Bug Reports: Alpha 7.6

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    IMPORTANT:

If you use MODFIED configs (trader, weapons etc) or NON-default scenarios (selfmade scenarios or modified default scenarios) you NEED to add the files/scenario package to your bug report, so we have a reference for the bug tracking!

Thanks a lot!

------------------------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Wheelllug likes this.
  2. Black Widow

Black Widow Ensign

Hello

Why the alien lasers can make corners homming the player?
    never saw light making corners
    anyway i just hope this is a bug or something that went worong on this vertion. other wise this game is dead.

The server was FARMLAND with Voodo 3 map and was a space station fired those red alien lasers that homed my ship , so no dodge was possible since the beams folow.

Homming missiles i can acept but homming lasers????

Cheers
    BW

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Runeshadow likes this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Captain

Mode: Survival

SEED-ID: It does not matter

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes but It does not matter
    Reproducibility: Always

Severity: Major

Type: Turrets

Summary: Turrets range and proximity detection range do not match. Tested with CV & HV projectile turrets and HV homing launchers.

Description: As stated in "summary". The problem here is that since the proximity detection range is bigger than the fire range the turrets end up firing before the enemy gets inside their range resulting in waste of ammunition.

Steps to Reproduce: For the type of turrets described in "summary" set them to autofire mode and approach drones POIs or PVs.

Download links: Not sure if it is relevant but here is the CV I tested. Also this is the custom scenario. Finally the two HVs one with projectile turrets and the other with homing launchers.

4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Not a bug. The green Ion Turrets are "homing" at the moment. Up to feedback.

5. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Are you running a custom config.ecf? If so, please delete it and start a completely new savegame if possible.

Myrmidon likes this.
  6. Black Widow

Black Widow Ensign

Well you got my feed back then :)

7. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Commander

Symmetry is still having problems. Tested with new savegame in 1460 build.

Reproduce in creative mode. Set symmetry plane, then turn it off. move player position, and turn same symmetry plane back on. Blocks and paint/texture are placed 1 block off, as before.

In the screenshot, the white blocks at the back of the ship were painted with the first setting of the symmetry plane. The white blocks and spotlight block in front were placed incorrectly after turning symmetry off, moving to the other side and turning symmetry back on.

This was all using the Green, or "YZ" plane. Have not tested the blue and red yet.

I also noticed checking the box for symmetry seems to have no effect at all. Only the little circle checks for the actual XY, XZ, and YZ planes have any effect in turning symmetry on and off.

20180130121422_1.jpg

EDIT- the main Symmetry box is working. Symmetry plane cannot be moved when the main box is unchecked.

Tested with blue/XY plane is also not working right. blocks placed 6 blocks off. seems to be placing the blocks an odd number off when the splitting the block with the plane. Off by an even number when edging the block.

When the blocks are being placed wrong, you can open the build tools window, and click on the block with the symmetry plane. The plane will seem to shift a little, then it works correctly.

rainyday likes this.
  8. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Captain

I do, but the only things I changed was the stacks. Will test and reply with my findings.

I did delete the custom config.ecf started a new game spawned the same CV did the test again. Ranges seem to be ok now.

I can edit the new Config_Example with my prefered stacks and save it as Config.ecf, i guess.

9. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Commander

I'm not in favor of homing weapons at all. Just my 2 durians, but another buff-up for the Alien's weaponry brings back an old topic.

SV and HV power-to-weight ratio is severely behind the specs for CV. It is possible to build a large or small, or a GIGANTIC CV with predictable results. With HV and SV thruster weights and power, the diminishing return comes much sooner as mass increases.

A heavy, enclosed mining-type HV for operating on a high gravity, high radiation, or hostile planet is very, very difficult to achieve.

With only 200 HP for SV hardened Steel, I think the Alien weapons are OP right now.

10. Brimstone

Brimstone Captain

Agreed. Granted that for now, this is a much easier way to test the concept rather than creating a new alien turret model and all that entails... but if the decision is made to keep alien homing projectiles- which makes sense to me- I'd want an actual alien rocket turret instead.

OTOH, perhaps now there's no longer a balance reason to block player CV weaponry in atmo?

Sephrajin and Runeshadow like this.
  11. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Commander

well said. Homing rockets do make sense. Rockets are slower, and give a realistic expectation that the calculations are being made for the homing behavior. The rocket has a physical space for tracking equipment. If the tracking is done from a "radar" like device, I should be able to destroy it, and the homing behavior stops.

IMO, the "hitscan" or nearly instantaneous hit of a laser weapon does not jive with homing behavior.

I also agree on the CV weaponry in atmosphere point. Maybe not a full release of CV weapons on planets, but something.

The Aliens now have a Patrol Vessel with heavy weapons. CVs are very weak on planets with only 30 mm and 15 mm guns. To gather resources alone on a hostile , difficult planet, "turret bases" are needed. Or, i can pop out with a small, cheap SV and easily destroy the PV. Something is missing here.....

monktk likes this.
  12. Jimmi

Jimmi Ensign

SERVER NAME: [GER]Der Rentner Treff Empyrion PVE
    SEED-ID: 2309115

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, but it doesn't matter

Severity: Major

Type: Global

Hi.

If you dismantle a block on one of your grids, you will not get the block back, you will get the ingredients back.

Example: You break up a block of steel, then you get back steel girders.

It seems, that disassemble and dismantle have the same function now!

13. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Severity: Minor

Type: Display Bug in Multiplayer

My Friend has borrowed a fighter for planet fall on a CV forbidden planet. As he came back, I got some heart attack as I saw the ship.
    He couldn't understand why....

This is what I saw:

The Back:
    [​IMG]

From Below:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Jon2

Jon2 Ensign

I am having a problem with my solar panels. Yesterday all 20 solar panels were giving almost 900 kw energy to me in orbit. They always gave this amout of energy all the time. But since the 7.6 update, now they are giving only 46 kw of energy, even with the panels showing all four green and yellow lights at max. I know it is a bug because i tried the same base in the creative mode and it was giving 900 kw again. I tried replace the solar panels and put again, even tried replace the core and put again, but this bug still is happening, the solar panels are useless to me now with only 46 kw. I will send the pictures i took to show you.

Attached Files:

15. Senomega

Senomega Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: Uncool Ollylama Empyrion Server
    SEED-ID: It does not matter

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes but It does not matter

After the update, we could no longer produce flour. We have deleted the custom config.ecf. Now flour is no longer needed. Starting a new game is not easy, because this is a server.

16. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Sounds like a bug, yes. Can you please upload the savegame to a cloud service so we can have a look? Thx!

17. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Did the changed recipes show up correctly? In this case this should not be a problem, because you do not need flour anymore (but only wheat).

18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Was the structure set to PUBLIC? In this case there is only a CHANCE go get back a device. If the structure was set to PRIVATE you always get back a device.

19. Senomega

Senomega Lieutenant

Everything is displayed correctly only flour does not appear.

Attached Files:

20. Deathgrip1994

Deathgrip1994 Ensign

i cant make flour for recipes. why is the four gone?