Bug Reports: Alpha 7.3

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

6. If you try to host a COOP SERVER and run into any issues like CoQ or Crashes, please ALSO send in not only the Client.log, but the most recent logfile of your COOP SERVER, starting with Client_AsPf_

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

COOP TROUBLESHOOTING

IF you do not see your friends coop server, please first check:

1. ARE you "friends" in Steam?
    2. IS your Steam status set to ONLINE/VISIBLE? (Otherwise you cannot see each other and the Server will not show up in the Friends tab in the game!)
    3. TRY "JOIN GAME" via the Steam overlay!

IF you have problems with setting up a COOP SERVER, you might also want to try this before reporting your issue:

Presets:
    - Make sure your Windows UAC control is always showing and not set to "Do not notify".
    - Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)
    - Make sure ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe is set to "run as admin" and NONE of the others is! Especially make sure the EmpyrionLauncher.exe is NOT run as admin! (Check > rmb > properties > compatibility > make sure "run as admin" is not checked
    - Make sure EAC is OFF. You need to go to options > MISC and deactivate EAC and THEN quit and restart the game for this setting to take effect!

Troubleshooting (Crash/Error when starting or connecting to Coop Server)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files:
    7.1 Visual Icons > ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!! 7.2 Technical > Check each .exe with RMB > properties > Compatibility to make sure, only the DedicatedLauncher.exe is run as admin and NONE of the others!
    8. If ANY of the three .exe files show the Admin-shield or are still set to Admin in the settings,
    8.1. open the files > RMB > properties > Compatibility > Remove check for "Run as admin"
    8.2 Now DELETE the file (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.3 Now verify game files via Steam (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.4. Repeat this until only the EmpyrionDedicated.exe shows "run as admin"

>> In 80% of all cases, the COOP issue relates to a Windows UAC + Steam verify issue and should be fixed this way.

---------------------------------------

BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Post your GAMEPLAY BUGS here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)
    SCENARIO: (SPdefault, MPdefault or add the "NameOfTheScenarioYouArePlaying" )

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary: (Add a short sentence / description of your issue)

Description: (Add full description)

Steps to Reproduce: (It is UTMOST IMPORTANT that you give an step-by-step description with as many infos as possible. Otherwise your issue might be not reproducible and possibly cannot be fixed)

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

Mode: Survival
    SCENARIO: MPdefault
    SEED-ID: 2309115
    Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor
    Type: Enemies

Summary:
    Zirax inside POI walls.

Description: Was raiding Spaceport when something started shooting at me and i couldn't see it. Could be some spawner malfunction or hidden door flipping the mob inside, as it does to player sometimes. I mean when you walk near the flapping doors, sometimes the player can walk through walls too. Or maybe one was standing on a trapdoor and when i went near motion sensor, instead of dropping down on me it was sent inside like catapulted.

Happened today on Alpha 7.2.2 at Akua's Spaceport POI. The whole planet was generated today also, so it has the newest scenario data unless 7.3 changed it. I didn't see that it did at least in changelog. Disassembled the POI so to test again one needs to start a new game.

Steps to Reproduce: Go to Spaceport, blast outside doors with SV and raid insides with rifle and explosives. Dropped down from elevator where there was a hidden path under floor. Then walking a little in the hidden room, something started firing me from inside walls.

Video:
    (I went into godmode after i was already being shot at, even though video starts in that mode)

3. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Paragon Expanse

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Unable
    Severity: Somewhere between Minor and Major

Type: Global

Summary: Passenger teleported 1km+ away after exiting CV passenger seat

Description: This actually happened last night in 7.2, but I don't see any 7.3 fixes that seem likely to be related. I flew my CV into the atmosphere of a planet and brought it to a stop (at high altitude). My passenger exited his passenger seat and immediately found himself falling to the ground with the CV not nearby. I eventually located him some distance (well over 1km) away.

I will also mention that the map still has severe desync problems (which I reported and provided video of long ago). In particular, a faction member in an SV flying around appears somewhere other than his SV, or blinks between multiple locations. This happens extremely frequently and requires no special steps to reproduce. I mention this again because it seems that perhaps both problems could be related to a location desync of some sort.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown. Falling from a CV is something that we have experienced many times, but this is the first time a teleport was involved.

nowakowsky likes this.
  4. Needleship

Needleship Master of Custom Terrain

SEED-ID: any
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes :) xml terrain
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial / Minor

Type: Deco grass placement

Summary: Deco grass on XML terrain is buried 10 meters underground

>All planets look 'naked'.
    _PlanetaryBuilding_a7_2017-11-15_01-19-54.jpg

(Since coding stuff double is always a strain... - Could there be a way to convert an .xml terrain into an .dll ? This would help against the missing xml playfield seed randomization, too... - - Silently chanting: 'different terrains keep the players exploring...' ;) )

5. [RhZ]ultraschlachtschiff

in MP and SP
    all Playfields
    all Servers

I have a spaceship designed which looks like a ball. The cocpit is located in the middle of the ship. in the outside view "v" I can only see the upper half of the ball. I have the core and the cocpit mounted in different positions, but I always see only the top half. That makes landing a bit difficult. I attached the blueprint, I hope that anybody can fix it :)

Attached Files:

6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Can you please attach the server logs (complete folder) and given us a time and date as a reference when this happened? Thx!

7. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Use page up and down to adjust camera height. Use mouswheel to change the distance.

( PR Fan? ;-)

8. InvertedCow

InvertedCow Ensign

Ever since the latest update this morning I am getting the error popup whenever I remove a block and something 'pops' off, (attached plate spawner, light ect) Reset the game, and reset the computer to no avail,

Game is single player default,
    Planet Omicron
    Setting Normal

this forum seems to not allow your auto-generated log reports. I will see if I can find another way to report bugs that works, unlike your game.

You guys are partnering with keen software house or something now?

9. [RhZ]ultraschlachtschiff

Thank you Hummel-o-War , that works

And of course I am a PR-fan :)

10. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Please try right clicking on the client log & create a zip file of it then attach it here.

11. Sparrowhawk65

Sparrowhawk65 Ensign

Able to place HumanNPCBlocks where they probably shouldn't.

Creative. Probably the same in standard games.

1. Placed Engineer Main Section

2. Placed other NPC in the space next to the seated NPC.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  12. nowakowsky

nowakowsky Lieutenant

Mode: survival
    SCENARIO: unkown

SERVER NAME: Omicron Darkness
    SEED-ID: (Unknown

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: - Yes

Reproducibility: happened 3 times in a row
    Severity: crash to reboot

Type: passenger in an SV

Summary: Computer reboot when passenger in an SV and using V.

Description: was a passenger in an SV and pressed V for an external view. A minute or so later my computer reboots. I looked for crash logs but there was nothing.

Steps to Reproduce: I got into an SV on a passenger seat. Pressed V to get an outside view. minute or so later my computer rebooted. I had this happen 3 times within a 10-15 min period. We were running 7.2.2. I am going to try replicate this tomorrow.

Computer specs:
    i5-6600K CPU
    16GB memory
    AMD R390 running 7.10.1 (there is a 7.11.2 that I will upgrade to to see if it helps.)

No crash logs were created. I checked the log folder.

13. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Do you have any crash log? The affected player might need to send/add his client.log to this report.
    SERVER logs also would be suitable as well :) THX!

14. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Lieutenant

Encore des problèmes avec l’oxygène!?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

Debug airtight blocks too? It looks like you have thin walls blocking the air. The last pic clearly shows doors being inwards, to show the walls.

16. nowakowsky

nowakowsky Lieutenant

I will ask around about the server logs. It happened very consistently so I thought it would be good for Eleon to be aware of. Because it was a crash to reboot there is a chance it is my system. With no log or data info it will be near impossible to track it down. I will work to try replicate it and provide more info as I get it.

PS - Love this game.

17. ULiX

ULiX Ensign

My post about exploit with blueprint has been deleted. This is a normal practice, allowing you to hide exploits from wide publicity. How posible send to you hidden report about exploit? I can also delete my video, saved for report, if it helps to delay the dissemination of information.

18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    For such things in the future click on the name of the profile of myself or @Hummel-o-War & click on the 'Start a conversation' option to start a PM.

19. Guru

Guru Commander

Not sure how I feel about this "hiding" of an issue. On one hand I understand not wanting players to see it, but on the other hand I think that the server owners/admins REALLY NEED to see things like this so that we can keep an eye out for them on our servers.
    Maybe we need a section of the forum that only verified server owners and their admin teams can view for this type of thing? I really do believe they shouldn't be completely hidden because it is still important info for us.

20. nowakowsky

nowakowsky Lieutenant

Mode: (Survival)
    SCENARIO: (NA)

SERVER NAME: (PVE Casual)
    SEED-ID: (NA)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: ( Minor)

Type: (Akua spiders)

Summary: When a spider starts tracking me if I jump into a lake and go the the bottom it will continue following and walk on the water. It will never give up.

Description: Relentless water walking spiders

Steps to Reproduce: Start a new game on Akua near a lake. Get a spider to start attacking you and then run away and jump into the lake. It will still follow you on the surface of the water. It will never give up until you die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.