Bug Reports: Alpha 8.0 - Controller & Keymapping

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    This thread is for bugs related to either CONTROLLER and global KEYMAPPING

Post your bugs here using the following template:

Device: (Controller, Keyboard, Mouse)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: ( Button not working, not assignable etc )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots: (Please click on the console dropdown and make a screenshot of the ERROR log!)

2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
  3. Bollen

Bollen Commander

First of all thank you, thank you, thank you!!! What a treat it is to fly a ship with a joystick! Especially with Auto Break Off!

Device: Thrustmaster T.16000M and TWCS Throttle

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: (not assignable)

Summary: Look left/right/Up/Down cannot be assigned, however most settings like strafe, roll axis, etc work fine.

Description: If I click on the --- nothing happens, it does not select and certainly it does not accept the controller's input. I have assigned almost every action in Empyrion to a controller button or axis, the majority works, but I cannot fly i.e. control pitch or roll with it (I still have to use the mouse).

Steps to Reproduce: Plug it in, go to controller menu and click on the assign --- button for either primary or secondary.

Ballard likes this.
  4. mmccaslin13

mmccaslin13 Ensign

I agree - having the same issue. I use Pinnacle Game Profiler for my mappings. So I cleared all of the new native mappings in Empyrion's control panel>options, but the game gets confused when I'm dragging and dropping inventory items. Starts scrolling when I try to pick-up/place stacked items, cursor seems to be vibrating between two different positions a couple pixels apart, my back button (B) always seems to register as a "hold" command (which brings up System command overlay). The biggest thing is that we can't assign press & hold commands using Empyrion's mapping interface. If we could do that, I think I could replicate according to my customizations and stop using Pinnacle altogether. I tried playing last night for about 45 minutes, but had to declare the game unplayable until I find a workaround. The real irony is that I once wrote a note to Empyrion devs begging for controller support. Be careful what you wish for I guess! Hope it's short-lived, as I do love this game!!

5. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Sometimes the assigning process takes a second. I think you tried this already.

Questions:
    1. You are trying to assing a button OR an axis?
    2. Which tab in the Options do you use? (Keyboard or Mouse?)

6. Bollen

Bollen Commander

Either, it doesn't even select. All the other functions work well, if I click on them they turn yellow and I hear a sound/click, but when I press the --- on the look left/right, etc nothing happens at all.

Hope this helped!

7. DaveLister

DaveLister Ensign

Device: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

Severity: Minor

Type: Not Assignable

Summary: Cannot assign joystick inputs for "Keyboard" commands.

Description: Similar issues to Bollen here. Not sure if bug or WAD, but I would like to assign controller axes as the secondary input for rotation commands under the Keyboard tab. Before Alpha 8 this worked just fine, but now when I hold back the stick, even for several seconds (or try any other axis with the joystick) nothing happens. When under the controller tab, I am able to assign joystick axes to commands, but none of the commands seem to correspond to what I want, which is essentially to be able to pilot a ship with a joystick.

Steps to Reproduce: Attach controller, attempt to assign joystick axis to a rotation command under the Keyboard tab.

8. CMBeast

CMBeast Ensign

Device : Mouse, Tt esports commander
    Type: Uncontrolled Scrolling of drop down menus
    Summary: When opening a drop down menu it will scroll as soon as I move the mouse pointer over the menu example : P menu of a ship .
    Steps to reproduce: tried logging on too different games and web sites only happens on Empyrion

9. deathtospam10

deathtospam10 Ensign

Couldn't find a thread for Controllers/Keyboards for hot fix from today 6/17... so, here it goes. - EDIT: moved from original posted thread to here - (Once I found it, lol)

I used to be able to map pitch and yaw for piloting. Now I have to rely on auto "O" to balance out my ship. It works ok I guess, but I still cannot perform a Turn Left/Right when I need to squeeze in to a tight spot.

I only use kb and mouse and cannot assign any key to do just these things.