Bug Reports: Alpha 7.2.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    PLEASE read the FAQs before reporting bugs that may just be gameplay changes.
    https://empyriononline.com/forums/feedback.25/

-----------------
    PLEASE REPORT crashes, CoQ, freezes over here:

- Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005) over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...start-menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/

PLEASE REPORT issues that do not relate to a GLOBAL gameplay mechanic, but are due to the setup of a scenario over here:
    -----------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

6. If you try to host a COOP SERVER and run into any issues like CoQ or Crashes, please ALSO send in not only the Client.log, but the most recent logfile of your COOP SERVER, starting with Client_AsPf_

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

COOP TROUBLESHOOTING

IF you do not see your friends coop server, please first check:

1. ARE you "friends" in Steam?
    2. IS your Steam status set to ONLINE/VISIBLE? (Otherwise you cannot see each other and the Server will not show up in the Friends tab in the game!)
    3. TRY "JOIN GAME" via the Steam overlay!

IF you have problems with setting up a COOP SERVER, you might also want to try this before reporting your issue:

Presets:
    - Make sure your Windows UAC control is always showing and not set to "Do not notify".
    - Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)
    - Make sure ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe is set to "run as admin" and NONE of the others is! Especially make sure the EmpyrionLauncher.exe is NOT run as admin! (Check > rmb > properties > compatibility > make sure "run as admin" is not checked
    - Make sure EAC is OFF. You need to go to options > MISC and deactivate EAC and THEN quit and restart the game for this setting to take effect!

Troubleshooting (Crash/Error when starting or connecting to Coop Server)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files:
    7.1 Visual Icons > ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!! 7.2 Technical > Check each .exe with RMB > properties > Compatibility to make sure, only the DedicatedLauncher.exe is run as admin and NONE of the others!
    8. If ANY of the three .exe files show the Admin-shield or are still set to Admin in the settings,
    8.1. open the files > RMB > properties > Compatibility > Remove check for "Run as admin"
    8.2 Now DELETE the file (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.3 Now verify game files via Steam (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.4. Repeat this until only the EmpyrionDedicated.exe shows "run as admin"

>> In 80% of all cases, the COOP issue relates to a Windows UAC + Steam verify issue and should be fixed this way.

---------------------------------------

BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your GAMEPLAY BUGS here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)
    SCENARIO: (SPdefault, MPdefault or add the "NameOfTheScenarioYouArePlaying" )

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary: (Add a short sentence / description of your issue)

Description: (Add full description)

Steps to Reproduce: (It is UTMOST IMPORTANT that you give an step-by-step description with as many infos as possible. Otherwise your issue might be not reproducible and possibly cannot be fixed)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. cmwhee

cmwhee Commander

Mortlath likes this.
  3. blkdeath75

blkdeath75 Ensign

Mode: Tutorial
    SCENARIO: Tutorial

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: n/a
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: n/a

Reproducibility: same issue on 2 runthroughs
    Severity: major(breaks tutorial)

Type: Teleport/Portal

Summary: Teleport broken(inactive)

Description: After playing through the tutorial, I get to the teleport to the mining colony and it is inactive. I have run it twice from the start and same thing. The mission says "Use teleport" but it don't work.

Steps to Reproduce: Happened both times on playthrough.

Skavn likes this.
  4. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did you activate godmode in this savegame or in a different savegame in the same session? (Not restarted Empyrion in between)

5. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Lieutenant

Server lost: Verified Status with this update and im not sure why, anyone else having the same issue?

6. Sturm Panzer

Sturm Panzer Lieutenant

Mode: Survival
    SCENARIO: MPdefault

SERVER NAME: Private
    SEED-ID: 2308981

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:No
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Drills

Summary: HV Drill Turret does not harvest ore nodes

Description: HV Drill Turret only picks up the crushed stone while the ore itself just gets destroyed but not loaded into Harvest Box.

Steps to Reproduce: Place a Drill Turret on a HV (!). Point and click.

7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Captain

Mode: Survival and Creative
    SCENARIO: Zirax Invasion and SPDefault

SEED-ID: Does not matter

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:Yes/Does not matter
    Reproducibility: Always

Type: Thrusters

Summary: Three directional flight decrease power consumption on planets.

Description: If the player is flying, either a CV or SV towards the
    resultant of 3 directions, i.e. forward, left and down wards by pressing W A and C, the total thruster power consumption is decreased, compared to either flying towards two directions forward or backward and left by pressing W and A, or S and A.

