings. if you delete say the desert template the server will then pull the fresh updated version you received today in 7.1 of that playfield yaml from the content/playfields folder. which in this case would be omicron.
    And assuming its still the same seed or terrain map, it should update that playfield to the new deposit height settings, without interrupting any of the existing builds and stuff on the playfield..
    Everything that is saved on your playfields is in the savegame playfield folder, DO NOT TOUCH!

I would not even try any of this until there is confirmation that it is mandatory so dont jump the gun, lets see what the devs have to say first.

I have updated playfields this way before but if it cures the floating meteors or not I dont know.
    also you may want to read up top this thread at what Guru said and perhaps get all your users to clear cache first before trying anything, just in case.

EDIT: For now i just destroy id on the floating meteors and luckily for me I dont seem to have much in the way of ground damage.

remeey likes this.
  7. Furious Hellfire

If you have just set the faction on that base and are trying to modify it and it says enemy base.
    I had this issue repeatedly in previous version, I solved this by simply relogging, as when you are logged in and set a work in progress base to faction, the server won't fully process that request until you relog.

I had this repeatedly with clans in the latter days of 6.7

If you have relogged and the issue persists, then you have something else of a new bug.

8. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Lieutenant

[​IMG]

Les FPS en chute libre encore une fois (15-40) pas comme les météorites !?

9. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Ensign

SCENARIO:

SERVER NAME: Inflicted.org | Custom Gigantic Univese | Starter Packs | EAH
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: (Yes)

Reproducibility:(Unable)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (Global / Gamestart )

Summary: (Trouble after Update)

Updated to 7.1 now I have floating meteors.

Attached Files:

10. Alterus

Alterus Ensign

Thanks for your reply. However, this is a new problem... I have relogged and restarted the server but the problem persists.

11. Furious Hellfire

Hey also games dedicated yaml was refreshed on everyone, make sure your anti grief settings are back to what they were previously !

Perhaps there is something nearby that your previous anti grief configuration ignored.

12. The Dirt Wizard

The Dirt Wizard Commander

In the Tutorial, I am having trouble getting the mission "Leave TechCorner" to check off.

I have re entered and left every room on the station. There is a sign that shows the different levels and area, but "TechCorner" is not on there.

Might be helpful to have more prominent labels on the rooms in case we have to backtrack.

Also, a yellow marker / HUD Tag showing the way back to the room that requires the action.

edit- Found TechCorner again. re-entered the room through the hole in the ceiling. exited through the hole in the floor. Box is still not checking off.

Cannot remember the code for the door, if that is the only way to complete that item

13. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    There is a hotfix on the way shortly for the floating metoers thanks for reporting.

14. Alexandra

Alexandra Ensign

The turrets are still firing from under the ground level!
    Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 20.09.02.56.png Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 20.08.56.10.png Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 20.08.52.70.png Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 20.20.09.87.png Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 20.09.02.56.png Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 20.08.56.10.png Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 20.08.52.70.png Desktop Screenshot 2017.10.31 - 20.20.09.87.png

15. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
  16. Alexandra

Alexandra Ensign

Wow! Thanks! But, default setting will be "TurretUndergroundCheck: True"

17. Alterus

Alterus Ensign

Thanks again... I checked the anti grief distances and they are still fine.

18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Furious Hellfire likes this.
  19. Sytanis

Sytanis Ensign

Mode: Survival (possibly both)
    SCENARIO: MPdefault

SERVER NAME: Orion's Star
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major (cannot terraform effectively)

Type: Base/Weapons/Turrain

Summary: Cannot clear terrain to allow for weapons to "be above ground"

Description: I cut into the side of a mountain and built a base in it, after placing turrets on top, some are showing as still below ground. This is definitely not the case. What is true is that there used to be ground above them, so I think that it is still treating the empty space (that I cleared) as terrain. I cleared a very wide perimeter around the turret and also completely cleared a path to the sky. No matter how much terrain I clear, the weapon is still inoperable and states that it is still below ground.

Steps to Reproduce: Do what I did in the description, clear the side of a mountain or dig a hole, put a base in where you cleared, mount turrets on top. Also, you could place the base and then clear the top of the base off and place weapons, either way.

20. Alterus

Alterus Ensign

Fixed with 7.1 Update

Furious Hellfire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.