Steps to Reproduce:

A) On planet

Flying either CV or SV press at the same time either W or S and A or D. Mark the power consumption let's say PC1. Now press at the same time the above combination plus C to descent as you fly forward or backwards and sideways. Mark the power consumption let's say PC2. Always is PC1 > PC2, but should be PC1 < PC2 since more thrusters are being used while descending those that help the ship descent.

In the case the 3d direction is upwards the total power consumption remains the same between for example forward and left and forward, left and ascending at the same time.

B) In space

If 3rd direction is either descending or ascending then it is PC1 < PC2 as expected.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  8. Guru

Guru Commander

We're still showing as verified for our servers

9. Malekh

Malekh Captain

I just tested the tutorial and got the same thing. After first opening the game, i created a new creative game and had a look around but didn't do anything. Then i exited to menu and used the start tutorial button. Followed the tutorial exactly until the teleporter section where the teleporter didn't work.

Exited the game, reopened the game and reloaded the save and the teleporter worked.

10. xXDeathXx

xXDeathXx Lieutenant

its weird like it will flicker blue and then go back off lol

11. SAP

SAP Ensign

Oficial EU Server
    Pandora moon

1> turrets hidden in the water and still shooting
    2> turrets shooting thrue the terain
    3> Offline Protection was on in there base we culd not atack it but it culd atack us

20171108203827_1.jpg 20171108203829_1.jpg

12. Kurgis

Kurgis Lieutenant

Mode: Survial

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 123456

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: N/a

Type: POI

Summary: 2 Drone bases spawned on top of each other on Atis.

Description: First drone base spawned at correct height (i.e. was buried), second has spawned exactly on top and the two merged. This halted troop transports from attacking and drones from spawning to replace drones.

Additional note - the drone base location is in a lava field/pool type terrain and the temp was 180 deg+ so it would be un assaultable by the player no matter what armour mods used (as far as I could work out)

Steps to Reproduce: Go to Atis - drone base loc is south of the patrol base hq at map edge.

Additional bug(?): Both Abandoned Mine & Factory are having creatures spawn out of the surface on approach out of thin air - no idea if this is due to recent changes but it means an almost endless wave at times as you're trying to land - with no way of even seeing the spawner let alone stopping it.

Magicslayer likes this.
  13. sleep147h

sleep147h Ensign

Hello. I will report a bug. I am drilling holes with HV. After a while, the RCS will not function.
    This problem is improved by returning to the menu screen.

14. Malekh

Malekh Captain

I was playing a survival game and had 3 antidote pills on my hotbar. I opened my inventory and shift-right clicked the antidote pills from my hotbar and it worked, but the remaining 2 pills disappeared completely from my hotbar.

15. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Ensign

Mode: Survial/Creative

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:
    any

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: ues

Type: settings / build tools

Ever since this update my resolution auto resets to native. I normaly play at lower resolution in creative and now when I switch resolution it looks pixelated and if i tab down or start a new game it has been reset back to native res.

Hittng the n button and then making a selection or clicking to use symetry plane and nothing happens. No matter where i click there is no selected block or symetry plane.

*edit* ok the very first game I load will let me use the tools and symetry. But if i leave the game and load another then they dont work. I have to exit the game completely and restart just to load another save or even join multiplayer for the symetry to work.

16. ZzzSmileYzzZ

ZzzSmileYzzZ Ensign

It is not only on Atis, all playfield I test so far spawn drone base on top of each other. Image below to confirm, it's from my scenario, also tested Default Multiplayer and 2 other playfield on 2 other scenario still the same.

Cheers,

https://imgur.com/a/5GWVF

17. vinurd

vinurd Commander

the game ceased to run, there is an endless screen saver. With the second run came music, and also all hangs.

18. vinurd

vinurd Commander

AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900
    Windows 10

19. vinurd

vinurd Commander

to start.Have to wait long

20. lek56

lek56 Ensign

Strange, minor bug that's so minor I was considering not reporting. But who knows, it might be something important.
    This is reproducible more than 50% of the time starting with V 7.0.
    put 24 each of pumpkin, tomato, and durian in the processor, click the can of veg 7 times, before the first one completes exit by hitting the esc key. Don't access until you think they are done. Viola, 7 cans where it should be 6.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.